Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Hoodoo Child

The Urban Legend
Daps
Reppin
The Crossroads
So what are y'all's theories for how this ends?

Will they capture zelenski and off him? :lupe:
Russia is gonna suffer heavy personnel loss, and Kyiv will eventually be captured/ destroyed. Vlad's Army is too big, and I just don't see this man disengaging..

War of Attrition for the Ukrainians. Long, dull and bloody.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I said why already. Plainly and clearly. If posters were too scared to fight goat herders, what logic are you using for wanting to fight Russians? And let’s not be disingenuous. Everyone was saying bring our troops back home when we withdrew from Afghanistan. Now people want to send them back out 6 months later?
You keep trying to slide this in. Despite these situations not being the same whatsoever regarding US involvement I don't see people even making this claim.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's literally what's happening right now :gucci:

Obviously. I read the Post too.

I’m saying that’s pretty much all we're gonna to do. All these posts saying we need to do more. Nah. That’s it. If y’all can’t deal with that, y’all better turn CNN and MSNBC off for the next few months because it’s not going beyond that and it’s going to get super ugly for a while :hubie:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת

- Ukraine will concede the 2 contested territories as independent, creating a small buffer for Russia.
- Russia will withdraw.
- Putin will step down for some reason other than orchestrating this terrible plan.
- China will grow significantly more powerful on the world stage with their hand up Russia's back.
- The new Cold War between the US & China will start because this conflict is going to shift geopolitics permanently.
- The West is going to get very aggressive with energy independence, those 2030/2040 timelines will be dialed down 5 or so years.
- Biden will successfully secure a second term because his foreign policy team has done an A+ job.
- Alternative energy will become a major talking point on political platforms from a national security perspective instead of an environmental one - which is what Biden will use to secure his second term.

Last edited:
Daps
Russia is gonna suffer heavy personnel loss, and Kyiv will eventually be captured/ destroyed. Vlad's Army is too big, and I just don't see this man disengaging..

Ahhhhh that is so ugly. Damn.:mjcry:

Guess Ukrainians r gonna be the next refugee crisis after Syria.

fukk Putin!!! :sadcam:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
I said why already. Plainly and clearly. If posters were too scared to fight goat herders, what logic are you using for wanting to fight Russians? And let’s not be disingenuous. Everyone was saying bring our troops back home when we withdrew from Afghanistan. Now people want to send them back out 6 months later?
You seem to be missing a critical point, that our military spent almost 2 decades fighting in Afghanistan to no real avail, so who was scared exactly? And who is trying to fight the Russians when we're able to successfully fight them via proxy?

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY

I hope not but knowing the russians if they do get hands on him theyll make an example out of him, which will further galvanize the international community against them for a long long time and rightfully so. Hes shown to be cut from a different cloth of men. All that judo and horseback riding for putin but zelensky is out in the field and in the streets with his people, for that alone I consider him the greater man and so does the rest of the world. That has to be eating vlad up inside. But if they catch zelensky theyre gonna do him like we did saddam or gaddafi, video tape and everything.

My personal take is if russia continues undetered theyll take the whole country by August, while suffering major losses and continuing to commit human rights abuses. Theyll defacto annex parts of the south/east and set up a puppet government but fighting will continue, this is gonna be their worst blunder of all time. I also have a feeling they might push for full anchluss of belarus through the union state treaty and maybe some other ex soviet states. might even destabilize the balkans through serbia. This is far from over until vlad dies or is deposed.

Look at this doja lukashenko, president of a whole country but would rather be putins weed carrier for life

Last edited:

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin

It may be big, but the structure is very disorganized. 3 Officers are dead already, as they are on the frontlines because Putin wants a win, but shyt is going bad... they sending in VDV, who promptly takes the area for a day, and then are killed... they sent a convoy with vehicles having dry rot in the tires/bad batteries, and are abandoning them... while Ukrainians are destroying Jets and other stuff.

I just don't see Kyiv falling with so much failures.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
It may be big, but the structure is very disorganized. 3 Officers are dead already, as they are on the frontlines because Putin wants a win, but shyt is going bad... they sending in VDV, who promptly takes the area for a day, and then are killed... they sent a convoy with vehicles having dry rot in the tires/bad batteries, and are abandoning them... while Ukrainians are destroying Jets and other stuff.

I just don't see Kyiv falling with so much failures.

I don't either. The Ukrainian insurgency armed with Western intelligence is going to give Russian ground troops nightmares.

If it falls, its because the Russians will say f*ck it and level the city through bombings.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You seem to be missing a critical point, that our military spent almost 2 decades fighting in Afghanistan to no real avail, so who was scared exactly? And who is trying to fight the Russians when we're able to successfully fight them via proxy?

Why you acting like I'm speaking about you? You must live under a rock if you haven't seen people saying they want NATO to intervene. Im just making a comment about how quickly people change up. We didn't have enough patience to crush the Taliban entirely but, we're going to intervene with a nuclear power. Yep. Makes total sense. The 20 year timeline is irrelevant and its just an excuse to continue debating. You understand what I'm saying just fine.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Why you acting like I'm speaking about you? You must live under a rock if you haven't seen people saying they want NATO to intervene. Im just making a comment about how quickly people change up. We didn't have enough patience to crush the Taliban entirely but, we're going to intervene with a nuclear power. Yep. Makes total sense. The 20 year timeline is irrelevant and its just an excuse to continue debating. You understand what I'm saying just fine.
You said people in HL but I haven't seen anyone in this thread show a desire for NATO to get involved. Quote some posts maybe I missed them, I'm interested in their perspective.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
I don't either. The Ukrainian insurgency armed with Western intelligence is going to give Russian ground troops nightmares.

If it falls, its because the Russians will say f*ck it and level the city through bombings.

Pretty much, it won't even fall. Buildings destroyed, maybe hit Presidential Office and other Government buildings, then leave. I don't even have faith that Russians want to be fighting this war, as this is just pressure from Putin to get things down. Morale is at a all time low, and I always refer to what Cus D'Amato said to Tyson; a fight is 90% Mental and 10% Physical.

US is supplying intelligence, drones, secret ops... everything.

And Russian officers are telling their men to go out, kill civilians, and just advance... but not in a cautious one; they overstep the lines of where to advance and where to hold.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You said people in HL but I haven't seen anyone in this thread show a desire for NATO to get involved. Quote some posts maybe I missed them, I'm interested in their perspective.

Here's one. There's more but, im not going through this entire thread. A few posters are making comments like this, that have this air of "we're letting Russia do whatever they want". I don't know what else they expect us to do :yeshrug:Which is why I made the comment about Afghanistan. If you read the Afghanistan thread and this thread, the energy is way different. People were like fukk them Afghans basically. Now they acting like we supposed to intervene with Ukraine when this sh*t could get super ugly. It doesn't make a lick of sense.

quote.png

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
Here's one. There's more but, im not going through this entire thread. A few posters are making comments like this, that have this air of "we're letting Russia do whatever they want". I don't know what else they expect us to do :yeshrug:Which is why I made the comment about Afghanistan. If you read the Afghanistan thread and this thread, the energy is way different. People were like fukk them Afghans basically. Now they acting like we supposed to intervene with Ukraine when this sh*t could get super ugly. It doesn't make a lick of sense.

quote.png
its not crazy that “someone should stop this country that just invaded another country for no reason” is a better motivation to fight a war than “we’ve been fighting this same enemy for twenty years with no progress and have no endgame”