Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Probably not the thread for this, but you would expect this, nah? It's 75 years since the end of WW2, when all of Europe, China, and Japan lay in ruins or was severely damaged by Axis Power incursions. U.S. hegemony stretching as far as it did was simply because it was the biggest economy still standing at the end. That can't last forever.
Word I was reading Britain was on rations going into the 50s due to WW2...WW2 was the ending of the British Empire perhaps...sure seems like it.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Yes America been encouraging them to do so due to China advancement in that area.

Forget Taiwan, its Japan that China would love to settle scores with. I wonder how SK would feel given their own experiences with a militarized Japan. That’s probably one of the few things other East Asian states agree with China on.

Not to say they’d do that again today, but then again no one thought they’d do what they did when they first became a military power in the early 20th century. Still, it’s possible things ramp up for Japan given they’d also be a deterrent to Russia. :ehh:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I mean we had a lot of unforced errors. Specifically Afghanistan and Iraq empowered the petrodollar and led to more influence for countries like Russia, the housing market collapse gave A lot of countries a chance to catch up. Plus Trump showing how we were unreliable global overseers. America leaving the TPP was a big plus for China too…. Don’t even get me started on how far behind America is on green energy and health tech due to the avoidance off facing the realities of global warming and stem cell tech.

America did it to themselves, and a lot of it can be traced to Bush 2. With that said Putin another president from that era that is doing his impression of Bush 2 right now. The damage he has done is going to be felt by Russia long after he is dead, and the funny part is none of this serves a purpose. Crimea was the best part of Ukraine economically and he already had it. That’s the funny part, he got what he needed and his reputation was unscathed in 2014. He even got Trump elected in 2016. This unforced error international L was him ego tripping. He was already seen as a scary entity internationally.
Moscow. Starting to wonder if the January 6 overthrow attempt had something to do with this war right now.

Putin sees America has weak and divided..BIden getting hampered by 2 senators and can't shyt passed. I' wonder if Putin was on some shyt feeling himself..and probably felt this was the best time to strike.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I have a theory that is off the wall but this invasion might have been planned for the end of Trumps term but then COVID happened….

Everything we are seeing now makes more sense in 2019 than it does in 2022. Also in 2019 I think Russia pulls it off.

Its possible, but when in 2019? Would’ve made sense to do it earlier in the year rather than later and risk a protracted conflict and your lame duck president is replaced with a new president not favorable to your agenda.

I do agree however, that Putin would’ve gotten away with it. In fact, it makes this whole episode even stupider. Maybe he was planning on waiting until Trump got back into office but he got news his health might fail him before that happens. Makes no sense to do this without the cover of a Trump presidency.

Daps
I have a theory that is off the wall but this invasion might have been planned for the end of Trumps term but then COVID happened….

Everything we are seeing now makes more sense in 2019 than it does in 2022. Also in 2019 I think Russia pulls it off.

I don't think it's that off-the-wall, mostly because the only reason we're getting a unified response from the U.S., UK, and EU member states is because Trump's not here to muddy the waters.

It wouldn't make sense to wait except for the fact that COVID happened and Russia coped exceptionally poorly with it.