Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dang, I read up more on the woman and her two kids that died. She was a tech worker, and she hesitated leaving Kyiv because of her mother (who has Alzheimer’s) was scared to leave her own 18 yo son behind (the woman’s little brother). Men his age have to stay. And with sh*tty luck the day she did try to evacuate, Russians shelled her neighborhood. I still feel the husband should’ve forced her leave. But IDK. The mom sounds like my mom worrying about her son but there was nothing she could’ve done for him at that point. He was a drafted soldier basically. This whole story is sad man. This woman was a tech worker and stayed behind because of her family and got killed like she was nothing. Putin deserves the hottest flames in Hell.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Ive been thinking if I had to put this conflict into animal terms, this is a Wolverine vs Grizzly fight. The Ukrainians have shown to be some scrappy lil mfers with heart, and theyve definitely gouged out at least one of the bears eyes and nibbled on his ear. But we all know a wolverine aint killing a bear, and Ukraines strategy is kinda confusing me that on one hand theyre fighting like hell, but theyre also looking for a dialogue and negotiations, but yet they're still putting up clear red lines :wtf: pick one, either say fukk the negotiations and go all in with the guerrilla war like you already are cause you cant trust the god damn Russians... or immediately sue for peace and give them the city to avoid a massacre. The West isnt coming no matter what they do, they already agreed to 90 percent of Putins demands but shyt is frustrating knowing these barbarians are gonna potentially slaughter an entire city just to prove a point man. I dont know Im glad I dont have to make these decisions cause I understand fighting for the homeland but at this rate aint gon be no fukking homeland to fight for :damn: at least a strategic retreat or something man damn

you need to expand your definitions of winning and losing.
time is on Ukraine's side and the more time goes by the narrower the definition of "win" becomes for Putin.
Ukraine on the other hand has time as an ally in many ways. they are undoubtedly getting stronger militarily as time goes by.
certainly we can agree on that? they are also using this time to dominate the word stage and engage diplomatically with allies and Russia.
even if the talks with Russia go nowhere (they won't) at least they have other things cooking up in the background.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
I know this is higher learning and we try to find a defense for everything even if it doesn't deserve it, but there is no way this can be defended. Zelensky been getting way too many passes...

Top Zelensky Official on CNN Invites Biden to Kyiv – ‘If You Are Brave’

He has his spokesmen asking Biden to please come to Kyiv now? What?

Biden going to Poland

:wow:

damn straight Biden should be in Kyiv.
he should drive over the Polish border in a convertible Corvette shooting an AR in the sky.
or better yet, fly in on an F-35 as co pilot and hit the eject button over Kyiv and float down into Zelensky's arms.
then Biden takes off his helmet, sniffs Zelensky's head, looks in the camera and says "Smells like freedom!" :smugbiden:

i might be retarded :heh:

Last edited:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Putin will annex territory in the south limited Ukraines access to the Black Sea. Russia will achieve their military but come out of this thing weaker.

At what cost?

Having access to that port doesn't bring in new trade. Even if its about military movements, his military is getting exposed as soft. He's deploying $100 million hypersonic missles because the $30 million one aren't blowing up enough. His supply trucks are in abysmal shape and China ain't jumping to churn out new ones. He still suffering record sanctions. The youth of Russia are fleeing to Armenia and other states for work/security. His inner circle is shrinking. The oligarchs who still have access to their funds have fled the country. The country is cut off from the global financial system. Gettin access to the Black Sea doesn't mean shyt if nothing's coming in. And Chechnya ain't about to save the Russian economy. And from the looks of it neither is China.

I'm sorry, breh. But he can't just bully his way out of this one. NATO will proxy war this until the end of time if it means the depletion of the Russian military and the destruction of its economy. We've literally never seen something like this economically in our lifetime.

"Victory" militarily isn't always "winning" the war. The US went over to Vietnam and killed untold numbers of Vietnamese...but no one would twist their mouths to say that war was won.