Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Question: Lets say this coup is 100% successful and Putin is removed…

Have we considered that the person or group that is able to remove Putin, may be worse than Putin, more ruthless? :merchant:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
All of that perfectly reflects the thoughts I already had on the subject. Not to mention that Wagner seems as or more enthusiastic about spreading their violence to Africa and other countries as Putin is.
I seem to remember them wanting even more drastic mesures on ukraine taken. That in itself is very worrying

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Have we considered that the person or group that is able to remove Putin, may be worse than Putin, more ruthless? :merchant:
The thought of Pringles and his Wagner PMC being in command of Russia is bad news. These are aren't good guys. They will likely escalate the war in Ukraine to levels previously unseen.

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
Dictators yeah. But this isn’t dictator. Wagner dude hasn’t expressed any desire to lead a politically strong Russia. He’s just a hired gun.

It does matter. Coups don’t succeed if the military doesn’t back it. Citizens make up the military. if he accidentally undermines belief in Russian power by showing up Putin, all those Allies are going to abandon him.Wagner ain’t winning the war alone. Russia ain’t winning the war alone.

Russia is only still a fight because of Putin. The lack of weapons and supplies is only being addressed because Putin is playing the political game of getting China and Iran to supply him. If China pulls out, it doesn’t matter who is in charge.

This war has gone past the point of Russia being able to go it alone.

You really trying to say the billionaire oligarch who bought up an enormous private army doesn’t care about power? I don’t know if I believe that. He’s not “just” a hired gun. He’s a Kremlin insider who has more pull than you’re giving him credit for.

Also, it looks like he has enough support in the military for his coup.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Another one of the great Ls of our higher learning all stars was not so subtly rooting for Russia
:wow:
My thoughts are with @Broke Wave at this critical hour.

Pretty sure he would admit he couldn't imagine this happening.

Tbh neither could I. I thought Putin would have killed Priggy before things got to this point.

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm actually more concerned about the effects of the Wagner dispute on Africa. A lot of Sahel countries as well as the DRC are in a tough position if they need Wagner to provide defense, but they also still need to curry good favor with the Russian state.

Many normal everyday Africans will die if Wagner pulls out and jihadists move into those Sahel nations. There are Similar issues with the rogue militants and rebels in DRC

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Looks like Putin maybe fled to St. Petersberg.

Putin as soon as his press conference was over:
tumblr_inline_okjcuo1xWo1tmb9b0_500.gif

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Of course, but let's be clear. After this weekend, Russia as you know it is probably finished. Time for a new iteration. Either one that is humble and acquiesces to the West, or a Russia that goes back to USSR isolation.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
You really trying to say the billionaire oligarch who bought up an enormous private army doesn’t care about power? I don’t know if I believe that. He’s not “just” a hired gun. He’s a Kremlin insider who has more pull than you’re giving him credit for.
dude.

Wielding political power ain’t the same as military power. You just lived through the Trump presidency. Just because you are head of the table doesn’t mean you have power. Biden rallied NATO in a week politically. Trump couldn’t get Zelensky to investigate Biden.