Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Daps
So you argument is, to be a superpower you need to be on equal paring with the US?

That's your only takeaway from that?

Not disputed territory. Not being bordered by hostile nations. Not their poor populations. Not their ports or waterways.

Russia's economy smaller than Texas, probably going to be the size of Mississippi when Biden gets done with them but tHeY'rE a sUpErPoWeR, right brehs?

:mjlol::francis:

Only thing yall keep saying is "but they can deploy nukes!" Other developed nations can deploy nukes and you wouldn't dare call them a superpower.

Or maybe YOU would, cause you just insinuated a few min ago that you consider the UK a superpower :deadrose:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Seems Russia has been able to settle and, as expected, will use this time to regroup and resuply. Has there been any new information on Ukranian casualties? Three days ago it was all about how many Ls the Russians were taking, but haven't seen any updates in a while. Which kinda tells you everything you need to know about their current status. But I'm curious if this current situation has meant a lot of dead Ukrehs.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's your only takeaway from that?

Not disputed territory. Not being bordered by hostile nations. Not their poor populations. Not their ports or waterways.

Russia's economy smaller than Texas, probably going to be the size of Mississippi when Biden gets done with them but tHeY'rE a sUpErPoWeR, right brehs?

:mjlol::francis:

Only thing yall keep saying is "but they can deploy nukes!" Other developed nations can deploy nukes and you wouldn't dare call them a superpower.

Or maybe YOU would, cause you just insinuated a few min ago that you consider the UK a superpower :deadrose:

That wasn't my insinuation and now you acting like an ass, so we are going to stop the conversation here breh.

Daps
USA couldn't get Castro out of power in Cuba even after the Soviets fell.

And they absolutely despised Castro through the 60s, 70s, 80s but failed to do shyt in part cause he had Soviet backing. Just like China is wary of Taiwan because they have American backing.

UK had to let China have Hong Kong even though the people of Hong Kong didn't want to leave.

You're proving my point though. During the Soviet Union, Cuba was being backed by another superpower. So when the US wanted Castro removed, they couldn't do it.

Trust and believe that if they really wanted him afterwards, he would have been outta there. Facts are that after the USSR collapsed, the position of US foreign policy under Bush was to keep sanctions on Cuba, BUT they did lay out a path to normalizing relations.

Daps
That wasn't my insinuation and now you acting like an ass, so we are going to stop the conversation here breh.

Just a debate, not acting an ass (at least not on purpose :jbhmm:)

I'm moreso shocked that many intelligent brehs in here seem to be unaware that the US is the world's last superpower.

That's really blowing my mind right now :mjtf:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

Not unprecedented. in the 1940's we had famous baseball players fighting in WW2. it was a "now or never..." situation and that's what they find themselves in. What good is fame and money if your whole fam and where you came is wiped out?

Respect to them..

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
You're proving my point though. During the Soviet Union, Cuba was being backed by another superpower. So when the US wanted Castro removed, they couldn't do it.

Trust and believe that if they really wanted him afterwards, he would have been outta there. Facts are that after the USSR collapsed, the position of US foreign policy under Bush was to keep sanctions on Cuba, BUT they did lay out a path to normalizing relations.

The didn't get Castro out. It was almost two decades after the fall of the Soviet Union that Fidel stepped down, and it was because he was on his fukking death bed breh :dwillhuh: