Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Forget Taiwan, its Japan that China would love to settle scores with. I wonder how SK would feel given their own experiences with a militarized Japan. That’s probably one of the few things other East Asian states agree with China on.

Not to say they’d do that again today, but then again no one thought they’d do what they did when they first became a military power in the early 20th century. Still, it’s possible things ramp up for Japan given they’d also be a deterrent to Russia. :ehh:

Of course, China is still pissed about Japan, and we all know Japan was on another level, but Tawain is the first choice due to the location and it being former people of China who broke off from the Communist regime. Let's not even discuss the financial implications of a China ruled Tawain.

North Korea is a pawn in the America backed South Korea influence. This is why North Korea is allowed next to China with Nukes.

The_Unchosen_One

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis
And that's the scary situation. If a nuke is launched. Do you respond proportionally?

Or do you send everything?
that's the nuclear winter question... do you trigger everything by responding?

Russia has the dead hand switch that will launch all the nukes even if nobody is there...

KillbertArenas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PG - Maryland
I have a theory that is off the wall but this invasion might have been planned for the end of Trumps term but then COVID happened….

Everything we are seeing now makes more sense in 2019 than it does in 2022. Also in 2019 I think Russia pulls it off.

Stop making excuses for terrible war strategy and execution by Putin.

If anything Putin expected Trump to get another 4 years to further push Russian Propaganda on the GOP base.

This invasion is 4 years early. He rushed it Trump is losing his influence so he needed to act fast. He needed American's to excuse this invasion and support him. Trump having 8 years pushing Russian brainwashing was his plan.

Also, Covid restrictions are being lifted and the race issues are pretty quiet. The country is normalizing. Putin was losing his grip. He needed to act fast.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Of course, China is still pissed about Japan, and we all know Japan was on another level, but Tawain is the first choice due to the location and it being former people of China who broke off from the Communist regime. Let's not even discuss the financial implications of a China ruled Tawain.

North Korea is a pawn in the America backed South Korea influence. This is why North Korea is allowed next to China with Nukes.

Of course, it’s just that Taiwan is more about retaking lost territory and having access to those chips. A resurgent Japan would be potentially perceived a direct threat to regional hegemony for China.

It’s a risk too because how long could you trust Japan to not go batshyt crazy? After all, people thought this Cold War shyt ended and here we are with a potentially hotter conflict between East and West than there ever was when the USSR was around. All you could hope for is that 70+ years was long enough to minimize the extremist elements to a very tiny minority.

Daps
I just want post-Putin Russia to have leadership that realizes that their only two real options are pursuing power as an active member of Europe or being China's rump state. Tired of Putin pursuing this dumbass dream of the U.S.S.R. being a major post-Cold War power again. GTFO. Just as ridiculous as the UK pursuing Brexit because they think they can be a major empire on their own again.

I'm sort of overwhelmed by this moment in history. I just want to get through this issue with as little death and destruction as possible before we fire up a thread on how this changes the face of Europe going forward.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Of course, it’s just that Taiwan is more about retaking lost territory and having access to those chips. A resurgent Japan would be potentially perceived a direct threat to regional hegemony for China.

It’s a risk too because how long could you trust Japan to not go batshyt crazy? After all, people thought this Cold War shyt ended and here we are with a potentially hotter conflict between East and West than there ever was when the USSR was around. All you could hope for is that 70+ years was long enough to minimize the extremist elements to a very tiny minority.

That is what scares me as well. The risk is worth it with China rise to be honest. China is all about expansion and that's their model since the beginning kingdoms.

I don't think Japan will go back to the barbaric ways of its past they were an imperialist country comparable to Russia/Germany back then. I also think the citizens of that country will not let it go that far.