Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Daps
The didn't get Castro out. It was almost two decades after the fall of the Soviet Union that Fidel stepped down, and it was because he was on his fukking death bed breh :dwillhuh:

I didn't say they got him out. I said they reversed course on wanting him gone. Bush 1 laid out how they could normalize relations, meaning the foreign policy had somewhat changed course after the Soviet Union fell.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
‘The damage is done’: Russians face economic point of no return

As markets opened in a panic on Monday, many Russians rushed to local cashpoints in Moscow to retrieve their savings before the damage got any worse.

“It said they had dollars so I came here immediately,” said Alexei Presnyakov, 32, pointing to an app for Russia’s Tinkoff Bank, indicating he could withdraw hard currency. About 20 people were queued in line. “Yesterday [the rate] was 80 [to the dollar]. Today it’s 100. Or 150.”

“I just made a spontaneous decision today that I would ask [out of work] and go around until I took out all my money,” he said. “Before it was worth zero.”

Within minutes, however, the word traveled down the queue: the dollars were gone.

Nearly half the queue walked off. “Who needs roubles?” one woman said sarcastically as she walked away.

Great read. Russian have been a part of the global economy for years. They have gotten comfortable. To ask them to go back to communist level living is going to be problematic.

Daps

As markets opened in a panic on Monday, many Russians rushed to local cashpoints in Moscow to retrieve their savings before the damage got any worse.

“It said they had dollars so I came here immediately,” said Alexei Presnyakov, 32, pointing to an app for Russia’s Tinkoff Bank, indicating he could withdraw hard currency. About 20 people were queued in line. “Yesterday [the rate] was 80 [to the dollar]. Today it’s 100. Or 150.”

“I just made a spontaneous decision today that I would ask [out of work] and go around until I took out all my money,” he said. “Before it was worth zero.”

Within minutes, however, the word traveled down the queue: the dollars were gone.

Nearly half the queue walked off. “Who needs roubles?” one woman said sarcastically as she walked away.

The US rugpulled Russia's economy :russ:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Back on topic.... :dahell:

The hell is this? I thought he was using the long table for foreign dignitaries who refused to allow themselves to be covid tested by Russians... but he's doing it to his own ppl too?

Maybe brehs are right and dude has lost it. :dahell:

Nah russias vaccine sucks, and putin refuses to use the one from out west

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734

Great read. Russian have been a part of the global economy for years. They have gotten comfortable. To ask them to go back to communist level living is going to be problematic.
The entire world "cancelled" Russia :wow:

Superstar
Daps

The hell is this? I thought he was using the long table for foreign dignitaries who refused to allow themselves to be covid tested by Russians... but he's doing it to his own ppl too?

Lol making everybody hold his pockets. Advisors walk in and try to sit he like “nah lil nikka, you sit way down over there…”

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin

Probably he feels like one of them could sneak in a gun or suicide vest; like Hitler in the Wolf Den shyt.