Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
What's the alternative? Give the belligerent a slap on the wrist and tell him that was OK?

Nah. He was warned repeatedly to stop and he didn't. He was given the consequences of his actions ahead of time and still made the decision to invade. Can't be mad at a punishment you knew was coming.

The Russian public isn't aggrieved like the Germans were post-WWI. Their pride isn't on the line here. Just Putin's.

I agree that going all in on sanctions and making it hurt as much as possible (without also hurting NATO allies, like Germany, with their energy supplies) is the right move. They can't do anything less that what they've been doing.

BUT, they also have to realize they can't leave Russia in shambles once this conflict is done (and Putin is most likely gone). What happens after is really fukking important too. The last thing the world needs is Russia going to shyt because of 1 man that lost his mind and let them rot for years. That kind of shyt festers national resentment and violent identity and that's a weapon dangerous (white) man can use to fukk everything up.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I mean, state controls all of tv and a lot of internet in russia
if putin somehow manages to blame russia being fukked by sanctions as the wests fault -and not his own fault- he can have the russians on his side. he could spew some shyt about nazis and west collaborating with them and people could eat it up.

I hope not. but its a possibility. many people in russia are already anti-west
If Putin were in a democracy strangely enough I could see that path a lot easier.

The thing about dictators is people know they are living in a dictatorship and he doesn’t care what they think. Iranians don’t vote cause they know their only choices are handpicked by their leaders. Not because they are fed propaganda. They protest, they are beaten and jailed.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
I just can't believe ppl miss this lunatic

Some of the Trumpers have moved away, as Trump trying to tween his way back. He will criticize Biden on Vaccine Mandates, but tell his crowd that he took them. He will say Putin is smart, but say this decision was bad. It just makes it hard to believe that Trump is trying to run, since he was Populism all the way, and now he is trying to sound like a politician.

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whine about western imperialism in a thread about Russian imperialism, Russian Crehs.

Look forward to you propping up Trump in the near future

negged
Compare Russian invading it's European neighbor with centuries of western expansion and colonialism around the world you token bootlicking coward.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

this a bad look
full

taliban was doing better with modified toyota trucks.
zqnxiIX.png

Last edited:

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
I think they are referring to the fact Hitler galvanized the anger about being stuck with the blame of WW1 to rally a large amount of his country to the atrocities he was about to commit.

Which isn’t at all what Putin has done. He’s kept everyone in the dark about what his plan is.
That did not happen overnight. After he took power he violated the terms of treaty openly many times nothing was done. When he started to annex countries, nothing was done since they hoped that would be it and nothing else would happen. Instead of military action (Germany was considerably weaker than the Allies before close to the start of the war) or even significant sanctions, they chose appeasement. You do not allow dictators to continue pushing the line or else they will get more and more flagrant with their actions.

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot

this a bad look
full

Lol you are just eating up Ukrainian propaganda. Of course the Russians are using its weaker outdated equipments/vehicles are on its first wave of attack not even their big toys yet and look how far they made it into kyiv still :heh:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I mean, state controls all of tv and a lot of internet in russia
if putin somehow manages to blame russia being fukked by sanctions as the wests fault -and not his own fault- he can have the russians on his side. he could spew some shyt about nazis and west collaborating with them and people could eat it up.

I hope not. but its a possibility. many people in russia are already anti-west

The fact thousands were on the street DAY 1 protesting this war (knowing they'd be beat and put in prison) and that the first wave of troops were :ld: about assaulting ukrainians says pretty clearly a good number of russian might believe their propaganda, but they don't believe in this war.

Putin will put the blame on the west, he can destroy Ukraine and say "the west did this" like he's Roman Reigns heel character. But when troops die over a war they don't believe in and the country's economy goes to absolute shyt over the same conflict, I don't think there's any propaganda nor state control that can deal with that level of civil unrest.

Revolutions happen over the most simple shyt. Your pockets hurting and your children/relatives dying is not something that can be justified with "fear of the other" in this particular case. It might be in 5-10 years if the world lets Russia rot in isolation though, that I agree could be a very dangerous consequence of this war.