Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Daps
The first option will be painful for some EU countries but I think they’ll end up doing this so long as they’ve got a way to mitigate the potential damage done to their own economies.

Gulf Countries are poppin bottles at their boost in geopolitical importance overnight so I think they’ll be cool but them prices are going WAY up over it. Either that, or Biden is gonna have to have American production kick back into high gear which may affect his voter base in ‘24. Seizing assets I think is also doable. Cyberattacks is where it might actually trigger a dangerous response.

But you’re reply does highlight that they’re are options on the table that don’t involve direct military confrontation. Like having Anon declare cyberwar was smart, some Anon hackers definitely work with the govt but you can’t tell so it comes off as private citizens grey hats doing their own thing instead of nation state employed white hats working under direct military orders.

That tweet from Jordan yesterday had me :deadmanny:

Them middle east oil boys are :mjgrin: right now

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
If Russia really wants to fukk with Washington, they should wipe out all the student loan debt.

If Russian oligarchs and hackers wiped out the student loan debt I’d be convinced that geopolitics has become a troll contest…:laff:

I wouldn’t be mad at all tho. America would need to hit an equally trollish response like introducing some secret tech that makes oil and gas completely obsolete and turns Moscow’s economy to shyt as a result. :skip:

That tweet from Jordan yesterday had me :deadmanny:

Them middle east oil boys are :mjgrin: right now

arabic-arab.gif

Them fools is crushing grilled camel knees with their harems gettin hype as we speak :russ:

Daps

No blue checkmarks are reporting this (yet) but folks on the ground are saying a nuclear warhead is on the move. :francis:

Can brehs with more knowledge of transportation of nukes tell me if this could possibly be real footage?

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
He's not gonna stop, breh. Ukraine will be fighting guerilla style for many months and Russia will still be there.

As long as Zelensky stands tall, that is. The people are following his lead, it seems. If he gets killed, he's a martyr and the war will continue.
That's not happening lol. Ukraine is gone as you know it. Maybe Ukraine can hold the west half of country with backhanded NATO support

Thanks for the Knowledge. :salute:

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The first option will be painful for some EU countries but I think they’ll end up doing this so long as they’ve got a way to mitigate the potential damage done to their own economies.

Gulf Countries are poppin bottles at their boost in geopolitical importance overnight so I think they’ll be cool but them prices are going WAY up over it. Either that, or Biden is gonna have to have American production kick back into high gear which may affect his voter base in ‘24. Seizing assets I think is also doable. Cyberattacks is where it might actually trigger a dangerous response.

But you’re reply does highlight that they’re are options on the table that don’t involve direct military confrontation. Like having Anon declare cyberwar was smart, some Anon hackers definitely work with the govt but you can’t tell so it comes off as private citizens grey hats doing their own thing instead of nation state employed white hats working under direct military orders.

What this war will underscore is energy and oil and gas in particular are still king. The renewable dawn isnt here yet.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
SWIFT Ban.

Twist OPEC's arm. If there is no sustainable energy breakthrough start offshore drilling.

Cyberattack them to hell.

Start actively seizing properties, teams, boats owned by Russian Oligarchs.

Europe should just revert to nuclear energy until they can come up with a new solutions

:manny:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Gotta say, I’m not exactly surprised that they putting up a fight. Ukraine was under a pro Russian govt for years and anyone that remembers how insane Kiev Beyond Thunderdome was in 2014 knows they serious as fukk about their sovereignty.

From the look of how it all started, Ukrainians just wanted to have a govt for them. It just so happens that looking more to the West was a part of it and given how Yakunovich was overthrown it was too much for Putin to not do crazy things.

What this war will underscore is energy and oil and gas in particular are still king. The renewable dawn isnt here yet.

Indeed, even for someone like me that’s very much in favor of getting off fossil fuels it definitely underscores that. Dependence on oil commodities slowed the R&D of renewable tech that would’ve got us off FF’s quicker.

In a way, I would hope that this forces some leaders to look in the mirror because they’re at least someone complicit in letting oil have too much sway to our detriment. A slow death of the environment doesn’t drive home the point as much as an oil rich Russia using these advantages to violently advance goals.