Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Ok cmon this is a bit much. These people are professional, veteran translators for EU and UN, you know how many atrocities they've had to translate for? Don't remember seeing videos of translators choking up when they had to transcribe the US bombing an Iraqi baby milk factory or droning a wedding party or for the myriad of war crimes Israel has committed against the Palestinians or any of the horrors being visited upon people in darker nations. Russia ain't even gone full demon time on Ukraine and we get these propagandistic theatrics from professional international translators? Ukraine is on a Jordan-esque run with the PR game right now, incredible work.

Well, that's kind of the point? :ld:

One of the objectives during warfare is controlling the narrative :ld:

Daps
That's not back up because we have been sanctioning Russia for a long time. This is where the US and China are different. China wants to unify with Taiwan over sheer economic force which is already happening. There's much more opportunity for taiwanese in the mainland for jobs. The influence is there, it's just not the same as how the US would do it through war. There is no doubt that the US is still the top dog with it's worldwide military bases, Us dollar dominance. The difference is stark in approaches.

The US doesn't only gain influence by going to war. We have influence in Ukraine right now and have never gone to war to get that. Most of the countries that the US has influence in, we have it without firing one shot.

China is an emerging superpower. That's what they are known as but they haven't quite gained that status just yet.

As I said before, they have no influence in the western hemisphere while we have influence up the wazoo right in their backyard.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Well, that's kind of the point? :ld:

One of the objectives during warfare is controlling the narrative :ld:
Oh for sure, can't blame Ukrainian government officials for trying at all, they're engaged in an existential fight for their sovereignty. I truly meant it when I said they're doing incredible work. I'm just completely disgusted by the hypocrisy and barely concealed white supremacy and racism on display by the West's response. These dudes kicking black mothers and babies off trains out of the country and not a peep from Western sources because it nuances the black-white (heh) hero narrative they're selling to us. White tears for white fears. It is what it is.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
So what's going to be the outcome here? It seems like one of these three things is going to have to happen at some point -

1. Ukraine surrenders and/or falls to Russia
2. Putin decides to cut his losses and fall back
3. Someone else decides to get involved

None of those seems especially likely at the moment...but I figure something has to give?