Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
you need to expand your definitions of winning and losing.
time is on Ukraine's side and the more time goes by the narrower the definition of "win" becomes for Putin.
Ukraine on the other hand has time as an ally in many ways. they are undoubtedly getting stronger militarily as time goes by.
certainly we can agree on that? they are also using this time to dominate the word stage and engage diplomatically with allies and Russia.
even if the talks with Russia go nowhere (they won't) at least they have other things cooking up in the background.

it's almost as if Ukraine could...win?

:noah:

i consider this guy to be level headed and tend to agree with his opinions.

he's talking about Ukraine encircling Russian lines and...really winning this war. :dwillhuh:

if Ukraine kicks out Russia...:noah:

crazy that we are even discussing this.
so much changed in just a month.

nah, they in it to win it.
this is raw humanity.

lemme put it like this, the two largest militaries in Europe are Russia and Ukraine.
Everyone thought that Russia was the Super Heavyweight champion of Europe.
Ukraine was considered a washed up Middleweight, not even in contention.
Russia went in dropping haymakers and everyone was predicting a first round knockout but Ukraine had footwork and was controlling the ring.
Everyone just shut up and watched because it turns out that this Middleweight had been training for this fight for almost a decade on the low low and had the best coaches on Earth.
Then you have the Heavyweight going into round two looking like he's gonna pass out and the Middleweight smells blood in the water...literally.
Now Ukraine ain't dancing around, nope...*body blow, body blow, body, blow*....*flex*...*upercut*

and the world is stunned.

if you don't see that this war is an inflection point in history then you are blind.
Ukraine is winning and it's fukking incredible.

the more i think about this war the stupider it becomes.
Putin is waging war as if satellites don't exist and every Western nation doesn't have their eyes in the sky on Russia.
an Ivan can't take a shyt without being seen. every move Putin makes is telegraphed in real time. he has to know this, right?
he also must know that he massively miscalculated Ukraine's and the West's resolve. there is no win for Russia here, that boat has sailed and sunk.
there is no making sense of this.

:mindblown:

yo, incase you haven't noticed Ukraine is winning and they are just starting to get the heavy shyt now.
the next 6 months will be hell on Earth for the Russian army.

All of these quotes from March, April and May. Yeah I got it wrong on Crimea by Oct. but you gotta admit...

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
FilthyMetallicKiwi-max-1mb.gif

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Once Russia got cut out of SWIFT banking, I knew it was a wrap and tried to tell yall.
The moment I saw this for what it was and realized that it could only end with Russia eating ass was in March when the SWIFT banking sanctions hit. At that point I had to sit back and play the whole game out. That kind of sanction on a nation that size had me doing a double take, that's going for the jugular.

Then Lend Lease started :banderas:

Then Sweden was no longer neutral :dead: and openly doing the
Fusion Dance Dbz GIFs | Tenor
with Finland. As unbelievable as what I was predicting was to most, it was the only way this could have played out. I will admit that I got kinda lucky with the spot on timing but that was just me being optimistic about a situation that I read as foregone anyway.

*hides crystal ball*

Once Russia got booted out of the SWIFT international banking system I knew it was a wrap for Putin. Biden sat everyone down and said "This is not a drill, we are doing this for real." For better or worse the U.S. economy can bleed out for fukking decades and keep chugging along like nothing from an outside perspective. Russia can't do that. They are nowhere near being a self sufficient nation that can manufacture all of the products needed for internal consumption let alone a sustained war against the combined military industrial might of NATO wielded by Ukraine. The only way this ends quickly is if it happens within Russia itself. Otherwise Biden is gonna let Putin drag this out to Russia's detriment for as long as possible.

Crimea by October.

Don't even know how many months ago I posted this.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
I am seeing ZERO Russian propaganda being pushed online right now. What a 180 from Russiagate era. Russia can't put together any fukking clips? Them drones can loiter for days but can't pack a cam?
Guess they can't be bothered to see what they are hitting.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I am seeing ZERO Russian propaganda being pushed online right now. What a 180 from Russiagate era. Russia can't put together any fukking clips? Them drones can loiter for days but can't pack a cam?
Guess they can't be bothered to see what they are hitting.

US Midterm elections didn't go the way they want, and now I KNOW that Putin himself ain't got much longer to live. :pachaha:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
ukraine doesn't want anything other than all their territory. crimea is a part of their country and they want russia out. russia won't give that up, so they'll have to fight for it and ukraine will have to win or else they don't get it. so this war will go on until it becomes too costly for russia to hold or until ukraine can't or won't fight for it anymore.

And how many Ukrainian lives are you happy to sacrifice for that? If the majority of Crimeans just want the war to end, but keep dying because Ukrainian "wants everything", how many deaths are justified to serve that mission? Would you be okay with 10,000 deaths? 20,000? Who has the right to decide that, if opportunity comes to spare those lives instead?

i don't see why ukraine would stop because allowing russia to have crimea emboldens them to always have an eye on other parts of your country.

oh and if in a negotiated settlement the crimea issue is settled then that would be something putin didn't have before.

Putin is a 70yo cancer patient and Russia is in an absolutely horrible situation compared to where they started the war. The idea that getting his military destroyed, his economy destroyed, and his population turned against him, only to get beaten back all the way to Crimea, will somehow embolden him to turn around and re-attack a more prepared Ukraine and stronger NATO than he failed against the first time back when he had a stronger army and a stronger country standing behind him....it's completely unfounded. It's just pure speculation thrown out to drive the argument.

If you believe Putin's like that, then you might as well believe that he'd come back and try again if he gets beaten out of Crimea too. In fact, he might be more likely to start a second war if he gets beaten out of Crimea, in order to at least achieve that limited objective and save face.

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
And how many Ukrainian lives are you happy to sacrifice for that? If the majority of Crimeans just want the war to end, but keep dying because Ukrainian "wants everything", how many deaths are justified to serve that mission? Would you be okay with 10,000 deaths? 20,000? Who has the right to decide that, if opportunity comes to spare those lives instead?

Putin is a 70yo cancer patient and Russia is in an absolutely horrible situation compared to where they started the war. The idea that getting his military destroyed, his economy destroyed, and his population turned against him, only to get beaten back all the way to Crimea, will somehow embolden him to turn around and re-attack a more prepared Ukraine and stronger NATO than he failed against the first time back when he had a stronger army and a stronger country standing behind him....it's completely unfounded. It's just pure speculation thrown out to drive the argument.

If you believe Putin's like that, then you might as well believe that he'd come back and try again if he gets beaten out of Crimea too. In fact, he might be more likely to start a second war if he gets beaten out of Crimea, in order to at least achieve that limited objective and save face.

The Ukrainian people will decide who many lives they sacrifice - not us. And define "Crimean" - are we referring to the Tatars who Russia committed genocide against or the Russian folk now squatting on their land?

And you threw out an unsupported argument (Putin is ill and he will surely learn his lesson) to bolster your own - "grrr he'll be back and this time he'll be really mad"

What are you getting at here? We're using a lot of words just to say, "war bad". Seems like appeasement