Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
So does Zelensky leave Ukraine or stay?

Does Russia try to capture him or kill him?

If they capture him, they will probably put him on trial if he refuses to leave the country.
He should move the government to Lviv. Use the Carpathain moutains as a defensive line.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Problem is Putin doesn't care how his people suffer.

This is getting to a point where the oligarchs will have the make hard decisions.
I feel they hold the lever for this to end but do they hold that much weight ultimately ? I was under the impression that Putin kinda put them under his thumb when he got to power. Unless you're talking "removing" him ?

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Belarus knows Russia has its back but the way Lukachenko has acted seems really short sighted to say the least. He's placing all his eggs with Russia and isolating the country from all its neighbours but also the whole Europe.

Belarus' future doesn't make much sense to me unless dude wants to integrate Belarus in Russia or ? I know him and his click are living lavish so he'll not be touched but there's a point where the country's economy cannot just grow in an exclusive relationship with Russia.

EU choked him and are thinking of imposing further sanctions. EU aid also in doubt.

Ukraine was beginning to squeeze him as he was still able to sell sanctioned items through the Ukrainian market and his economy is already shot to pieces.

He actually stands to benefit from the war. I think he is hopeful an influx of cash will help him stay afloat and he will be able to negotiate with the West in the long run.

Basically this is his 'punchers chance'

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
Chernobyl's stuff is still active. Basically if the Sarcophagus is destroyed/open to air, and if you spray it with water, because the material is very hot, you can cause radiated steam to enter the atmosphere... its just where the wind will take it; but it could drift into Middle and Western Europe easily.

I am sure though its more of a stronghold, but really I have no idea.
yeah, it still doesnt make sense that it would be faught over as a first priority...
Probably just to secure it. Loose nuke type situation.
i dont understand what that is implying. it's not a weapon and it's stable...

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Belarus knows Russia has its back but the way Lukachenko has acted seems really short sighted to say the least. He's placing all his eggs with Russia and isolating the country from all its neighbours but also the whole Europe.

Belarus' future doesn't make much sense to me unless dude wants to integrate Belarus in Russia or ? I know him and his click are living lavish so he'll not be touched but there's a point where the country's economy cannot just grow in an exclusive relationship with Russia.

I think that's the reason he's doing it. He most likely doesn't care for his country as much as himself and closed ones so Putin gave him an offer he couldn't refuse.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I feel they hold the lever for this to end but do they hold that much weight ultimately ? I was under the impression that Putin kinda put them under his thumb when he got to power. Unless you're talking "removing" him ?

Lol, what do you consider 'removing' to be?

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
As mentioned on here by others, you can explain whatever you want to depending on what your agenda is. Do you want to explain the confederacy or the KKKs or hitlers point of view next? There is no nuance in somebody bombing a country and terrorizing it’s citizens. I keep going back because that was one of the wildest things I read on here aside from “I lean authoritarian”.
Do you know what explaining means or what ? Books have been written about the KKK or Hitler because it is necessary to understand the rationale behind such actions. Do you think those books were agreeing with them ?

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As mentioned on here by others, you can explain whatever you want to depending on what your agenda is. Do you want to explain the confederacy or the KKKs or hitlers point of view next? There is no nuance in somebody bombing a country and terrorizing it’s citizens. I keep going back because that was one of the wildest things I read on here aside from “I lean authoritarian”.
:comeon:

Nuance and debating rationale, motivations etc are not the same thing. Ukranians themselves are doing this as we speak. World War 2 history is one of the biggest genres of historical nonfiction in the world.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

Only way not discussing explanations is warranted is if all parties understand those explanations, that's impossible to get on an internet discussion forum. If people wanna argue about them, why not? Doesn't mean they agree with those point of views. The point of a forum is discussion, and the point of HL is (I think) having a place were such discussions with nuance can be had.

If you are not interested in those explanations because there's no point in them (or whatever other reason), that's fine too. But there's others forums in TheColi were the "this is fukked up and I don't wanna heat anything else about it" energy is stronger than here.

Explanations are very important because they paint a bigger picture and help understand the real issues and challenges at hand. And they are always morally fukked up, ambiguous and with two or more sides that are going to fukk someone else over.