Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
:mjcry:

Hope to god that shyts fake.

:mjcry:

This the kind of barabaric shyt that made Zelensky get a standing ovation from both sides of the aisle in congress and a unanimous vote to declare Putin a war criminal. Expect a No Fly Zone/NATO entrance if this war drags on even a month longer at this pace smh

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:hhh:American perspectives on global power - whoever has more guns right?

And for each of those lil countries you listed who "can't stand them", you should look up who their number 1 import/export partner is (hint: it's China).

Go through each country by name so I can dissect your opinion because I know you’re talking out of your ass. Hong Kong, Taiwan and Tibet/Xinjiang (not countries but regions) should be a given. I don’t need to explain why they don’t like China. Japan and China are enemies for obvious reasons. Singapore doesn’t like “Mainlanders”; a large amount of families there fled Communist China and fear it’s growing power in the region after watching events in HK and Taiwan. South Korea is more ambivalent towards China as it has a psycho directly on its border that China indirectly controls but they align with the West. India is fighting with China right now over their border region. The Quad program was started solely because countries over there don’t fukk with them and they’re not a part of TPP. Now compare this to the US being the leading voice in NATO, the UN and someone the EU looks to consult with on most pressing global matters. Where’s the equivalent of that for China over in their part of the world? I feel some of y’all just write opposing comments just to argue.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man, if Japan didn't have the US as their ally with the specific detail that are in play now, China may have smacked them up a decade or two ago.
Then why don't the US let them build their military back then? Wouldn't south Korea want to smack them too considering the history there? The point is, Japan isn't free to do what it wants. China.also isn't interested in war with other countries so it's a moot point.

Daps
This the kind of barabaric shyt that made Zelensky get a standing ovation from both sides of the aisle in congress and a unanimous vote to declare Putin a war criminal. Expect a No Fly Zone/NATO entrance if this war drags on even a month longer at this pace smh

I don't think Biden will go for a NFZ. He's smart enough to understand that it would be the wrong emotional reaction to Putin's barbarism.

I do think, though, that Putin doing shyt like this means that the West is going to close the doors on Russia economically for longer than they might have otherwise. Russian citizens are in for a rough next few years.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
It's still not much of a win. He's going to spur much of the rest of Eastern Europe to apply to NATO, the EU, or both.

Combine that with scaring a number of EU nation states into higher military spending, and Putin probably just made his rivals to the west stronger. He's also decimated his ground forces and has probably made China more bold in encroaching into Central Asia, influence-wise.

Old boy is hustling backwards from where he got in 2016 with influencing Brexit and Trump. This feels like the most consequential military mistake since Hitler sent forces into the USSR in winter. Maybe that's crazy to say, but just how it feels right now.
I'm just giving my opinion but I think Putin got emboldened by the Jan 6 rebellion, and news of Biden getting his agenda constantly derailed by 2 senators/and republicans

He thought Biden and his control of the White house was weak, sees UK as weak with how brexit has been a failure so far for them.. and so he made a move.

Just a theory.:patrice:

Daps
Go through each country by name so I can dissect your opinion because I know you’re talking out of your ass. Hong Kong, Taiwan and Tibet/Xinjiang (not countries but regions) should be a given. I don’t need to explain why they don’t like China. Japan and China are enemies for obvious reasons. Singapore doesn’t like “Mainlanders”; a large amount of families there fled Communist China and fear it’s growing power in the region after watching events in HK and Taiwan. South Korea is more ambivalent towards China as it has a psycho directly on its border that China indirectly controls but they align with the West. India is fighting with China right now over their border region. The Quad program was started solely because countries over there don’t fukk with them and they’re not a part of TPP. Now compare this to the US being the leading voice in NATO, the UN and someone the EU looks to consult with on most pressing global matters. Where’s the equivalent of that for China over in their part of the world? I feel some of y’all just write opposing comments just to argue.

South Korea just elected an explicitly pro-U.S., anti-China president.

I only mention this because I definitely agree with you overall, but I would go even farther on SK. They are more than merely ambivalent to China, IMO.

Great post, I just wanted to comment on that part and take it a little further.

Daps

I didn't mean to disrespect your initial point so I apologize if it came off that way.

However, those countries may have longstanding issues with China - that doesn't mean they can't foster strategic economic partnerships. This is simply realpolitik in action - when you're the world's factory you can dictate a lot of those terms. It's also the world's largest market with the world's largest middle class - so you want to sell shyt to them! They don't need (or crave) the military superiority that the United States has, because they would spend themselves into bankruptcy. It's not worth it to them, and you can't hope to unseat America as the world number 1 by doing exactly what they do.

Re "Communist China"'s growing power in the region - Kishore Mahbubani makes a very good point about this fear. The CCP exercises total power over its citizens for a number of reasons - one of the principal reasons is to ensure that, by continuing to grow its middle class, provide a safe and secure society, and lift its people out of poverty, uprisings/regime change don't occur. If that were to happen, the populist / ultra-nationalist elements would invariably take control of that country, and that would be a LOT fukking worse than its current state. These are the type of people who would take back Taiwan tomorrow if they could, and preemptively nuke Tokyo in retaliation for what the Imperial Japanese Army did in China.

Anyways, we shouldn't derail this thread any further - have a blessed day, G.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
You just said it, america is letting japan build their military. They need permission, how can they be free to make their own decisions as a country? Why not ally with both? China isn't interested bombing other countries, they're interested in trade. America can play the global military.

straight up clown talk.