Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

The Bookie

I live by two words: Fcuk you, pay me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
The American left took a huge L on this.

Even the Majority Report. SMH.

Last edited:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Yeah it is.
So then the US is definitely the aggressor seeing as we sell arms to every nation surrounding Russia, except China? Since the US is the biggest arms dealer in the world.

Selling arms does not equal having your nations military bases and weapons pointed at another country.
y’all are playing obtuse with why American military is in Europe. We didn’t just colonize a bunch of Europe. The freaking continent went through two world wars and a collapse of the Ottoman Empire.
Nah, I am aware of what happened.

The issue is you think, like we are taught in schools, we are the saviors of the planet. And no one else can have a say. Even those words, "We didn't just colonize."
That whole Cuba scenario is bogus for the simple fact Russia has no reason to be over in the Americas militarily in a major way.
We don't have any reason to be around those surrounding Russia states and said as much when the US said it wouldn't expand NATO. We did it anyway because this is what the US does.

That's not absolving Putin, but we Americans got a child-like understanding of the world and how actions create reactions. Its why we end up in this bullshyt all the damn time.

There’s a reason you never hear about former Russian colonies way out in Africa or south east Asia. They didn’t do it.
Of course, because the US did that.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
So then the US is definitely the aggressor seeing as we sell arms to every nation surrounding Russia, except China? Since the US is the biggest arms dealer in the world

Nah, I am aware of what happened.

The issue is you think, like we are taught in schools, we are the saviors of the planet. And no one else can have a say. Even those words, "We didn't just colonize."

We don't have any reason to be around those surrounding Russia states and said as much when the US said it wouldn't expand NATO. We did it anyway because this is what the US does.

That's not absolving Putin, but we Americans got a child-like understanding of the world and how actions create reactions. Its why we end up in this bullshyt all the damn time.

Of course, because the US did that.

nikkaz talkin bout being victims of Russian disinformation as if they ain’t intensely watching American coverage which is in itself propaganda from a US/West perspective. It’s pretty funny actually. Obviously right now opinions are firmly rooted in their corners but let’s at least bring those opinions together to make a common consensus. Many things can be true at once:

- Russia/Putin is threatening the stability of Europe on a level not seen since WWII.

- NATO overplayed its hand in the 90s with its expansionist endeavors which has brought about this response.

- Russia/Putin is still pissed at NATO for fanning the flames of the Maidan revolution in the mid 2010s which resulted in the overthrow of a corrupt govt in favor of Russia for a corrupt govt in favor of the West along with the Crimean annexation and this is the other shoe dropping.

- NATO cannot appear weak to their Baltic allies/Poland or backtrack from their 90s/00s expansion into Russia’s sphere of influence if NATO is to remain a viable institution moving forward.

To me, what could’ve/would’ve solved this is if Central/Eastern Europe had taken a similar stance as Sweden/Finland at the end of the Cold War by being out of NATO but maintain a balanced relationship between the two sides. The viability of that kinda policy is another question entirely since Central/Eastern Europe isn’t on the level of Sweden/Finland. I won’t even suggest that abolishing NATO would solve it because there’s no way America would’ve allowed for that. But at the very least you can say a neutral position like that of Sweden/Finland has been successful and less antagonistic than choosing to be dojas in NATO.

Also, as someone else brought up, the way in which the West carried things after the Cold War would make any nation of similar stature and history feel like NATO won’t even act in good faith. America enjoyed the hell outta that goofy drunk Yeltsin which can’t possibly be helping to convince those of Putin’s mindset that the West is a fair party to deal with. On the contrary, it proves that nothing is fair in war and geopolitics.

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
It's sick, man. I honestly didn't know we had legit posters (outside of the Russian agent influx of 2016) who would blatantly carry water for Russia when Russians wouldn't spit on their black ass or white ass if they were on fire.

It's like they fell for Russian propaganda hook, line and sinker. Russia's entire foreign policy strategy has been to make themselves look like a victim when that has never been the case. These dudes have been brainwashed.

So every move Russia makes is because they're "afraid of being invaded"?

I guess they meddled with our elections out of "fear of being invaded" too, right?

Man, gtfoh.

NATO has never had any designs on Russia, at all. This whole storyline about needing to invade Ukraine because of NATO is nothing but a Russian disinformation campaign that surprise surprise, unsuspecting coli brehs are once again falling for.

Who do you think NATO is there to defend its members against?

:mjlol:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
nikkaz talkin bout being victims of Russian disinformation as if they ain’t intensely watching American coverage which is in itself propaganda from a US/West perspective. It’s pretty funny actually. Obviously right now opinions are firmly rooted in their corners but let’s at least bring those opinions together to make a common consensus. Many things can be true at once:

- Russia/Putin is threatening the stability of Europe on a level not seen since WWII.

- NATO overplayed its hand in the 90s with its expansionist endeavors which has brought about this response.

- Russia/Putin is still pissed at NATO for fanning the flames of the Maidan revolution in the mid 2010s which resulted in the overthrow of a corrupt govt in favor of Russia for a corrupt govt in favor of the West along with the Crimean annexation and this is the other shoe dropping.

- NATO cannot appear weak to their Baltic allies/Poland or backtrack from their 90s/00s expansion into Russia’s sphere of influence if NATO is to remain a viable institution moving forward.

To me, what could’ve/would’ve solved this is if Central/Eastern Europe had taken a similar stance as Sweden/Finland at the end of the Cold War by being out of NATO but maintain a balanced relationship between the two sides. The viability of that kinda policy is another question entirely since Central/Eastern Europe isn’t on the level of Sweden/Finland. I won’t even suggest that abolishing NATO would solve it because there’s no way America would’ve allowed for that. But at the very least you can say a neutral position like that of Sweden/Finland has been successful and less antagonistic than choosing to be dojas in NATO.

Also, as someone else brought up, the way in which the West carried things after the Cold War would make any nation of similar stature and history feel like NATO won’t even act in good faith. America enjoyed the hell outta that goofy drunk Yeltsin which can’t possibly be helping to convince those of Putin’s mindset that the West is a fair party to deal with. On the contrary, it proves that nothing is fair in war and geopolitics.
CIA covert action :sas2:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
CIA covert action :sas2:

We’re talking about two very dirty players. CIA cooking, Russia’s counterparts working, surely the European counterparts are also working. Ain’t no good guys in this, just guys lol….
UqG94eg.png

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת

This is only true if we believe in the idea of give Putin an inch, he'll take a mile philosophy. The reality is Putin is embolden to do whatever he wants in Ukraine because he knows the US isn't going to go to war over the country.

I disagree. NATO didn't overplay anything, it functioned as it was designed to, a defense pact against what was considered the most notorious aggressor in the region.

I agree.

NATO has actually gone above and beyond for a nation that isn't a member. Putin wouldn't be this aggressive pushing into the Balkins because it would be seen as a direct declaration of war with the US.

Daps
Who do you think NATO is there to defend its members against?

:mjlol:

I'm saying NATO is not gonna make an unwarranted aggressive move on Russia. That's not what they're there for.

Russia wants to make it seem as if NATO is over there plotting on them when that aint the case. Yeah, they watch Russia but they aren't trying to make any aggressive moves on them.

Russia is the aggressor, not NATO.

Daps
We’re talking about two very dirty players. CIA cooking, Russia’s counterparts working, surely the European counterparts are also working. Ain’t no good guys in this, just guys lol….
UqG94eg.png

This is the only thing you've said in this thread today that I agree with.

Which trips me out that there's ppl in here trying to pretend as if Putin is the good guy, when nah, he's just a guy just as Biden is just a guy.

We're all just guyz. :troll:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Breh, you are a victim of the Russian disinformation campaign and you don't even realize it.
Lol, what are you on about ? Is it impossible to understand somebody else's point of view ?
I keep condemning Russia's invasions and not once did I say they were legit. I just try to bring some context on how we got where we are right now.

You act like it's impossible for people to be pro-Russia even if they are culturally Russian and live next to its borders. The USSR fell 30 years ago that's only one generation. It makes sense for people who lived under it to be nostalgic of it and still have good opinion of Russia above all if their economic situations didnt improve since then.

Daps
Lol, what are you on about ? Is it impossible to understand somebody else's point of view ?
I keep condemning Russia's invasions and not once did I say they were legit. I just try to bring some context on how we got where we are right now.

You act like it's impossible for people to be pro-Russia even if they are culturally Russian and live next to its borders. The USSR fell 30 years ago that's only one generation. It makes sense for people who lived under it to be nostalgic of it and still have good opinion of Russia above all if their economic situations didnt improve since then.

On the one hand, you agree that Donetsk and Luhansk are full of Putin backed conspirators who are purposely acting for Russia to invade. But then on the other hand, you say "well maybe there's some Ukrainians there who want them to invade anyway"

:deadmanny:

Lemme ask you this. What if that fool DeSantis decides he wants Florida to secede from the US and then decides he wants to request aid from Russia.

How retarded would that be?

Exactly.

Thats how retarded this current situation in the Ukraine is.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
This is only true if we believe in the idea of give Putin an inch, he'll take a mile philosophy. The reality is Putin is embolden to do whatever he wants in Ukraine because he knows the US isn't going to go to war over the country.

Naturally, we see how the West reacted to Crimea. Putin’s end goal obviously is to dismantle Ukraine and leave an impotent runt state in its place while forming Novorusiya with the southern/eastern territories of Ukraine. This doesn’t resolve the Baltic states, nor does it necessarily deter Sweden/Finland from joining NATO themselves which creates another issue for Russia.

I disagree. NATO didn't overplay anything, it functioned as it was designed to, a defense pact against what was considered the most notorious aggressor in the region.

Russia wasn’t a threat to Europe by the end of the Cold War and especially during those chaotic Yeltsin years. So it’s arguable that NATO was unnecessary with regards to dealing with Russia particularly. To me, it was more useful in preventing future major scale conflicts within Europe. Their actions essentially recreated the Russian boogeyman they were purported to be defending against.

NATO has actually gone above and beyond for a nation that isn't a member. Putin wouldn't be this aggressive pushing into the Balkins because it would be seen as a direct declaration of war with the US.

Because those investments benefit NATO long term. It certainly isn’t out of the kindness of their hearts. It’s prudent for NATO to aid Ukraine as much as possible given its proximity to the Baltic States and Poland.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
This is the only thing you've said in this thread today that I agree with.

Which trips me out that there's ppl in here trying to pretend as if Putin is the good guy, when nah, he's just a guy just as Biden is just a guy.

We're all just guyz. :troll:

Well I’m glad we agree on something. This shyt ain’t a Disney movie, it’s geopolitics :skip: