Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
To the brehs advocating a response, what type of NATO response would be proportional without threatening nuclear war?

It would seem that it’s getting dangerously close to this type of scenario with the cyberattack shyt. I can see why they trying to hold back its not out of fear imo but rather to try to prevent the worst case scenario. I think at the very least they’d want Ukraine to hold out while they get themselves together for a potential military response should that be the goal. But I’m really hoping this just plays out like a bigger version of the conflict with Georgia. I can’t see how NATO could respond any stronger without attacking at this point. Either Putin gotta make this quick or the chances of an expanded conflict becomes more real.

At this point, the questions are will Ukraine conduct an insurgency campaign and how long will it last, will Belarusian involvement further challenge Lukasheko’s mandate with his own Zelenskyy challenging his legitimacy from abroad, and what is Putin’s plan on Estonia/Latvia if Ukraine isn’t the endgame. For NATO, this has certainly boosted things for them in terms of potentially bringing Finland/Sweden into the fold which would bring Putin right back to where he started and make this whole campaign almost completely pointless.

SWIFT Ban.

Twist OPEC's arm. If there is no sustainable energy breakthrough start offshore drilling.

Cyberattack them to hell.

Start actively seizing properties, teams, boats owned by Russian Oligarchs.

Eye Cue DA COLI GAWD

<--- Cleveland Browns winning that many, boi!
Daps
To the brehs advocating a response, what type of NATO response would be proportional without threatening nuclear war?

It would seem that it’s getting dangerously close to this type of scenario with the cyberattack shyt. I can see why they trying to hold back its not out of fear imo but rather to try to prevent the worst case scenario. I think at the very least they’d want Ukraine to hold out while they get themselves together for a potential military response should that be the goal. But I’m really hoping this just plays out like a bigger version of the conflict with Georgia. I can’t see how NATO could respond any stronger without attacking at this point. Either Putin gotta make this quick or the chances of an expanded conflict becomes more real.

At this point, the questions are will Ukraine conduct an insurgency campaign and how long will it last, will Belarusian involvement further challenge Lukasheko’s mandate with his own Zelenskyy challenging his legitimacy from abroad, and what is Putin’s plan on Estonia/Latvia if Ukraine isn’t the endgame. For NATO, this has certainly boosted things for them in terms of potentially bringing Finland/Sweden into the fold which would bring Putin right back to where he started and make this whole campaign almost completely pointless.
I'm not saying go to war, but Putin must be dealt with at this point, even if means going to war. He is an enemy of the world right now.

Sitting back and making tweets about Article 5 bylaws is not what's up tho.

Daps

Agree with the bolded. Agree with most of it but especially the bolded.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
So it's Day 3 into the this war. How long does Ukraine have to hold on to the Country to really make Putin consider retreating back? 2 Weeks, a Month?

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
SWIFT Ban.

Twist OPEC's arm. If there is no sustainable energy breakthrough start offshore drilling.

Cyberattack them to hell.

Start actively seizing properties, teams, boats owned by Russian Oligarchs.

The first option will be painful for some EU countries but I think they’ll end up doing this so long as they’ve got a way to mitigate the potential damage done to their own economies.

Gulf Countries are poppin bottles at their boost in geopolitical importance overnight so I think they’ll be cool but them prices are going WAY up over it. Either that, or Biden is gonna have to have American production kick back into high gear which may affect his voter base in ‘24. Seizing assets I think is also doable. Cyberattacks is where it might actually trigger a dangerous response.

But you’re reply does highlight that they’re are options on the table that don’t involve direct military confrontation. Like having Anon declare cyberwar was smart, some Anon hackers definitely work with the govt but you can’t tell so it comes off as private citizens grey hats doing their own thing instead of nation state employed white hats working under direct military orders.

Daps
So it's Day 3 into the this war. How long does Ukraine have to hold on to the Country to really make Putin consider retreating back? 2 Weeks, a Month?

He's not gonna stop, breh. Ukraine will be fighting guerilla style for many months and Russia will still be there.

As long as Zelensky stands tall, that is. The people are following his lead, it seems. If he gets killed, he's a martyr and the war will continue.

Eye Cue DA COLI GAWD

<--- Cleveland Browns winning that many, boi!
Daps
That's not happening lol. Ukraine is gone as you know it. Maybe Ukraine can hold the west half of country with backhanded NATO support