Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Not just Syria, Mali just kicked out the UN in favor of Wagner as well as CAR. all 3 countries are exposed if those forces retreat to Russia.
Russia got fingers everywhere. north Korea, Armenians might get wiped out, mali, sea of Japan.

Gas about to skyrocket if things go real bad.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
:russ: Somewhere Nap is screaming from the Bushes seeing this in real time.

alien-covenant-let-me-out.gif

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Exactly what aid has China provided thus far? All Xe has done is buy cheap Russian gas so far as I know.

Pringles marching through Russia like Napoleon and absorbing entire prisons was not on my BINGO card. This war has been a trip since jump. Whoever the writers of this program are just dedicated 80% of the system memory to this war and then sat back like :smugfavre:
Chinese companies are still supplying Russia and Iran with parts for their war machine. You think the Chinese government doesn’t know or passively doesn’t care?

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
dude.

Wielding political power ain’t the same as military power. You just lived through the Trump presidency. Just because you are head of the table doesn’t mean you have power. Biden rallied NATO in a week politically. Trump couldn’t get Zelensky to investigate Biden.

I think you're overly dismissing Prigozhin. He's not just a soldier. He's one of the most connected Kremlin insiders and he's wealthy beyond imagination. I think you're dismissing the massive political power that he'll gain if he dethrones Putin. Look at how well Wagner is being received by the Russian public in Rostov. Here's the thing though - we don't even know if he WANTS to be President. We only know he wants to get rid of current leadership. He may have someone else in mind to actually lead.

I know you talked about China earlier, and Putin himself is certainly a driver in their decision to support Russia, BUT the main drivers of their support will still remain. For China, the UKR-RUS war is a hedge against the US and the EU. It's also about setting precedent in regards to Taiwan. Those three reasons don't change if Putin is removed.

Also not a fan of the example you used. Zelensky didn't investigate Biden because it would hurt his administration and hurt Ukraine's cause. Had nothing to do with Trump having "no power". Pretty sure Hunter just plead guilty to charges stemming from the corruption related to the revolution that Zelensky is a part of.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
:mjlol: Twitter stuff is talking about CIA and Prigo collab, but that's not the thing that's making me chuckle; MAGA International Foreign Policy experts be like...

"Brandon is destabilizing Russia, this is why you should fight the deep state."
"We are at war with Russia."

And very pro-Russia, anti-USA... :mjgrin: Just move your ass to Russia then.
Funny you mention that bécasse I réad this

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think you're overly dismissing Prigozhin. He's not just a soldier. He's one of the most connected Kremlin insiders and he's wealthy beyond imagination. I think you're dismissing the massive political power that he'll gain if he dethrones Putin. Look at how well Wagner is being received by the Russian public in Rostov. Here's the thing though - we don't even know if he WANTS to be President. We only know he wants to get rid of current leadership. He may have someone else in mind to actually lead.

I know you talked about China earlier, and Putin himself is certainly a driver in their decision to support Russia, BUT the main drivers of their support will still remain. For China, the UKR-RUS war is a hedge against the US and the EU. It's also about setting precedent in regards to Taiwan. Those three reasons don't change if Putin is removed.

Also not a fan of the example you used. Zelensky didn't investigate Biden because it would hurt his administration and hurt Ukraine's cause. Had nothing to do with Trump having "no power". Pretty sure Hunter just plead guilty to charges stemming from the corruption related to the revolution that Zelensky is a part of.
To assume he did this in a vacuum would be foolhardly. He either has backing from the West, or the Russian interior. Another reason why I think that Blinken meeting with China was about more than pleasantries. They probably knew this was coming and wanted China to look the other way.

How would you know it was coming of Wagner hadn't established some channels?

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Chinese companies are still supplying Russia and Iran with parts for their war machine. You think the Chinese government doesn’t know or passively doesn’t care?

As of now whatever material support China has provided Russia is :yeshrug: status. Food rations? Enjoy that dehydrated fish soup, Ivan. Call me when China send military advisors, armor, manpads, guns, ammo or armillary because that is what I consider real wartime aid. Sure the drones help but at the end of the day China is really just getting cheap oil out of this.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ukraine liberates territories near city during Wagner mutiny, report
According to Ukrainian news agencies, Kyiv has liberated the territories near the city of Krasnohorivka in Donetsk region, which have been occupied by pro-Russia separatists since 2014.

Oleksandr Tarnavsky, commander of the Tavria operational-strategic grouping, Oleksandr Tarnavsky, commander of the Tavria operational-strategic grouping, told the national News Agency of Ukraine, Ukrinform.

“The movement of our forces continues,” Tarnavsky wrote on Telegram on Saturday. “There are tangible successes and progress.”

All coming apart. Crimea will be in play

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA

This is the same.

China is out for China. That’s their cause. Wagner is destabilizing Russia. Why would China continue to tie theMselves to this if they don’t believe in the leadership. Putin had 20 years of experience. USSR connections in government. And he was legitimately elected with the backing of Western Allies at one point.

Wagner dude has none of this. China doesn‘t lose anything by waiting and seeing what happens internally.

You‘re right about how the soldiers are being embraced which points to an internal problem politically. This ain’t about NATO or anti West that China cares about. No one is shouting down with NATO, die Ukraine. They are seeing Russian boys drafted and under equipped for a three day war.

edit: also let’s not forget China doesn’t like promoting overthrowing governments

Last edited:

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
Not good PR...I don't recommend it. The middle ground would be to offer American weapons to the soldiers engaging in mutiny .
Basically throw rocks and hide hand!
Nope. The best thing to do is Ukraine to repel Russian soldiers and the US to not do anything except collect intelligence. Your example is a good way for a nationalist to point out that the US is trying to overthrow Russia and then some idiot sends a nuke this way