Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Will the Ukrainians give it back to the Tatars?

idk but I think any Tatars displaced should be able to live there if they choose

Do you know what the Tatars want? I know there are Tatars fighting for Ukraine and I would imagine also fighting for Russia

:manny:

I think it's also needs to be hammered home that these "ethnic Russian" issues are a result of Bolshevik/Soviet ethnic cleansing campaigns and a lot of the conversation around this part of the world seems to ignore it for one reason or another the (Poles and Baltic states call it out though)

Last edited:

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416
idk but I think any Tatars displaced should be able to live there if they choose

Do you know what the Tatars want? I know there are Tatars fighting for Ukraine and I would imagine also fighting for Russia

:manny:

I think it's also needs to be hammered home that these "ethnic Russian" issues are a result of Bolshevik/Soviet ethnic cleansing campaigns and a lot of the conversation around this part of the world seems to ignore it for one reason or another the (Poles and Baltic states call it out though)

They were only allowed to return in the waning days of the USSR

I imagine a combination of a lack of Ukrainian enthusiasm, community lack of resources, and Russian refusal is the reason they haven't returned en masse

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

What's the point of this? Don't we want people to flee Russia?

The average Russian has never been able to do jack shyt to oppose Putin's decisions except by leaving. Of course that doesn't mean some of them aren't still Putin supporters, but there are tens of millions of citizens who are just victims as much as anyone else.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
all you can do is dance because best believe when WW3 pops off, most people will be dead before the notifications go out :mjlol:

Nah, the vast majority will survive to see things go to shyt. Nuclear bombs don't really cover that large an area compared to how spread out human population is, and only so many nukes can/will be popped off. Simulations I've seen suggest something like 100 million deaths on the first day, with a lot of uncertainty, which means there's nearly 8 billion of us still hanging around.

Deaths could definitely hit into the billions, but that will only come after fallout, infrastructure collapse, nuclear winter, societal collapse, etc. Which means the vast majority of deaths will be slow and painful. You might prefer to be caught in the initial strike.