Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
You're proving my point though. During the Soviet Union, Cuba was being backed by another superpower. So when the US wanted Castro removed, they couldn't do it.

Trust and believe that if they really wanted him afterwards, he would have been outta there. Facts are that after the USSR collapsed, the position of US foreign policy under Bush was to keep sanctions on Cuba, BUT they did lay out a path to normalizing relations.

They really wanted him out of there, there are numerous receipts on that. They tried multiple assassinations and a coup.

My point was you claimed that China isn't a superpower because they haven't taken Taiwan. But Taiwan is backed by a superpower. USA never took Cuba for the exact same reason.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
They really wanted him out of there, there are numerous receipts on that. They tried multiple assassinations and a coup.

My point was you claimed that China isn't a superpower because they haven't taken Taiwan. But Taiwan is backed by a superpower. USA never took Cuba for the exact same reason.

Maybe the US isn't a superpower because we haven't annexed anyone lately

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Back on topic.... :dahell:

The hell is this? I thought he was using the long table for foreign dignitaries who refused to allow themselves to be covid tested by Russians... but he's doing it to his own ppl too?

Maybe brehs are right and dude has lost it. :dahell:

"You aren't on my level"

He's trying to project dominance.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Yeah, but I'm not sure every war was in the midst of a popular anti-gun violence movement. Just interesting how quickly they change face these days. In the past there would at least be some time and buildup in the narrative from rabidly anti-gun one day, to praising arming Ukranians to the teeth the next.

There is no popular universal anti-gun or anti-violence movement. True pure nonviolent adherents are a tiny minority and we get shyt on by Repubs and ignored by Dems. Society has always distinguished between individual violence and state violence and state violence has remained acceptable to every major party, fighting wars (especially defensive wars) hasn't been banned by anyone. The # of people who speak of disarming the military is tiny and they sure as hell aren't getting their water carried by the media.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Putin would do it.

The real question to ask is, how long would the massacre stay in people's heads until the next crazy news cycle.

"Putin" can't do shyt. His soldiers would have to do it. And if it was senseless enough they would rebel. Either commanders would fail to carry out his commands or the soldiers on the ground wouldn't do it.

This is how the Filipinos got the dictator Marcos out of the paint. They massed without weapons and dared him to do something. He ordered his troops to fire on the protesters. His own troops couldn't bring themselves to do it and Marcos fled the country. And Filipinos can be ruthless at shyt (just look at the police kill squads they have operating now with summary executions right on the street) so you can't tell me it was some sort of societal weakness. With the right triggers anyone's emotional defenses can be breached, especially when it has to be done in public in front of the world, unless you have an entire army of sociopaths/psychopaths and Russians haven't seen enough violence recently to have reached that point.

th_412

I fux deez hoes
Daps
Reppin
Yo bytch bedroom / PITTSBURGH
I went on the globe thing on Snapchat and checked what was being posted in Moscow and far as i can tell it just seems like they living life as normal, ppl eating mcdonalds, walking/driving around the city, even had some MGK looking russian cac taking a shot of vodka with Migos and Drake Walk it Like I talk it playing in the background :pachaha::pachaha::pachaha::pachaha:

Not a single mention of anything Ukraine related on any snaps i seen tho (good or bad).....I'm guessing them folks know the KGB stay watching and it aint worth it :whoa::whoa::whoa::whoa:

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
China not a superpower? Boy stop. :comeon:

The only thing they lack is the ability to project their military worldwide via the navy and that probably won't take them long to change.
He may have a leg to stand on with Russia. But :mjlol: @ China not being a superpower

Last edited:

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
superpower
noun

su·per·pow·er | \ ˈsü-pər-ˌpau̇(-ə)r \
Definition of superpower

1: excessive or superior power

2a: an extremely powerful nationspecifically : one of a very few dominant states in an era when the world is divided politically into these states and their satellites

b: an international governing body able to enforce its will upon the most powerful states

c: an extremely powerful company, organization, etc.The retailer hoped to become a financial services superpower …— Patricia Sellers

3: a power or ability (such as the ability to become invisible or to fly) of the kind possessed by superheroes : a superhuman powerThe Fantastic Four first appeared in November 1961, originating with four friends who journeyed to space to thwart the Russians from getting there first. They were overwhelmed by a menacing radiation cloud and their molecular structure was altered, giving each of them superpowers.— Laura Mattoon D'AmoreThe superpower I've always wished for is invisibility, and I chose my vocation accordingly. A novelist gets 140,000 words per one tiny author photo. That's a visibility ratio I can live with.— Barbara Kingsolver