Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so why would the US and Germany (I guess that means EU) spend money rebuilding a country that is now a Russian ally (no NATO agreement apparently)?
NATO simply means they remain neutral, not a puppet government. Last time the Russians had their guy in he got overthrown, they're not not doing that again.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Putin really thought he was the shyt in the world and look how fast they turn his ass to King Jong Un. Little midget was feeling himself to much because America and NATO let him eat for like 2 decades.
Exactly. He fails and he's gone. The Oligarchs are only scared he has the trigger. Once he doesn't have he's food.

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
And there's no chance he just backs down and calls it quits?
i watched the two speeches he uploaded (on recognizing DPR/LPR and then on announcing the invasion) with english subs

they are full of these weird historic revisionist and irredentist views on how ukrainians are really just another variety of russian. i also read an essay he wrote last summer arguing that ukrainians and russians are the same people (not gonna link it cause its to the russian governments website but this is the wiki article: On the Historical Unity of Russians and Ukrainians - Wikipedia)

obviously its hard to take too much definitively away from statements dictators make about why they go to war but Putin seems like he is completely consumed by this idea that ukrainians and russians are the same and that ukraine absolutely has to be brought back into the russian sphere of influence. in other words, hes lost it. i think there is almost no chance of him walking this back

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
And there's no chance he just backs down and calls it quits?
I have no idea. If I had to guess, at this point, Putin has to pacify Ukraine the old fashoined way, basically saying fukk Russias image. Maybe he comes away with a neutral Ukraine. Then he'll hope to forge a new pan Asian economic sphere with China and India. China will come out the big winner.

Again, this is all just mildly educated guessing.

Daps
Im going to give them the benefit of the doubt. Most of them just hate western hegemony. They hate it so much, they will cape for anyone against it, even fascist autocrats like Putin.

I think that there is a level of ignorance that persists in our community for obvious reasons, that makes us susceptible to misinformation and false conspiracies.

Bad thing about it is that even when the folks who are pushing the conspiracies stop, such as we see the Republicans who were caping for Russia and have now stopped once they realize that the tide is against them, many of us are too ignorant to stop. We still keep going along with the misinformation oblivious to the fact that the tide is turned, because we don't keep up with current events as a rule of thumb anyway.

I hate how my ppl are always being exploited. We literally reject knowledge and run to misinformation.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
“The only way to stop Putin is to ban oil and gas exports,” Sheffield told the Financial Times in an interview on Friday. "[But] if the western world announced that we’re going to ban Russian oil and gas, oil is going to go to $200 a barrel, probably — $150 to $200 easy.”

:picard: $200 oil

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
“The only way to stop Putin is to ban oil and gas exports,” Sheffield told the Financial Times in an interview on Friday. "[But] if the western world announced that we’re going to ban Russian oil and gas, oil is going to go to $200 a barrel, probably — $150 to $200 easy.”

:picard: $200 oil

The Saudi economy would literally double overnight :wow:

Them shieks going crazy right now :wow: