Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

:why:

brehs fighting for wagner

:snoop:

Most people who fight for groups like that don't give a shyt about ideology. They're doing it because they feel forced by circumstances, greedy, or just want to participate in military adventurism. If you're going to be a mercenary it's not like you're likely to have some sort of deep personal morals guiding your alligiances.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I thought the aid packages were mostly draw down from our current inventory stock? I was under the impression that the cash amount is the value of the packages.
This is true but I'm sure that cash was given as well.

According to this tally at least, the USA has given:

$18 billion in financial aid (mostly via Congressional legislation)
$2 billion in humanitarian aid (mostly via federal agencies)
$17 billion in military aid (mostly via Pentagon draw-downs of equipment)

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
China stops sales of Liquified Natural Gas to ALL of Europe with the pretext of "needing to save some for themselves" while funding the Russian war machine by keeping them afloat buying their LNG and Oil.

Saudi Arabia and OPEC+ slashing output just to hurt America and the Europeans and also to help fund the Russians

Iran giving out thousands of kamikaze drones to the Putin regime which are wreaking havoc across Ukraines infrastructure right now. Its so bad that Israel is getting involved and calling for sanctions on Iran.

I've repeatedly posted on how fukking stupid our addiction to oil makes us. We're straight handing over power to the worst people in the world and getting ourselves involved in the worst conflicts solely because we can't stop guzzling the shyt like water.

Putin
Saudi Arabia
Iran
Osama bin Laden
Saddam Hussein
Isis

They ALL had the power they did because of oil. War after war that was driven by oil profits. When are we going to stop funding them? And that's before we get into the spills and the air pollution and the global warming, etc. etc.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal

ok let's make a deal mr realist professor: stalin's "mistake" (the tatar genocide/force deportations from crimea) in exchange for khrushchev's mistake (giving the ethnically cleansed crimea to ukraine).

and after we bring back those tatars (we have to figure out how to make descendants out of people who were killed before they could create any, but that's small things) we let them have it.

while we're at it, i think russia should demand we give them back alaska or else because that was a big mistake.

history would be so different if mistakes could be taken back.

Last edited: