Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
China has already claimed HK without a peep from the West...

Where are you getting this rhetoric ?
HK was only ever under British control until '97 by treaty. I remember asking a friend from HK how he felt about it returning to China in 97 and he replied with a confused "Well, I'm Chinese, so..."

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I think the nationalist views that Trump have unleashed on voters have been severely underestimated. People don't care about this type of stuff and once they see rising gas prices, Biden will be blamed and his approval rating will plummet.
That's possible, but if I'm Biden I'll stand on my decision. Sometimes the right thing isn't politically expedient.

The general public still views Russia as a belligerent enemy now. This is the time to capitalize.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
The Hong Kong security laws happened recently - I'm not talking about Thatcher and Deng Xiaoping

They will wait until they are strong and big enough... there was never any planned attack against Taiwan

what exactly is anybody suppose to do about that?

Chinese jets are probably probing Taiwain airspace as we speak, attacking taiwan is probably the Chinese military's main mission, they are just waiting for orders, its all planned out

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
That's possible, but if I'm Biden I'll stand on my decision. Sometimes the right thing isn't politically expedient.

The general public still views Russia as a belligerent enemy now. This is the time to capitalize.
Considering Trump can beat Biden in 2024 if Biden is not considered a success, doing whats politically expedient might be the better option.

Trump returns and pulls out of NATO, then Putin is able to run wild.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Considering Trump can beat Biden in 2024 if Biden is not considered a success, doing whats politically expedient might be the better option.

No guarantee Biden wins if gas prices today are low either. Again, its a bad signal to the rest of the world especially if your claim to fame is being a protector of democracy across the world.

Not banning imports also signals to Putin that you can't live without his resources. There's no power in that.

Last edited:

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what exactly is anybody suppose to do about that?

Chinese jets are probably probing Taiwain airspace as we speak, attacking taiwan is probably the Chinese military's main mission, they are just waiting for orders, its all planned out
planned out where? China's goal with taiwan is to reunify it diplomatically and economically. They don't want to go to war unless Taiwan declares themselves as a separate independent country. I'm not sure where all this china is going to attack taiwan thing is coming from but it's just not the case.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

If inflation/gas prices are an issue Biden is probably losing in 2024 regardless...if he runs. I don't think any president can win with gas prices at record highs.

But to be honest I really don't think him or Trump will run again due to age. Could be wrong but that's my guess. :yeshrug:

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin

While Biden is no guarantee, there is no guarantee even for Trump to win the Primaries. He has been banned from Twitter, which benefited him alot along with tons of Free Media coverage for his antics. However in his latest public appearances, he has tried to seem Presidential; toning down his volume a bit. Not to mention a ton of his handpicked Candidates lost local elections last year.

He still has his followers, but really with Trump not having any social platform, along with now Russian money frozen; he really is going to hard time winning.