Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

scarhead

All Star
Daps
Forget Taiwan, its Japan that China would love to settle scores with. I wonder how SK would feel given their own experiences with a militarized Japan. That’s probably one of the few things other East Asian states agree with China on.

Not to say they’d do that again today, but then again no one thought they’d do what they did when they first became a military power in the early 20th century. Still, it’s possible things ramp up for Japan given they’d also be a deterrent to Russia. :ehh:

South Koreans Now Dislike China More Than They Dislike Japan

SK hates China. There’s a saying in Korea that goes roughly like this - Japan has been the enemy for 100s of years, China for 1000s of years.

American POV needs to be dropped when talking about other countries’ thousand years long beefs. Respectfully.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I don't think this is that true because Orban and Erdogan are authoritarian strongmen yet they're part of this US-European coalition. The US consistently allies with dictators, strongmen and authoritarians as long as they fit into America's the broader global hegemonic position. That's the only rule. Saudis sure as hell ain't a democratic republic yet America is bending over backwards to help them perpetuate genocide in Yemen, to say nothing of America's history propping up dictators in Latin/South America and Africa.

This point is just not grasped upon enough by enough people. I personally watched it happen to my parent’s country and the protests of everyday people was drowned out by trash media coverage that was clearly slanted by West driven agendas all because the bad actors have been in bed with America/West for years. No worries about the actual people wanting change, what America wants matters more. Who America is friends with counts more than people fighting for a free and fair society.

You had Obama calling a dictatorship a democracy when he visited, various establishment Dems were cuttin favors and looking the other way on rampant corruption and killing in the country. They even unilaterally started a war with a neighbor and it was the neighbor that was sanctioned because they have bad relations with America. Like, picture Ukraine in reverse basically give or take a few differences and you get the conflict in Ethiopia. If you’re with the program you’ll be thoroughly defended by America so long as certain terms are met. Bottom line.

Yeah fukk that, just because America isn’t wrong in this instance doesn’t mean we get to blind ourselves to the other shyt. Especially when it comes to Black and Brown nations.

Before the slow posters respond with more slow shyt, just know that I’ve been much closer to how Ukrainians in the diaspora are feeling right now within the past year (and it really hasn’t gone away) than any of y’all have ever been. Comfortable as shyt watching it all unfold like it’s a movie a lot of y’all never felt that fear of losing loved ones tho. Y’all fam didn’t flee their home because a Soviet or American or Frenchman or Brit cut down a worthy leader and put in someone for their own gains. When you’re freaking out because there’s a chance your family might be killed and YOUR government is egging the shyt on then talk to me outside of that go fukk yourself.

Last edited:

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team

3UDe.gif

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
South Koreans Now Dislike China More Than They Dislike Japan

SK hates China. There’s a saying in Korea that goes roughly like this - Japan has been the enemy for 100s of years, China for 1000s of years.

American POV needs to be dropped when talking about other countries’ thousand years long beefs. Respectfully.

No disrespect taken. If you’ve got worthy information for me to learn by then I’ll take it that’s the best thing you could do breh. Respect. Appreciate the insight, we definitely need to view these things from more than just an American POV. :tu:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Blonde hair blue eyes. It's crazy to me when you have an enemy how these countries can instantly rally around their white brejen but when the world got hit with covid it turned into every man for himself and hoarding vaccines.

Whole Eurasian land mass should’ve gotten the Bugs Bunny/Florida treatment after the Mongols….:skip: