Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So basically putin is trying to syria ukraine, leave a bunch of rocks and destruction

that seems to be what Putin thought he could live with. figured it better that Ukraine get fractured than let it be a strengthening nation - as to Putin, it's not a real country. let it be a broken region that he can influence and let act as a buffer to Russia. and so Russia likely won't try to actually occupy it

problem for Putin is that he may have gone into this thinking the rest of the world will just :hubie: once Russia leaves Ukrain broken....but the backlash is so severe, shyt's not happening no more...Russia a pariah for now on

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
I'm never really sure whether a lot of posters there are Russian trolls, right-wing agents, or just extremely ignorant black people. :francis:
Im going to give them the benefit of the doubt. Most of them just hate western hegemony. They hate it so much, they will cape for anyone against it, even fascist autocrats like Putin.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
After all these sanctions, I doubt Russia will even control parts of Ukraine it 'liberates'; but then again I don't have the Coli Certs for Foreign Policy, I just see Russia as being crippled by the sanctions. As its not like previous ones, but everyone unloaded a neg train on Russia. Not only that, but you got countries that want to join NATO, or speed up the process, even Kosovo is begging for a US Base.

I think as well, its not just the sanctions, but also people cutting ties with Russia. Also even if Russia joins with China after getting kicked out of SWIFT, I am sure transitioning is going to have its major downsides because if you look at the UK after Brexit, it's still not easy to adjust to something your used to.

It makes me wonder now how US Elections will go in the Midterms/2024, just how much influence did Russia have on us? There will always be dark money, but like, now some prospective/incumbent politicians will have less money to work with and it's not even primetime for those ads.