Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
He thinks the US is the one trying to end his time in power. There's no doubt in my mind that he'd much rather try to handle the Russian population than meeting with the US to negotiate a clean exit.

I think you are underestimating the amount of arrogance and pride a man that has literally made in himself into a modern tsar has. He doesn't think he's going to lose.
I’m not tryna even remove him from power. I am only about ending an insane war that is going to have larger ramifications.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Question for you all:

Does Putin and/or Russia do something insane and try to lash out violently against the world like Nazi Germany did? I mean, the economic sanctions and embarrassments in Ukraine look like it might put them into suicide mode and considering Russian men already die so young compared to well to do countries and Russians have a reputation for being violent and chaotic I just wonder if this turns into them using horrible weapons on us all.
Russia don’t have the resources that Germany did.

Able Archer 83

Two Minutes to Midnight
Daps
Reppin
More on how this conflict is more ideological for Putin rather than anything else:

He wants all of the benefits of Tsarist Russia (the autocracy, the Nationalism, the cultural hegemony, the Empire) with none of the drawbacks (the corruption, the military ineptitude, the backwardness, the contempt of Western society). He thinks he's above history, when he's just another cog in the world machine. Sad!

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I’m not tryna even remove him from power. I am only about ending an insane war that is going to have larger ramifications.
I get it, but bringing Putin "to the table" isn't going to end the war. We're past that.

He doesn't want peace or an end unless its on his terms ie annexing Ukraine and wiping it off the map.

Able Archer 83

Two Minutes to Midnight
Daps
Reppin
So what are y'all's theories for how this ends?

Will they capture zelenski and off him? :lupe:

I said it before, I'll say it again.

Should they capture Zelensky (they won't, BTW) their best bet would be to put him in a comfortable house in Siberia or something, the same way Saudi Arabia handled Idi Amin. Anything that smacks of turmoil or martyrdom will cause huge(r) problems down the line.

Hoodoo Child

The Urban Legend
Daps
Reppin
The Crossroads
Pretty much, it won't even fall. Buildings destroyed, maybe hit Presidential Office and other Government buildings, then leave. I don't even have faith that Russians want to be fighting this war, as this is just pressure from Putin to get things down. Morale is at a all time low, and I always refer to what Cus D'Amato said to Tyson; a fight is 90% Mental and 10% Physical.

US is supplying intelligence, drones, secret ops... everything.

And Russian officers are telling their men to go out, kill civilians, and just advance... but not in a cautious one; they overstep the lines of where to advance and where to hold.
I mean..at this point, it's safe to assume Putin doesn't even want the city. He wants Zelenskyy. If they kill him (Or somebody leak the real UGF casualties), there's a good chance the country might lose morale. Yeah, they're gonna still fight, but will they fight as hard knowing their leader is dead? I'm really not trying to come off as Pro-Putin, but alot of the takes in here are kinda questionable. Yes, Jets are being shot down, but most of the shelling is coming from superior ground artillery.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
We know that. He doesn't care, otherwise this would be over.
I know, which is why we need to be Team America and come to the table to hash it out. He really thought this would be over quickly and it’s not.

Im also of the mind that NATO doesn’t need to exist either, but that is a different convo

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
I mean..at this point, it's safe to assume Putin doesn't even want the city. He wants Zelenskyy. If they kill him (Or somebody leak the real UGF casualties), there's a good chance the country might lose morale. Yeah, they're gonna still fight, but will they fight as hard knowing their leader is dead? I'm really not trying to come off as Pro-Putin, but alot of the takes in here are kinda questionable. Yes, Jets are being shot down, but most of the shelling is coming from superior ground artillery.

As of this moment, Zelenskyy has framed himself as a man of the people; just he is the President. From my viewpoint, when you humble yourself... you not only tell your soldiers to fight harder, but, it also doesn't make 'You' the figurehead. Putin on the other side is the man with the power and influence, but if you take him away, who is the rightful person to take over? There would be a lot of infighting.

I get your views, it's not pro-Putin, but at the same time... I just have a feeling that while they would mourn him, they would fight for his ideas vs. a Russian side that is told what to do, by someone only invested in their self-interests.