Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
There’s a reason you don’t hear of dictators having happy endings. To maintain rule you have to stamp out even a bit of obstruction(at least that’s how they operate).

They don’t have fair elections cause they don’t care what people think.

Putin doesn’t want a free moving Ukraine cause stuff he cares about they might not go his way. Which is the worst thing you can do to a dictator.

I mean think about it. How many people were actually going to read that Khashoggi(sp?) dude’s article in Saudi Arabia? He just didn’t like that dude.

Good point, there’s definitely a chance that even guaranteed neutrality would’ve still fell short. After all, this all became an issue the moment the Russian leaning Yakunovich was taken out in 2014 which to your point was a moment of things not going right for a dictator.

The more I think about it, I think the failed transition from Soviet Russia to the current iteration is a bigger factor than even the NATO expansion. Perhaps a Russia that practiced good governance and democratic norms would’ve not only made NATO expansion a non-factor, but it might’ve also brought Russia into the alliance itself.

Another side thought, any countries that have nukes or a program to develop them will be much more reluctant to give it up. Ukraine gave theirs up on the promise that Russia and the West would both safeguard them and now Russia attacking them.

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Y'all I really think Putin might be on his last legs in Russia. I don't think the oligarchs expected this much of a backlash not knowing Joe Biden is from the old-school of America warhawk generation. Either Putin step down or he will be forced out. Russia will have a long road to recover relationships etc..

When I saw Hungary was getting in on this, I was like :whoo:.

I really think Putin miscalculated the West pulling his card, and the West might be smelling blood in the water w/ his entire regime. This is a dangerous moment but also a unique opportunity. It's almost like Putin walked into a trap.