Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Daps
we can't even get lowly little North Korea out of the paint and for every nuke they have Russia has 200+. If you're interested I think you should dig into how nukes changed the world a bit more. Though I'm guessing the topic will come up over time as this drags out. When you can end life on this planet in the time it takes Nap to format his posts you are a superpower with regard to that ability. There's no agree or disagree, it's reality

What does this mean? Yall make overarching statements like this that sound good but make no sense?

The US is trying to get North Korea out the paint?

How so?

Are we trying to annihilate them? Cause if thats what you think, we're not.

The US has gotten North Korea out the paint in every way that matters. By all accounts their economy is trash, their whole nation is trash, and they have limited abilities on the world stage.

They are persona non grata, so much so that Kim has to fire a missile into the sea every so often to get our attention to remind us that he even exists.

And we were able to push them to the outer fringes of the world order, not by using weapons but by using our influence as a superpower.

I'm not trying to understate the importance of nukes. They're a deterrent which is huge in itself. You can't invade me cause if you try, I can blast you.

But the world has long moved beyond that type of warfare being used as the primary means of influence. The US has its hands in everything across the globe, not through the threat of war, but through the threat of our influence.

We can wreck a nation without firing off one shot.

We're doing it in real time with Russia!

Sure okay, it's NATO, but lemme ask you this. If every other nation in NATO decided they wanted to punish Russia but the US was like "nah", how far do you think that goes?

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What is the off-ramp here for Russia? If you don’t give them a reason or an option to stop the war then Putin will likely escalate. Gonna have another iron curtain situation At this rate

Daps