Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

voiture

Superstar
Daps
I'd say the smart think for Ukraine to do right now is invade Russia or at the very least start using their expensive American toys and launching drones and missiles into Russia to create further chaos. Putin cant fight an invading Ukrainian army AND fight a civil war at the same time.
Not good PR...I don't recommend it. The middle ground would be to offer American weapons to the soldiers engaging in mutiny .
Basically throw rocks and hide hand!

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
I feel like this was planned in advanced

Wagner was attacked by Russia today and they already have everything ready to roll

Wouldn’t it take at least few days to organize everyone and equipment before moving out

Seems like Wagner was ready to roll
Pringles has been cutting WWE promos for months and even told everyone that he was packing up and taking Wagner out of Ukraine. Where did they think he was going to go? :skip:

_130194531_microsoftteams-image.png

Rostov on Don to Moscow is 1080 km according to Google Maps. That's a whole lot of distance to cross without air support though.
The Russian air force has been a non factor thus far. I'm willing to bet that Wagner has some ground to air missiles as well. Word to the
Mujahideen.

It's getting really real, Wagner allegedly shot down that plane that was POSSIBLY transporting RU troops

And then you post this. :dead:

Russia stumbling like a Mortal Kombat character with “FINISH HIM” flashing above its head and you want to sit back?

Couldn’t be me. :scust:
repped/dapped/giggled

Imagine waking up and there's a war going on outside no one is safe from... :lupe:

He had 80k troops under his command die in bakhmut. That could do something to a man :hubie:

If you include the Ukrainians he's killed, he's probably seen a quarter million people die in the past couple years. That could turn anyone to a mad man...

Shoiguuuuuuuu.... gerasimooooooooooov....

Remember that video lol
Straight up promo cuts.

This is fukking wild.

Watching people flip in a moment from "Wagner is the epitome of evil" to "Let's root for Wagner!" is going to be quite the picture. But plenty of historical precedent, warmongers will root for literally anyone because they expect more war will solve the problem.
And here you go...
Ok, roll with me on this. Imagine I have two cancers in my body. I'm obviously :sadcam: about this. But then one cancer starts eating the other one. Now i'm still :why: but on the other hand i'm also a little :ld: at the turn of events. Of course the remaining cancer is still :trash: and need to be dealt with.

Which is a good reason for NATO to not supply them even if it's to get rid of Putin. We really don't know what the end game is. If anything this allows Ukraine to reload and be prepare for anything....
I seriously doubt that NATO would arm Wagner...right? :lupe:

Last edited:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
The enemy of my enemy is my friend kind of thing going on right now but it is a bit comical to see people in here rooting for Wagner after all the horrible shyt they've done. I'm genuinely not sure if Wagner is a better solution than Putin and his cronies. Prigozhin is more nationalist and brutal than Putin. Only way this works out for the better is if Wagner overthrows Putin but installs someone outside of Wagner as President, IMO.

Also not sure this is good news for Ukraine. Sure, he said the war was based on bullshyt but he's throwing a coup because he's not getting the supplies needed to win the war in Ukraine. Rn it can go either way but if the coup is successful, he might launch a real campaign in Ukraine to restore Russian pride.
It's been known indeed that Putin's likely successors have been known to be more hawkish indeed. But I think it's fine to root for Prigozhin right now as long as he targets Russian military but I don't think alybody forgot his brutality. As you said, enemy of my enemy...

I would say it's a good news overall for Ukraine. On the short term, it'll likely disrupt RU forces on the field and Ukraine could take advantage of that. If they can pierce an axis towards Melitopol during this coup attempt, this could be gold. RU morale on the field can't be great after this news, it's a weakness they can exploit.

On the long term, even if Prigozhin manages to beat the Kadyrovites and Putin loyalists, which is a huge if, you really think Russia as a country can hold after this coup ? And if Wagner loses, what about all those mercs inside the country ? Either way, Russia will have to deal with the current mess for the next couple of months potentially.

There's no way they can focus on both internal and external fronts at the same time and they'll likely protect Moscow than gains in Ukraine so IMO, this is the best news Ukraine has had since february 2022 IMO.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
I don't think NATO is going to get involved. Theres no reason to right now. Civil war means Russians will eat themselves. I could see the CIA involved but NATO is going to be at a stand still until leadership gets resolved.
Operation GLADIO. :banderas:

My hope in all of this is sovereign nations take a hard look at mercenary armies. Wagner is only around because Blackwater became a 'thing'. I want all of these extracurricular armies disbanded. Nations should face the consequences of sending their national armies if they want to do dirt on other nations soil and not some private military force that has no accountability nor faces any legal repercussions of their sometimes grotesque actions.
I agree.

• Dap
Reactions: ill

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
It's been known indeed that Putin's likely successors have been known to be more hawkish indeed. But I think it's fine to root for Prigozhin right now as long as he targets Russian military but I don't think alybody forgot his brutality. As you said, enemy of my enemy...

I would say it's a good news overall for Ukraine. On the short term, it'll likely disrupt RU forces on the field and Ukraine could take advantage of that. If they can pierce an axis towards Melitopol during this coup attempt, this could be gold. RU morale on the field can't be great after this news, it's a weakness they can exploit.

On the long term, even if Prigozhin manages to beat the Kadyrovites and Putin loyalists, which is a huge if, you really think Russia as a country can hold after this coup ? And if Wagner loses, what about all those mercs inside the country ? Either way, Russia will have to deal with the current mess for the next couple of months potentially.

There's no way they can focus on both internal and external fronts at the same time and they'll likely protect Moscow than gains in Ukraine so IMO, this is the best news Ukraine has had since february 2022 IMO.

I agree that short term this is great for Ukraine. The Russian Army will be split between a two front war now. They will also be splintered between factions loyal to Russia and those loyal to Wagner and those that favor a change of leadership. Morale will be mixed IMO. If they think Prigozhin is a better leader to fight Ukraine, morale may actually be boosted because now they will think they have a real chance to win the war.

Its way to early to tell what the ramifications would be with a Wagner win or loss. It really can go either way because Putin has a lot of love but even those that love him hate the corruption so it'll depend on what kind of system Wagner brings in if they win.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
You are forgetting that Russian leaders tend to be dictators and if you dont fall in line you end up in the gulag.

Russians can be as tired of the war as they want but if leadership wants to keep it going, they will and Russian citizens have very little power to change that.

The war is stalled out because of incompetent leadership (according to Wagner). So the thinking may be if they get in control, they can make headway on the war. Wagner was efficient and somewhat successful in Ukraine. It’s the regular Russian army that kept getting wiped out. Prigozhin may think if hes running the show the results will be vastly different. Still way too early to tell but im here for the fukkery
Dictators yeah. But this isn’t dictator. Wagner dude hasn’t expressed any desire to lead a politically strong Russia. He’s just a hired gun.

It does matter. Coups don’t succeed if the military doesn’t back it. Citizens make up the military. if he accidentally undermines belief in Russian power by showing up Putin, all those Allies are going to abandon him.Wagner ain’t winning the war alone. Russia ain’t winning the war alone.

Russia is only still a fight because of Putin. The lack of weapons and supplies is only being addressed because Putin is playing the political game of getting China and Iran to supply him. If China pulls out, it doesn’t matter who is in charge.

This war has gone past the point of Russia being able to go it alone.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Fighterbomber: "Wagner has speed, it's moving through unsecured areas, our generals are unable to respond:

"The most basic and most powerful weapon that Wagner has is speed.

While our fathers-commanders decide where to strike, the column is already a hundred kilometers to the north, demolishing ridiculous cars with sand and other keeper tapes.

There are no mines on the roads, bridges are open, no orders have been brought to a bunch of units at all, and so on. It is clear that in a couple of days the commanders will tighten up, but Wagner will not wait for this moment.
The inertia of our generals, of course, was taken into account by Wagner in their plan.

And yes, I keep forgetting to say. If you think that I am for one of the parties, you are mistaken. I know perfectly well that both sides are absolutely matched for each other. Bellends on both sides. And they equally give a fukk about our problems. I am for Russia, and only for it.

But today there is no choice. Today, everyone who fights against our army is our enemy. The only defense and support of our country is our army and navy. And the enemy must be destroyed.
And after the victory, we will reward everyone according to their merits."