Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps

Eh I disagree.

NATO's expansion since the fall of the USSR is the main reason Putin going hard like that.

Hell, I would say the US helping Eltsine to win his second stint did more damage than anything else because Eltsine tenure humiliated Russia on the world stage and also gave oligarchs the keys to its economy and those 2 things directly led to Putin president.

Man thinks 2 countries who have been at war with each other for 1 century* didnt learn a lesson. They learnt it all too well and that's why they want peace on the continent.

Last edited:

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
Eh I disagree.

NATO's expansion since the fall of the USSR is the main reason Putin going hard like that.

Hell, I would say the US helping Eltsine to win his second stint did more damage than anything else because Eltsine tenure humiliated Russia on the world stage and also gave oligarchs the keys to its economy and those 2 things directly led to Putin president.

Man thinks 2 countries who have been at war with each other for 2 centuries didnt learn a lesson. They learnt it all too well and that's why they want peace on the continent.
The growth of a defensive pact is the reason why a country has acted aggressively? Maybe Putin is an expansionist autocrat that would act this way regardless

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Not the same analogy has US put missiles in Ukraine?

US wouldn’t invade Cuba if Russia asked them to join a defensive pact because we have no plans to start a war
How is it not the same ? You're talking about a defensive pact that includes weapon and strategic aid.

The US wouldnt invade Cuba ? What is the Bay of Pigs incident ? The blockade since the 60s ? The reason why a nuclear war didnt pop off in 62 was because the US and Russia came to an agreement and the US part was to not attack Cuba and uninstall missiles in Turkey that were targeting Russia...

EDIT : Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending Russia by any means but we're kidding ourselves if we think the US or any other superpower would react differently

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Man blatantly implied that Ukraine shouldn't exist yesterday and we are pointing to US aggression brehs.
We can disregard this but Putin is a product of how the West acted since 1991. He's definitely had this whole Kievan Rus paradigm before then but we could pinpoint the Kosovo war and NATO's involvement has a key source of his world view.

Yes, dude is acting like a mad man and he's 100% wrong in what he's doing and has done to Ukraine but he doesnt exist in a vaccum and his Munich speech in 2007 is a good way to try to "get" him.

But you're right, this not the thread to do it. I'll stop derailing and focus on the current crisis from now on.