Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps

According to who? The US intel community? :heh:

I'm sorry, no. No. Absolutely not.

You don't get 60 years straight of massive intel fukkups erased because you get one layup correct. Russia amassed 150K troops on their Ukrainian border, didn't take an intel genius to crack the case that they were planning on invading. :mjlol:

The only people who were convinced they wouldn't invade are reflexively anti-American rose twitter lefties. US intel community still on the shytlist.

Daps
Let's not forget this is clear proof of how much Russia infiltrated US politics, (Trump, Tulsi, those GOP senators who went on trips to Moscow)

MEDIA - Glenwald, Assange, Tucker, Fox News on a whole.

Just flip back to the Mueller investigation. Manafort, Roger Stone, Bannon. The demands that were made
... OVER The Ukraine.

This timeline goes back a bit and it is all connected.

it is such a relief that there is a fully unified, consistent, and logical, response from the west to this disaster, and it is obviously spearheaded by the US. It would not have been this way if the previous occupant of the White House were to have been in charge.

The US cops a lot of rightful flak in regards to its more troublesome acts of history, and it’s oft-imperialist actions, but these last few days have shown how important the US is to the world, and people should be reminded of this when approaching the ballot box.

In times of trouble, the US is the beacon whose light has helped the rest of us see.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
bruh...Putin gonna have to pay for this moment :francis:

full

they might give him that julius caeser goodbye.:yeshrug:

Last edited:

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
this shyt is great but punishing Russia too hard is giving me flashbacks to how Hitler came to power after WW1...
:leostare:
The whole reason that Hitler came to power and did what he did was because people did not take him seriously. Every chance that the Allies had to institute punitive measures in a response to his actions, they either did nothing or it was extremely minor. What is happening now is not the same.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
it is such a relief that there is a fully unified, consistent, and logical, response from the west to this disaster, and it is obviously spearheaded by the US. It would not have been this way if the previous occupant of the White House were to have been in charge.

The US cops a lot of rightful flak in regards to its more troublesome acts of history, and it’s oft-imperialist actions, but these last few days have shown how important the US is to the world, and people should be reminded of this when approaching the ballot box.

In times of trouble, the US is the beacon whose light has helped the rest of us see.
Yeah, I have loads of issues with US foreign policy, but they got it right in this instance.

Well played by Biden.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
This restores their reputation after Iraq. It is what it is.

The whole reason the majority of the world is currently united against Putin is because of the US intelligence community. If they didn't do such great work, this war plays out much differently.
The degree of the intel failure that led to the Iraq War dwarfs whatever intel cred the US intel community gained from the easiest intel decision in recent history.

And the majority of the world is currently united against Putin? The governments representing the two most populous countries on the planet are neutral on this. We have to stop equating the entire world with White western nations. Hell, even the Europeans were split early on because they had their economic asses on the line.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The degree of the intel failure that led to the Iraq War dwarfs whatever intel cred the US intel community gained from the easiest intel decision in recent history.

And the majority of the world is currently united against Putin? The governments representing the two most populous countries on the planet are neutral on this. We have to stop equating the entire world with White western nations. Hell, even the Europeans were split early on because they had their economic asses on the line.

We have been through all of that breh.

Everything you said has been discussed. The choices the EU are making are painful but necessary. So not sure what the point is here. You just being contrary for the sake of being contrary today?

Of course the US doesn't wipe away the Iraq intelligence disaster. No one is fluffing and pretending that's the case beside Nap.

They got it right in this instance, however. Good for them.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I guess the bottom line, this might be a part of putins plan. covid was conveniently a great test if he can control the population with QR codes. putin can now justify either a bigger war or "me against the world" rhetoric with the people and convince everyone to think the world views russians as shyt even tho theyre doing the "right" thing.
Putin can't really justify anything. He put his country and people in a financially perilous state and made Russia a global pariah outside of China and India. I don't think that was his plan. At all.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
So at $20b a day, $190b accessible = 9.5 days of funding for this invasion

they have other expenses and in theory that money should be propping up the Ruble/banks/industry not offsetting this war

That's my understanding, I could be wrong

:manny:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Putin can't really justify anything. He put his country and people in a financially perilous state and made Russia a global pariah outside of China and India. I don't think that was his plan. At all.
you have to put yourself in shoes of people who eat up the propaganda in russia.

putin knew this war will make russia a pariah. you cant tell me he didnt realize this. he might be senile but he aint stupid.

he now could claim if anyone supports ukraine theyre supporting fascism