RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Mueller needs to wait until after the midterms if anything. The Democrats are the only ones who will act against Trump. Doing anything before they have the wind at their back will definitely fail.

The legislature is the only check with the judiciary and executive under Trump’s thumb.

What's the point of waiting until after midterms? If the Republicans keep the House (possible) and Senate (likely) then it'll be pointless because Congress will just ignore him.

If he thinks Trump committed a crime he should let it be known before the midterms so voters know what's up and can vote accordingly. If Dems still won't turn out after that then they/we deserve whatever happens.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
What's the point of waiting until after midterms? If the Republicans keep the House (possible) and Senate (likely) then it'll be pointless because Congress will just ignore him.

If he thinks Trump committed a crime he should let it be known before the midterms so voters know what's up and can vote accordingly. If Dems still won't turn out after that then they/we deserve whatever happens.
We’ve pass the point of hearts and minds. Trumpets aren’t budging. They’ll find a way to dismiss it or wag the dog. It’s what you can prove.

The midterms are the only point in the next two years that will change the board. If Rethugs hold power then they will feel emboldened to hold the line. With Dems in power the whole thing changes. Investigators into finances. Hold up nominees. Policy rollbacks reverses.

Will Republicans run for 2020 as Trumpets after getting their butts handed to them in a midterm when Democrats historically turn out for presidents years?

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
We’ve pass the point of hearts and minds. Trumpets aren’t budging. They’ll find a way to dismiss it or wag the dog. It’s what you can prove.

The midterms are the only point in the next two years that will change the board. If Rethugs hold power then they will feel emboldened to hold the line. With Dems in power the whole thing changes. Investigators into finances. Hold up nominees. Policy rollbacks reverses.

Will Republicans run for 2020 as Trumpets after getting their butts handed to them in a midterm when Democrats historically turn out for presidents years?

I don't disagree that Republicans will do nothing as long as they're in power...I just don't see how waiting helps.

No action against Trump will be taken before midterms regardless, but if Mueller knows something then it could possibly motivate Dem voters to turn out. If the Republicans keep control of Congress and then Mueller drops something, it'll be too late and people will say "maybe if we knew about this before midterms the GOP wouldn't have won".

I think the fact that Ryan and others have already indicated they're jumping ship means they know Trump is going down and will drag part of the GOP with him. It doesn't matter that the Trumptards will never believe he's a mob goon. They don't work in Washington.

Unfortunately it kind of does matter because Republican politicians won't want to do anything that'll upset Trumptards, even if they know he's guilty as fukk.

Not that I think they'll ever be swayed, but they matter insofar as Republicans on the hill consider it political suicide to go against him.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I don't disagree that Republicans will do nothing as long as they're in power...I just don't see how waiting helps.

No action against Trump will be taken before midterms regardless, but if Mueller knows something then it could possibly motivate Dem voters to turn out. If the Republicans keep control of Congress and then Mueller drops something, it'll be too late and people will say "maybe if we knew about this before midterms the GOP wouldn't have won".

So if all the

Supreme Court right-wing picks/Federal picks
Pruitt environmental rollbacks
Tarriffs
North Korea nukes?
Iran treaty
Illegal Immigration debacle
Education DeVos policies
NFL protest
Embarrassing us with International allies
Puerto Rico
Healthcare sabotage
TaxCuts for rich

None of that is enough to motivate Dems to get out in November but Mueller is supposed to? Dems deserve to lose. There isn't a sector of Democratic policy he hasn't hit.

I haven't even mentioned anything Russia related.

Last edited:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I think the fact that Ryan and others have already indicated they're jumping ship means they know Trump is going down and will drag part of the GOP with him. It doesn't matter that the Trumptards will never believe he's a mob goon. They don't work in Washington.

That just means they don't want to be the ones in the history books for pulling the trigger on a fellow Republican. We still need a few willing to to impeach in the Senate for the three-fourths.