Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
This is fukking wild.

Watching people flip in a moment from "Wagner is the epitome of evil" to "Let's root for Wagner!" is going to be quite the picture. But plenty of historical precedent, warmongers will root for literally anyone because they expect more war will solve the problem.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend kind of thing going on right now but it is a bit comical to see people in here rooting for Wagner after all the horrible shyt they've done. I'm genuinely not sure if Wagner is a better solution than Putin and his cronies. Prigozhin is more nationalist and brutal than Putin. Only way this works out for the better is if Wagner overthrows Putin but installs someone outside of Wagner as President, IMO.

Also not sure this is good news for Ukraine. Sure, he said the war was based on bullshyt but he's throwing a coup because he's not getting the supplies needed to win the war in Ukraine. Rn it can go either way but if the coup is successful, he might launch a real campaign in Ukraine to restore Russian pride.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The enemy of my enemy is my friend kind of thing going on right now but it is a bit comical to see people in here rooting for Wagner after all the horrible shyt they've done. I'm genuinely not sure if Wagner is a better solution than Putin and his cronies. Prigozhin is more nationalist and brutal than Putin. Only way this works out for the better is if Wagner overthrows Putin but installs someone outside of Wagner as President, IMO.

Also not sure this is good news for Ukraine. Sure, he said the war was based on bullshyt but he's throwing a coup because he's not getting the supplies needed to win the war in Ukraine. Rn it can go either way but if the coup is successful, he might launch a real campaign in Ukraine to restore Russian pride.

All of that perfectly reflects the thoughts I already had on the subject. Not to mention that Wagner seems as or more enthusiastic about spreading their violence to Africa and other countries as Putin is.

Arizax2

All Star
Daps

Which is a good reason for NATO to not supply them even if it's to get rid of Putin. We really don't know what the end game is. If anything this allows Ukraine to reload and be prepare for anything....

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
This is next level epic....not sure what the game plan for NATO is when this is all said and done. Are Russians even in combat right now in Ukraine? shyt is not worth it at this point.
They don’t have a central command to coordinate. Probably just on standby and reinforcing positions.

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Which is a good reason for NATO to not supply them even if it's to get rid of Putin. We really don't know what the end game is. If anything this allows Ukraine to reload and be prepare for anything....

I don't think NATO is going to get involved. Theres no reason to right now. Civil war means Russians will eat themselves. I could see the CIA involved but NATO is going to be at a stand still until leadership gets resolved.

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
All of that perfectly reflects the thoughts I already had on the subject. Not to mention that Wagner seems as or more enthusiastic about spreading their violence to Africa and other countries as Putin is.

My hope in all of this is sovereign nations take a hard look at mercenary armies. Wagner is only around because Blackwater became a 'thing'. I want all of these extracurricular armies disbanded. Nations should face the consequences of sending their national armies if they want to do dirt on other nations soil and not some private military force that has no accountability nor faces any legal repercussions of their sometimes grotesque actions.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA

The war was at a pretty significant stall.

Putin would rather flood a region than grind it out.

I can see why people would be hopeful of any movement that might change the process. Putin is the lynchpin. This Wagner dude is like Capone. He’s not political figure who can get China and Iran onboard to keep supplying weapons. Chechnya‘s soldiers are loyal to Putin. So what exactly does a war without Putin even look like.

The average Russian is probably tired of this 3 day special operation and drafting more men ain’t going to fly.

so unless this dude is willing to pull that nuke trigger which would bring in NATO

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Putin fukked up. Even if the mutiny fails ....his allies are NOT going to trust this regime.
Everyone is just tired.

But also, because they have stifled any legitimate political opposition for decades, they don’t have any obvious options to unite behind.

everyone has either fallen out a window, poisoned, or died in prison

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The war was at a pretty significant stall.

Putin would rather flood a region than grind it out.

I can see why people would be hopeful of any movement that might change the process. Putin is the lynchpin. This Wagner dude is like Capone. He’s not political figure who can get China and Iran onboard to keep supplying weapons. Chechnya‘s soldiers are loyal to Putin. So what exactly does a war without Putin even look like.

The average Russian is probably tired of this 3 day special operation and drafting more men ain’t going to fly.

so unless this dude is willing to pull that nuke trigger which would bring in NATO

You are forgetting that Russian leaders tend to be dictators and if you dont fall in line you end up in the gulag.

Russians can be as tired of the war as they want but if leadership wants to keep it going, they will and Russian citizens have very little power to change that.

The war is stalled out because of incompetent leadership (according to Wagner). So the thinking may be if they get in control, they can make headway on the war. Wagner was efficient and somewhat successful in Ukraine. Its the regular Russian army that kept getting wiped out. Prigozhin may think if hes running the show the results will be vastly different. Still way too early to tell but im here for the fukkery

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The smart thing for Ukraine to do right now is offer amnesty for the Russian soldiers who want to go back home

I'd say the smart think for Ukraine to do right now is invade Russia or at the very least start using their expensive American toys and launching drones and missiles into Russia to create further chaos. Putin cant fight an invading Ukrainian army AND fight a civil war at the same time.