Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Brehcepticon

Adeptus Brehstartes
Supporter
Daps
This is why you shoulda learned to hunt. I'm gonna go to my dad's property and be just fine. :ufdup:
AcFrl5x.png

bnew

Veteran
Daps
If NATO putting boots on the ground is war. How is NATO killing Russia’s economy, supplying weapons, jets, intel and rations any different?

thats tricky, but countries aren't obligated to do business with with another country. it negatively impacted those countries too because the commerce arrangement was mutually beneficial but all parties could suspend participation if they want to.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
A lot of people seem to agree that the Russians forces are unmotivated so far as well as a large part of the force is going unused. I've yet to see anyone make a correlation between those two topics and what that means for the future of this invasion.
Putin could just call this off and be done with it. It’s really not worth it. No one wants to do this.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
All you brehs who keep saying russia and China are superpowers need to read this. It pretty much encapsulates the reasoning behind why the US is known as the world's last superpower.

:ufdup:

It lays out the reasons why Russia and China have yet to achieve that status. Im putting it in spoilers so as to not clutter the thread
By those criteria, yes the US would be the sole superpower. I guess I give more weight to economic power and the fact that China has become large enough to influence economics and politics on a global scale now. Not to the level of the US, but above the rest. :yeshrug:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And it's 100% obvious that's what he needs to do for the sake of his country too. Everything from here on out is pure pride. Even if he wins the war he's still lost.

That's not good scenario when you are dealing with a sadist.

Daps
By those criteria, yes the US would be the sole superpower. I guess I give more weight to economic power and the fact that China has become large enough to influence economics and politics on a global scale now. Not to the level of the US, but above the rest. :yeshrug:

They're projected to become a superpower but they're still at least a decade away.

At least.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Yeah, but I'm not sure every war was in the midst of a popular anti-gun violence movement. Just interesting how quickly they change face these days. In the past there would at least be some time and buildup in the narrative from rabidly anti-gun one day, to praising arming Ukranians to the teeth the next.

Ukraine isn't the aggressor and is being invaded by Russia... I don't think it's a complicated narrative for Americans to get behind

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's a very good breakdown (from me who knows nothing). Russia has done poorly but Ukraine's military resistance isn't sustainable, and shyt is about to get a lot worse.

At some point a nonviolent strategy by Ukraine would very likely be a best-case scenario for both the people and the government. Putin is looking hardened and as if he wants to win at all costs. The final results of war would be absolutely catastrophic for the Ukrainian people.

But what if Ukraine, at the point when they still hold the capital and main cities but Russian advance appears inevitable, calls a unilateral ceasefire? Not a surrender. Refuse to hand over the country, refuse to give up the leaders, refuse to supply the Russian soldiers, but don't fire any more shots. Continue filling the airwaves with messages about how horrible the Russians are and what a horrible thing they're doing to the country, and demand sanction continue until Russia leaves. What is Russia going to do, just keep bombing people who aren't even resisting? Are Russian soldiers going to shoot their Ukrainian brothers unarmed? Are they going to break into their homes and steal their food? Sure, the country will be occupied, but right now the #1 thing doing damage to the Russians are the global sanctions. How long will the nation accept a crippled economy AND having to supply a huge occupation with zero benefit for themselves? Ukraine can watch the country whither without having to watch their own infrastructure and lives destroyed.

It would be the most powerful possible image to the planet. Every day that Russia did anything to the defenseless Ukrainians, it would cement global resolve to not let Russia get away with it. Every day it would make Putin look worse in the eyes of his own people.

It's not a strategy without risk and loss - yes, some people will be killed and some shyt will be taken. But far far less than would be lost in war, while also completely controlling the narrative and giving them the absolute best chance to turn the Russian people against their tyrant.
Putin would do it.

The real question to ask is, how long would the massacre stay in people's heads until the next crazy news cycle.