Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

The_Unchosen_One

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis
So what's going to be the outcome here? It seems like one of these three things is going to have to happen at some point -

1. Ukraine surrenders and/or falls to Russia
2. Putin decides to cut his losses and fall back
3. Someone else decides to get involved

None of those seems especially likely at the moment...but I figure something has to give?

1. Ukraine wont surrender.... Zelenksy and the government will be killed

2. Putin is all in, he's losing his money, the economy is fukked... there's no pulling back now

3. Nobody will get involved until the outrage of Russia killing another countries president (Zelensky)

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
So what's going to be the outcome here? It seems like one of these three things is going to have to happen at some point -

None of those seems especially likely at the moment...but I figure something has to give?
Point one will be the outcome. What is Putin going to do with Ukraine when he gets it. This is like a dog chasing it’s tail scenario.:dead:

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

4. nuclear war. Pray to god no.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You fools keep shoving this down are throats in this thread as if you want “nuclear war” to happen. It’s disgusting
No, nobody wants it. I'm not sure about other posters but this is my first post about it but the real possibility of this, as low as it is, is real given putin's words. It is disgusting and inhumane, but I don't think anyone in their right mind would want this.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
1. Ukraine wont surrender.... Zelenksy and the government will be killed

2. Putin is all in, he's losing his money, the economy is fukked... there's no pulling back now

3. Nobody will get involved until the outrage of Russia killing another countries president (Zelensky)

So how does it play out then?

Zelinsky gets killed, Ukraine is occupied, the world is outraged, and some kind of World War starts?

Hopefully that's not it :whoa:

blotter

All Star
Supporter
Daps

ukraine further destabilizes, both sides continue to fight the proxy war and extract the resources they can get to. NATO grows, sells more arms. The reactionaries take hold of the power vacuums and the war cycle further feeds itself with worsening atrocities. Ukraine has to keep digging itself into more toxic debt as the country's infrastructure gets destroyed by said weapons and they sell off their resources in perpetuity

it's in humanity's interest to not have two bordering nuclear superpowers perpetually on the brink, so sit down and give concessions. neither side apparently wants to do that... yet. The wildcard is Putin, because he's working against his stated goals in the most effective way possible.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So how does it play out then?

Zelinsky gets killed, Ukraine is occupied, the world is outraged, and some kind of World War starts?

Hopefully that's not it :whoa:
Russia would still be stymied in guerilla warfare and protests.

They may get it but that may not be able to keep it.