Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
and thats more than the population of NYC. Imagine if the whole NYC just bounced. and its half the population of NY State. Like its really hard to phathom we just see what we see on TV but just think about how crazy it is that millions of people left one country in less than a month
makes you wonder about the power of social media too. The messages spread way farther than it would have even 10 years ago and people all left. Its kinda wild.

Daps
Fam, you might need to source your claims because there is no leader that is at risk of anything domestically for not enforcing a NFZ. Gas prices, unemployment, inflation or crime are waaaay higher on their population's priority list.

I just turned on MSNBC for the first time and what are they talking about? Enforcing a NFZ over Ukraine.

Obviously it shouldn't be done. But it doesn't stop it from being political fodder that can be used to beat up on candidates you don't like.

Republicans are attempting to frame themselves as more hawkish than Biden because they know that's what voters want: voters want hawks right now.

The gas prices are being affected directly by what's happening in Ukraine.

Inflation will go even higher due to higher gas costs.

Ukraine is gonna affect world leaders domestically.

Daps

I suggest watching this using 1.75x playback speed.

Watching now. I tried to watch at 1.75x speed as you suggested but I had to set it back to normal as tone and inflection really matter to me in these types of interviews. Helps me to better comprehend some of the points that are made and speeding it up doesn't allow me to take it in the way I like to.

The_Unchosen_One

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis
Ed Snowden really hasn't posted on twitter in nearly a month.

So much for the American government being so terrible but Russia being so good argument.

:mjlol:
Currently in a dungeon of the Kremlin getting his balls shocked with a battery from a golf cart (and that's just for his sexual enjoyment)

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
But here's the thing. The eradication of Ukraine wasn't the casus belli, it was the "denazification and total takeover of ukraine".

It doesn't matter HOW MANY PEOPLE FLEE. If the Ukrainian government still stands...Putin didn't win. Ukraine isn't trying to totally decimate the Russian military apparatus and push on to kill Putin...which is why you don't hear of any artilary instillations, counter-offensives, or jockeying for land. Ukraine's objective here is simple. Survival.

As @Orbital-Fetus continues to illustrate, time is in the Ukrainians' favor. Why? The longer they stall the push to Kyiv, the more weapons and support they get from NATO, the more Putin gets pressured from the domestic issues, the more logistical problems his army has. etc. And @Liu Kang you're correct in saying Ukraine can't afford to lose men. But urban warfare has ALWAYS benefitted the small strike force. You see what insurgents did to the US military in Iraq. They too were outmanned/outgunned. Imagine if they had the support of a NATO in the wings....we wouldn't be talking about that conflict as a victory either.

Yes, Russia is winning LAND BATTLES. But they are not winning the war long term. America went into Afghanistan, took it over in two weeks and installed puppet governments in less than a year. Did that destroy the American economy? Was there BREAD on the shelves? Were millenials and Gen X leaving the country to go work in Canada? Nope.

War, traditionally, drains your country of resources only to replenish them with innovation and the spoils of conquered lands. Putin is getting neither of them and draning his country of resources and opportunity.

Tell me, what good is winning a war if your country falls apart to do it?
most of what you say here is true, but one key thing to note is: Putin doesn't really care about bombing civilians. If there's a chance they'll lose on an urban front, he has no issue with leveling residential blocks. you cant really compare the fight of the US mil in iraq to Russias invasion of the Ukraine

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ukraine claims to have killed 15K Russian troops.

Russia just admitted to losing appx 10K.

This is what 10,000 people looks like..

10000.jpeg

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But here's the thing. The eradication of Ukraine wasn't the casus belli, it was the "denazification and total takeover of ukraine".

It doesn't matter HOW MANY PEOPLE FLEE. If the Ukrainian government still stands...Putin didn't win. Ukraine isn't trying to totally decimate the Russian military apparatus and push on to kill Putin...which is why you don't hear of any artilary instillations, counter-offensives, or jockeying for land. Ukraine's objective here is simple. Survival.

As @Orbital-Fetus continues to illustrate, time is in the Ukrainians' favor. Why? The longer they stall the push to Kyiv, the more weapons and support they get from NATO, the more Putin gets pressured from the domestic issues, the more logistical problems his army has. etc. And @Liu Kang you're correct in saying Ukraine can't afford to lose men. But urban warfare has ALWAYS benefitted the small strike force. You see what insurgents did to the US military in Iraq. They too were outmanned/outgunned. Imagine if they had the support of a NATO in the wings....we wouldn't be talking about that conflict as a victory either.

Yes, Russia is winning LAND BATTLES. But they are not winning the war long term. America went into Afghanistan, took it over in two weeks and installed puppet governments in less than a year. Did that destroy the American economy? Was there BREAD on the shelves? Were millenials and Gen X leaving the country to go work in Canada? Nope.

War, traditionally, drains your country of resources only to replenish them with innovation and the spoils of conquered lands. Putin is getting neither of them and draning his country of resources and opportunity.

Tell me, what good is winning a war if your country falls apart to do it?

You cant compare Russia to America. The EU and NATO don’t give a fukk about Afghanistan and Hell would freeze over first before they’d ever sanction America in the way we’re doing Russia right now. I think you’re being naive. There’s no way whatsoever that Ukraine is winning this war and telling yourself comfortable lies is a waste of time. Ukraine didn’t fall in a week because it’s a borderline first world country. There’s levels. But still….they don’t have the resources, man power or weapons to stop Russia. End of story. We are not going to aid Ukraine in any material way to avoid a greater conflict and the fact that you keep focusing on external support from the West proves that you know they can’t withstand a war with Russia on their own.

And :dead: at it doesn’t matter how many people flee. That’s spoken like someone that’s safe and sound on the other side of the world. If China or Russia bombed all our cities and had 75 million Americans running, no one would be like yea we got this taken care of :smugfavre: It would be utter pandemonium and we’d be in all out war. Stop it.

Last edited:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
We are not going to aid Ukraine in any material way to avoid a greater conflict and the fact that you keep focusing on external support from the West proves that you know they can’t withstand a war with Russia on their own.

openly contradict yourself, brehs...
We are not aiding Ukraine in any material way :hula: Reality

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
openly contradict yourself, brehs...
We are not aiding Ukraine in any material way :hula: Reality

There’s no contradiction in those sentences. Get your reading comprehension up. I said the fact that HE (not me) keeps bringing that up shows that HE (not me) knows Ukraine can’t stand alone.