Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have a feeling Putin is considering options, but at the same time, he wants to be remembered in history as a 'Winner'; even if he loses. I think that's why he is trying to force the United States to enter, so he could create a winning plan, back out, and blame it on the States. I think he knows the States are not entering, so that's why is still pushing into Ukraine, but its clear the operation is getting worse by the moment.

He is afraid to really to use those weapons, as he wants a victory, but not by mutual destruction.
Senior officers must be getting antsy. What's that now, 3 of them down? Putin's seat is starting to get hot.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
And what do you want now? We need to find a solution to this.

Let me ask you a question. When this is over, should Ukraine join NATO? I think I'm a yes for the EU because they'll need the financial support but NATO?
Yes for EU. No for NATO.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So because Ukraine aspires to be a part of NATO, Russia has a right to invade them?

Dude, what are you saying here?

You're lowkey carrying water for Russia and I would respect it more if you would just come out and say what you mean and what you really want to say.

The US and other western countries can't help that what they have built and their societies are attractive to people and people want to be a part of it.

If Russia wasn't such a totalitarian authoritarian tyrannical regime, maybe folks wouldn't be trying to get out from other their thumb. You can't blame NATO for that.

Said the same thing. If they were halfway decent, they wouldn't have any of these problems. Honestly, they have no excuse having as much resource wealth as they do but, not being one of the wealthiest countries on a per capita basis, being in the EU and being the leading power in Europe/the EU. They have no excuse. It's just a backwards country.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Question for you all:

Does Putin and/or Russia do something insane and try to lash out violently against the world like Nazi Germany did? I mean, the economic sanctions and embarrassments in Ukraine look like it might put them into suicide mode and considering Russian men already die so young compared to well to do countries and Russians have a reputation for being violent and chaotic I just wonder if this turns into them using horrible weapons on us all.

No. For 2 reasons:

1. Putin very much cares about his own legacy which ties into Russia's status after him.
2. Though he won't get what he wanted out of all of this, he can very much walk away from this, embarrassment aside, and wield power through a puppet regime within his own country.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So what would you have them do? Just give up their land and let Russia take over?

What can we do? All of HL told us six months ago that they didn't want Americans dying for Afghanistan. That protecting their country was their fight. Not ours. That we didn't need to waste another dollar over there. Remember that? Because I remember people telling me that. Yet now we're supposed to fight a vastly stronger power with enough nukes to blow the Eastern seaboard away. A war to end all wars. Nah breh. With that logic, we had to stay in Afghanistan too. The stakes were much smaller there and we bounced. We can sanction Russia and cut off relations but, Ukraine needs to figure it out.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
What can we do? All of HL told us six months ago that they didn't want Americans dying for Afghanistan. That protecting their country was their fight. Not ours. That we didn't need to waste another dollar over there. Remember that? Because I remember people telling me that. Yet now we're supposed to fight a vastly stronger power with enough nukes to blow the Eastern seaboard away. A war to end all wars. Nah breh. With that logic, we had to stay in Afghanistan too. The stakes were much smaller there and we bounced. We can sanction Russia and cut off relations but, Ukraine needs to figure it out.
Strawman

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Said the same thing. If they were halfway decent, they wouldn't have any of these problems. Honestly, they have no excuse having as much resource wealth as they do but, not being one of the wealthiest countries on a per capita basis, being in the EU and being the leading power in Europe/the EU. They have no excuse. It's just a backwards country.
They've been called backwards for 400+ years now. :mjlol:

I don't think they've ever really considered themselves to be "European" though. They tend to go through varying periods of closeness with Western Europe.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת

I personally don't believe there is any valid reason for the US to ever put troops on the ground in Ukraine. But with that being said, what does an almost 20 year conflict in Afghanistan have to do with a 2 week one in Ukraine that we didn't initiate?

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I personally don't believe there is any valid reason for the US to ever put troops on the ground in Ukraine. But with that being said, what does an almost 20 year conflict in Afghanistan have to do with a 2 week one in Ukraine that we didn't initiate?

I said why already. Plainly and clearly. If posters were too scared to fight goat herders, what logic are you using for wanting to fight Russians? And let’s not be disingenuous. Everyone was saying bring our troops back home when we withdrew from Afghanistan. Now people want to send them back out 6 months later?

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando

That's literally what's happening right now :gucci: