Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hear you but the US has been independently verifying most of the info that Ukraine has released. And in a couple of cases where Ukrainian officials got something wrong, they came back out and issued a retraction. A Russian News station even confirmed the number of dead Russian soldiers, and their numbers lined up with the numbers that Ukraine had released hours later.

Here is one prominent example of what I’m talking about, this is a Facebook post from the Ukrainian Border Guard service today stating that upon new info they now believe Snake Island defenders are alive:

this is after Russia released footage they said showed Ukrainian soldiers on the island who surrendered to Russian Navy:

In contemporary wars, social media is an extension of the battlefield and all sides have an incentive to exaggerate their advances and to boost morale through stories like the Snake Island one.

My rule of thumb is to read as many sources as possible and to attempt to seek image or video verification, if possible, for major battlefield claims.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
lmfao you're completely choosing to ignore the self determination of the states involved and solely focusing on Russia's wants.

But I just told you states have a right to choose their own path, professor. How’d you miss my basic bullet points I did em just for you…:ld:

It’s good to take the other side’s grievances into account to get a full picture. I know I sound like a broken record but I want to know the motivations of all sides and consider what middle ground could’ve been reached. That’s all. Just cuz I bring up the opposite viewpoint doesn’t mean I agree with it. But I’m not going to waste anymore time replying to you on this I’ll just let you assume shyt we don’t know one another from piss on the ground so who cares. Besides, I’ve seen enough of your posting on hlnbc to know we should just agree to disagree. :ehh: