Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So how does it play out then?

Zelinsky gets killed, Ukraine is occupied, the world is outraged, and some kind of World War starts?

Hopefully that's not it :whoa:
I know it’s fresh and new and we all wanna speculate an outcome.

But to me its looking like Ukraine/Russia will be in shambles for years to come.

If Putin succeeds in overthrowing the gov, then we will have years of Ukrainian “rebels” fighting to take it back.

If Putin fails in that goal, then we will have years of Russia trying to make it a reality.

WW3 ain’t happening. Too many checks and balances in place for that to ever be a reality.

We will watch these people kill each other for a while, then we will move on to another story while they all try to pick up the pieces for generations to come.

Daps
they are a nuclear superpower. and a geopolitical regional power.

the confusion in this conversation seems to be the implications of nukes, which are the greatest geopolitical tool that exists in many ways. In this specific and very important way they are a superpower and you can't just handwave it away

I disagree with nukes as being the most powerful geopolitical tool. Nukes haven't been used since 1945. They are a deterrent. Nothing more. No one even wants to use them because they are assured mutual destruction.

Unless you're telling me that you feel that Pakistan is a superpower. They have nuclear weapons too.

North Korea has nukes. Are they a superpower?

Then someone will probably tell me that the difference between them and russia is that Russia has logistical capabilities with their nuclear weapons.

So once North Korea improves their nuclear logistics, just like that, they're a superpower?

Really?

Daps
Where can I get a neutral view of what's going on?

All of this Ukrainian propaganda is ridiculous.

They are making it seem like they have zero losses.

They are having plenty of losses right now. What are you talking about?

The post literally right above yours is a post where they took some extreme losses.

There is no Ukrainian propaganda in here. :martin:

Daps
Ok cmon this is a bit much. These people are professional, veteran translators for EU and UN, you know how many atrocities they've had to translate for? Don't remember seeing videos of translators choking up when they had to transcribe the US bombing an Iraqi baby milk factory or droning a wedding party or for the myriad of war crimes Israel has committed against the Palestinians or any of the horrors being visited upon people in darker nations. Russia ain't even gone full demon time on Ukraine and we get these propagandistic theatrics from professional international translators? Ukraine is on a Jordan-esque run with the PR game right now, incredible work.

But can you imagine the heartstring pieces that are gonna happen once Putin does go full demon time?

:ohlawd:

Man.... folks from all over the world are gonna travel to Russia to protest Putin.

And that aint just the Ukraine machine at work. That's the US propaganda machine backing them up, and my God, they are doing great work.:whew:

blotter

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I disagree with nukes as being the most powerful geopolitical tool. Nukes haven't been used since 1945. They are a deterrent. Nothing more. No one even wants to use them because they are assured mutual destruction.

Unless you're telling me that you feel that Pakistan is a superpower. They have nuclear weapons too.

North Korea has nukes. Are they a superpower?

Then someone will probably tell me that the difference between them and russia is that Russia has logistical capabilities with their nuclear weapons.

So once North Korea improves their nuclear logistics, just like that, they're a superpower?

Really?
we can't even get lowly little North Korea out of the paint and for every nuke they have Russia has 200+. If you're interested I think you should dig into how nukes changed the world a bit more. Though I'm guessing the topic will come up over time as this drags out. When you can end life on this planet in the time it takes Nap to format his posts you are a superpower with regard to that ability. There's no agree or disagree, it's reality