Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I'm saying. What methods of diplomacy weren't explored up until the very point Putin invaded?

People in here living in a dream world. :mjlol:
That’s what’s pissing me off about all these dudes calling themselves noninterventionists. Guess what! Your favorite country CANT intervene. They literally don’t have enough money, soldiers, or guns.

they just want “cooler heads” to prevail and nothing to magically happen. It’s damn near prayer level of wishes. shyt is infuriating. Like Putin is going to just wake up and apologize or something.

The USA LITERALLY GAVE RUSSIA 4-5 months of warning!!! :gucci:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
You seem to think Putin is a rational actor and that he wants to talk.

We're trying to negotiate humanitarian corridors and Putin is bombing them.

He made his demands clear. He doesn't want peace unless it involves Ukraine not existing on everyone's map.
I don’t think Putin is a rational actor at all. I think he is afraid of losing his power, which this could lead too. Play on that to get him on the table because Russia is apparently being embarrassed in the Ukraine and even when they win, they don’t have the resources to handle the counter insurgency that will happen there as occupiers. The US couldn’t handle it in Afghanistan and we are a powerful nation and Afghanistan is infinitely weaker than the Ukraine. It’s not about rational because a rational person wouldn’t have invaded the Ukraine.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I don’t think Putin is a rational actor at all. I think he is afraid of losing his power, which this could lead too. Play on that to get him on the table because Russia is apparently being embarrassed in the Ukraine and even when they win, they don’t have the resources to handle the counter insurgency that will happen there. It’s not about rational because a rational person wouldn’t have invaded the Ukraine.
He thinks the US is the one trying to end his time in power. There's no doubt in my mind that he'd much rather try to handle the Russian population than meeting with the US to negotiate a clean exit.

I think you are underestimating the amount of arrogance and pride a man that has literally made in himself into a modern tsar has. He doesn't think he's going to lose.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
You seem to think Putin is a rational actor and that he wants to talk.

We're trying to negotiate humanitarian corridors and Putin is bombing them.

He made his demands clear. He doesn't want peace unless it involves Ukraine not existing on everyone's map.
Putin is rational if you accept that he thinks he fooled everyone all these years, not that people weren’t just tolerating his bullshyt.

This is a reality check that he has been dodging for 20 years.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Didn't G.W. Bush do the same thing with Desert Storm? He waited for Saddam to make a fukkup before sending troops? I know it sucks that Ukrainians are being killed, but, Biden is not playing into Putin's hand since China yesterday is beginning to deny them stuff. Each day this assault continues, the further it hurts Putin because you can only fight external/internal battles for so long.

Althalucian

All Star
Daps
Question for you all:

Does Putin and/or Russia do something insane and try to lash out violently against the world like Nazi Germany did? I mean, the economic sanctions and embarrassments in Ukraine look like it might put them into suicide mode and considering Russian men already die so young compared to well to do countries and Russians have a reputation for being violent and chaotic I just wonder if this turns into them using horrible weapons on us all.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Question for you all:

Does Putin and/or Russia do something insane and try to lash out violently against the world like Nazi Germany did? I mean, the economic sanctions and embarrassments in Ukraine look like it might put them into suicide mode and considering Russian men already die so young compared to well to do countries and Russians have a reputation for being violent and chaotic I just wonder if this turns into them using horrible weapons on us all.
They kinda just have to close their ears and eyes and jump off the ledge. They’re trying right now and no one is buying it.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Question for you all:

No I don't think his military would follow that type of order. I can see him pushing a button or commanding something but someone close to him make sure it won't go through

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Question for you all:

I have a feeling Putin is considering options, but at the same time, he wants to be remembered in history as a 'Winner'; even if he loses. I think that's why he is trying to force the United States to enter, so he could create a winning plan, back out, and blame it on the States. I think he knows the States are not entering, so that's why is still pushing into Ukraine, but its clear the operation is getting worse by the moment.

He is afraid to really to use those weapons, as he wants a victory, but not by mutual destruction.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes. It’s the hawks fault. The same Western hawks that told Russia not to invade for 5 months.
And what do you want now? We need to find a solution to this.

Let me ask you a question. When this is over, should Ukraine join NATO? I think I'm a yes for the EU because they'll need the financial support but NATO?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I have a feeling Putin is considering options, but at the same time, he wants to be remembered in history as a 'Winner'; even if he loses. I think that's why he is trying to force the United States to enter, so he could create a winning plan, back out, and blame it on the States. I think he knows the States are not entering, so that's why is still pushing into Ukraine, but its clear the operation is getting worse by the moment.

He is afraid to really to use those weapons, as he wants a victory, but not by mutual destruction.
He can’t lose like he did in 1991. But. He’s gonna come close. He needs to frame it as Win.