Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
What's the point of this? Don't we want people to flee Russia?

The average Russian has never been able to do jack shyt to oppose Putin's decisions except by leaving. Of course that doesn't mean some of them aren't still Putin supporters, but there are tens of millions of citizens who are just victims as much as anyone else.
well considering how russia moves, russian immigration would terrify the hell out of me if i was a neighboring country because that's just a future excuse for some russian nationalist to liberate russian speakers. i'm with poland, get the fukk out, your country is not being attacked. no one has intense loyalty to a country they're fleeing like russians. fsb is probably all up in those "refugees".

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
well considering how russia moves, russian immigration would terrify the hell out of me if i was a neighboring country because that's just a future excuse for some russian nationalist to liberate russian speakers. i'm with poland, get the fukk out, your country is not being attacked. no one has intense loyalty to a country they're fleeing like russians. fsb is probably all up in those "refugees".

Breh come on, we're not here for a spin session. This is like TLRs who claim Republicans are anti-immigrant cause they want to protect Black jobs. Poland is anti-immigrant towards Russians for the same reason they're anti-immigrant towards EVERYONE, they're ruled by right-wing nationalists and are xenophobic as fukk. Exact same mentality that leads to Africans and Muslims and Jews getting so much abuse there. Even Ukrainians are discriminated against.

Poland is a NATO member that doesn't even share a border with Russia and no one said they have to settle Russians there permanently. They aren't going to get invaded cause there's a few thousand Russians there temporarily. And Finland apparently isn't worried about letting in "FSB" - coming in as a Russian refugee is one of the worst covers anyway, you're talking a combo of high visibility with zero access.

I'm confused by the way half the anti-Russia rah rah here is supposedly done in order to isolate and marginalize Putin so Russians reject him, but then simultaneously justifying anti-Russian stuff that can't have any meaningful impact other than driving Russians to him.

Last edited:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Breh come on, we're not here for a spin session. This is like TLRs who claim Republicans are anti-immigrant cause they want to protect Black jobs. Poland is anti-immigrant towards Russians for the same reason they're anti-immigrant towards EVERYONE, they're ruled by right-wing nationalists and are xenophobic as fukk. Exact same mentality that leads to Africans and Muslims and Jews getting so much abuse there. Even Ukrainians are discriminated against.

Poland is a NATO member that doesn't even share a border with Russia and no one said they have to settle Russians there permanently. They aren't going to get invaded cause there's a few thousand Russians there temporarily. And Finland apparently isn't worried about letting in "FSB" - coming in as a Russian refugee is one of the worst covers anyway, you're talking a combo of high visibility with zero access.

I'm confused by the way half the anti-Russia rah rah here is supposedly done in order to isolate and marginalize Putin so Russians reject him, but then simultaneously justifying anti-Russian stuff that can't have any meaningful impact other than driving Russians to him.
I took the Wock to Poland

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London

The average Russian has never been able to do jack shyt to oppose Putin's decisions except by leaving. Of course that doesn't mean some of them aren't still Putin supporters, but there are tens of millions of citizens who are just victims as much as anyone else.
They're paranoid about Russia sending out thousands of sleeper cells in the chaos.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I wonder if this was inevitable or if it would have looked different if Trump hadn't purposely sabatogued Iranian relations and reimposed sanctions.
Iran halting nukes under the deal probably wouldn’t have deterred them from their obligations to regional Anti-west allies.

Everyone uses that military advisors tactic to dance around saying they are actively aiding an enemy of another country.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת

No, as a matter of fact we don't. We want Russians to get fed up with their current regime and collectively decide to remove them. That option is better for them as well as the international community in the long run. That's the first significant step in lifting the international sanctions that are strangling them economically.

The next step would be a leadership whose buddy list is a little more diverse than the axis of super villains.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
TheColi farewell threads :wow:
The official Check in if you are still breavin thread.

Nah, the vast majority will survive to see things go to shyt. Nuclear bombs don't really cover that large an area compared to how spread out human population is, and only so many nukes can/will be popped off. Simulations I've seen suggest something like 100 million deaths on the first day, with a lot of uncertainty, which means there's nearly 8 billion of us still hanging around.

Deaths could definitely hit into the billions, but that will only come after fallout, infrastructure collapse, nuclear winter, societal collapse, etc. Which means the vast majority of deaths will be slow and painful. You might prefer to be caught in the initial strike.
You sound soft.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

Do we want people to flee Russia? Idk I'm not exactly seeing a lot of Russian citizens holding antiwar protests in the West, I suppose it further weakens Russia but at what cost...

Just seems notable that the outflows are greater in Poland, Latvia, and Estonia countries that are particularly sensitive to Russian interference

Least we forget Putin is using the whole "protecting Russians" as a context for invading countries and annexing them

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines
I wonder if this was inevitable or if it would have looked different if Trump hadn't purposely sabatogued Iranian relations and reimposed sanctions.

I don’t think the Iranian government has a bottom and Russia is their key international backer and Russia is in trouble.

Iran never really eased up on their nasty regional projects either

:manny:

Maybe if the nuclear deal brought about the total realignment of Iran with the West and the Saudi’s were finally put out to pasture I mean you’re really reaching at that point unfortunately and then what you’re exchanging one f’d up theocracy for another