Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Putin is pointing to the outfield like Babe Ruth calling his shot as if he's gonna get a 78 mph spitball from Sammy "No Sox" Henderson in '28.
nah, son...we got that new new for that ass.

*insert any roided up '90's closer* :takedat:

Russia is gonna leave a shyt load of men and equipment in Eastern Ukraine without support. too many bridges and railways getting taken out by HIMARS.

Russia is creating the perfect pocket for a double envelopment by Ukraine on a nationwide scale...
gj5nawm.png

Ukraine is gonna envelope at least a couple of pockets of Russian units that are West of the Dnipro River that have been cut off from supplies.

From May, July and August.

:youngsabo:

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
“I am so excited he came,” said Ms. Samofalova, whose nails were painted yellow. “When the orcs were here, it was a gray mood like a black-and-white movie,” she said, using a common insult to refer to Russian soldiers.

“Now, it is like the sun is shining over the city.”

[tankie]orcs? how dare these ungrateful eastern ukranians/future russians call these benevolent russians that. all they ever did was save them from the ukranian nazis.[/tankie]

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
can somebody explain to me why you all are choosing sides in this?
honest question :hubie:

I hate war and I hate invaders. I don't want anyone who starts wars or launches an invasion to prosper in the effort. Russia is 100% responsible for doing both.

Personally, I don't "take sides" as in wanting all Russians to die or anything. I just want the war to end as fast as possible, with as little additional suffering as possible, and Russia and countries like them to realize they should never do it again.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
I don't know if you guys are in on Perun yet, but it's one of the most informative youtube channels on the conflict. Dude started a gaming channel and then like in March posted an analytic vid on Russia shortcomings and he been on that wave ever since. It's more powerpoints than videos per se so take it as a podcast more than anything else

Here's the vid where he made the switch

The last one about corruption and lies in the Russian military (he has a couple of others about that)

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

You can watch a baseball game and state what happened even if you're not rooting for either team.

I can follow the war and objectively call it like it is without having anything personal against Russians or picking sides.

Putin started this shyt, and deserves all the blame for that, and I hope his warmongering never, ever prospers. I can feel that way without having any bloodlust towards Russians or ceasing to think of them as humans.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
I hate war and I hate invaders. I don't want anyone who starts wars or launches an invasion to prosper in the effort. Russia is 100% responsible for doing both.

Personally, I don't "take sides" as in wanting all Russians to die or anything. I just want the war to end as fast as possible, with as little additional suffering as possible, and Russia and countries like them to realize they should never do it again.
countries don't learn that lesson if they get what they want or even some of what they wanted because it would be more than they had before they invaded. so this war won't end fast unless ukraine says ok putin here is eastern ukraine. if ukraine is determined to keep what was theirs before 2014 (as they should be) then this won't end without a russian defeat (not quickly).

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
countries don't learn that lesson if they get what they want or even some of what they wanted because it would be more than they had before they invaded. so this war won't end fast unless ukraine says ok putin here is eastern ukraine. if ukraine is determined to keep what was theirs before 2014 (as they should be) then this won't end without a russian defeat (not quickly).

That's a long string of unsupported claims. We've had six straight months of posters claiming that this is the greatest embarrassment ever of a "superpower", destroyed Russia's rep, destroyed Russia's military, destroyed Russia's economy, destroyed Putin's legacy, and yet we're supposed to believe that if the war ended tomorrow with Russia being forced to pull back to Crimea (thus also ending 8 years of Russian-funded conflict in eastern Ukraine).....Putin would be so happy he had invaded?

Russia has already lost. Putin has already lost. No matter HOW they negotiate what happens from here on out, this is going to have been a disaster for the Russian state and Russian people.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Pretty much agree with everything said here.
That's a long string of unsupported claims.
lol wut?
full

We've had six straight months of posters claiming that this is the greatest embarrassment ever of a "superpower", destroyed Russia's rep, destroyed Russia's military, destroyed Russia's economy, destroyed Putin's legacy

Yeah-thats-right GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

and yet we're supposed to believe that if the war ended tomorrow with Russia being forced to pull back to Crimea
Are you being purposefully obtuse with this? Russian occupation of any Ukrainian soil is a no go. Crimea will be taken from Putin by force, make absolutely no mistake about that.
Putin would be so happy he had invaded?
No.
Russia has already lost. Putin has already lost.

First thing in that post to make sense and you saved it for last you cheeky little feller. I see you. :mjgrin: