Russell Wilson is a cornball breh

Daps
Reppin
los angeles
Why do you care who I smash? Like for real....why do you care?

tumblr_inline_n8c224bNb31qc3yel.gif

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You must be a clueless buffoon if you have no idea why some black people would have issue with a supposed "black" man that is white washed as fukk. Perhaps you should read a history book or three.
You must not know me son. I know my history. And I'm the first one to refer to our history to explain many of the issues we face today in this white supremacist society that we live in.

However, there is a difference between being white-washed and between being Michael Steele. Not everyone who is white-washed is against the black community at large--in fact, most aren't. In my experience, a lot of white-washed black folks WANT to be accepted by the black community but are rebuffed over and over, laughed at for the way they dress, the way talk, their music choices, hobbies, etc. etc. To deny this is being intellectually dishonest. So going back to my original point, villifying black people who unfortunately grew up around mostly white folks for not having a strong black identity, something they didn't even have an opportunity to develop by virtue of the environment they were raised in, is frankly in my opinion stupid.

It's also divisive.

I'm curious though, what is your opinion on the matter? Why do you think it's not a problem to ostracize white-washed blacks from our community? Rather than calling me a clueless buffoon, I'd love for you to articulate your argument instead.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
You must not know me son. I know my history. And I'm the first one to refer to our history to explain many of the issues we face today in this white supremacist society that we live in.

However, there is a difference between being white-washed and between being Michael Steele. Not everyone who is white-washed is against the black community at large--in fact, most aren't. In my experience, a lot of white-washed black folks WANT to be accepted by the black community but are rebuffed over and over, laughed at for the way they dress, the way talk, their music choices, hobbies, etc. etc. To deny this is being intellectually dishonest. So going back to my original point, villifying black people who unfortunately grew up around mostly white folks for not having a strong black identity, something they didn't even have an opportunity to develop by virtue of the environment they were raised in, is frankly in my opinion stupid.

It's also divisive.

I'm curious though, what is your opinion on the matter? Why do you think it's not a problem to ostracize white-washed blacks from our community? Rather than calling me a clueless buffoon, I'd love for you to articulate your argument instead.
Sounds like you speaking from experience. :sas2:

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You right he is whitewashed which is why he is successful :heh:.Hopefully more brothers follow his path. It's a rewarding and lucrative one and will keep you out of trouble. Hopefully more brothers wake up and become absolute bores instead of entertainment for VINE. Richard Sherman isn't lauded for his academic achievements. Get real. There was a thread on here clowning his liberal arts degree as not being academically challenging, so even this very board was questioning his "intelligence"...

He's loved simply because he's great and brash in the spirit of Ali.
:wtf:

I'ma have to disagree with you here, homie.

Nobody is saying that adopting a white identity rather than a black one is the key to success. That's fukking ridiculous and self-hating. Most black people you see in the suburbs these days were either raised in the hood or their parents were. We don't have generational wealth, and when we were building it in the South in the early 1900s whites burned it down.

Having dapped my posts in this thread, I hope that's not what you think I'm saying. The only thing I'm saying is that being white-washed shouldn't equate to automatic rejection from the black community. If you're white-washed and treat blacks disparagingly then it's "fukk you and your fam" in my opinion. But if you're white-washed and your friends are Cody, Tyler, and Brent, and you just living your life and you hold no resentment towards blacks then I don't see any reason to hate.

Black is black. If a nikka is an oreo doesn't mean you have to hang with him, cuz you probably won't have much in common, but I feel like just let that nikka live unless he is showing that he shouldn't be included as a member of our community, if he shows that his actions go against our interests.

With that being said...I'm from a poor family. I was raised in the projects. And I'm fairly successful and I still feel more comfortable in the inner city than in the suburbs. I have like three or four white friends, and I have no problem letting white folks know about how fukked up their culture often is and the atrocities they have committed against this planet, and the majority of my friends are the same. So nah, you don't need to Tom it up to be "successful."

And good doesn't equal boring. That's so misfounded I don't even know where to start.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL

It's also divisive.

There's nothing per se wrong with those who are into different things; the issue when the interests converage and end up looking like c00nery. To that extent, white people ostracize wiggers and black people ostracize c00ns. There's nothing "divisive" about ostracizing c00ns like there's nothing divisive about executing deserters. Allow c00nery to fester only encourages it. Attaching negative consequences to c00nery discouages it. Humans respond to positive and negative feedback. I wouldn't say Wilson is still OK because he hasn't said much negative about nikkas, unlike RG3. Most dudes will still ride with him so long as he doesn't go too far

Last edited:

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sounds like you speaking from experience. :sas2:
Haha, not at all my dude. See above post. I just want black people to stick together as much as possible. This white supremacist society we live in isn't going to save us--it's trying to kill us. What I'm saying is if a dude is white-washed, rather than ostracize said dude, let's take that man under our wing and at least help them be more aware of who they are, regardless of how they act. Sending white-washed ppl out of our community and into the ranks of whites, to have them be buddy buddy with white folks who have prejudicial views (and to have that token black friend to cosign those views) is damaging to us.

That's the main reason I have issue with ostracizing black folks who grew up around whites.

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
The fukk you talm bout? Yes Russ seems white washed as fukk. Get the fukk over it. Yes he is a great player and seems to be a nice dude off the field. Doesn't mean he isn't white washed as fukk. If this was a Cuba Gooding Jr or Taye Diggs thread, nikkas would be laughing and agreeing but since it's sweet baby jesus aka Russ, nikkas all in their feelings. You and the rest of the nikkas mad, can pull your skirts down and get over it. :camby:
You seem like the one that's mad. You're keeping this thread alive.

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's nothing per se wrong with those who are into different things; the issue when the interests converage and end up looking like c00nery. To that extent, white people ostracize wiggers and black people ostracize c00ns. There's nothing "divisive" about ostracizing c00ns like there's nothing divisive about executing deserters. Allow c00nery to fester only encourages it. Attaching negative consequences to c00nery discouages it. Humans respond to positive and negative feedback. I wouldn't say Wilson is a c00n, but the lesson itself is important to understand. They will be let in when they deserve it.
And I don't disagree with you. What I'm saying is there is a fine line between being a man who grew up around white folks and c00nery, and being white-washed doesn't equal c00nery. I have met a lot of blacks who act white as fukk but put tons of effort to give back to the community...and yet nikkas still laugh at these dudes behind their backs because they have few black friends and date white women. One of the dudes who has given me one of the biggest opportunities in my life is like this--white wife, white friends, white hobbies, etc. etc., but if you look at that dude's resume' and ALL of his work is to work towards racial equality and better treatment of blacks. And one of my good friends (a black woman, quite militant) has mixed feelings about dude because he was raised around whites and has mostly white friends.

I just find the shyt to be problematic that a dude like the man I'm describing isn't valued in our community on a social level because of how he was raised, despite the amount of effort he puts into improving our community.

Azul

Sunkissed.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Comfort Zone
You dudes gotta understand, if you're a real suburban cat, and all suburbs aint the same. But those exclusive, predominately white zip codes, this is how black people turn out. Russ knows he's black, he's just living how he was raised.

It's not his fault. This is the cost of living in predominantly white neighborhoods. Let that man live. Until he says fukk darkies, he's cool in my book.

:ehh:

I think this is a good point. His squareness aside, (and although I love that he threw that cac wife of his in the bushes) I have no issue with Russ. I've never heard him make disparaging remarks towards black men or women. He is, by all means, a product of his environment. This makes me think about whatever family I may have in the future. I am not far off from 6 figures, and will get there God willing within' the next few years. If I were to marry someone will a similar salary, we will be upper middle class. I will make it an absolute point NOT to raise a family to in mostly white exclusive neighborhoods. They need to be around folks who look like them. I suppose it may be hard because upper middle class predominately black neighborhoods be on that bs too :snoop:

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
:wtf:

I'ma have to disagree with you here, homie.

Nobody is saying that adopting a white identity rather than a black one is the key to success. That's fukking ridiculous and self-hating. Most black people you see in the suburbs these days were either raised in the hood or their parents were. We don't have generational wealth, and when we were building it in the South in the early 1900s whites burned it down.

Having dapped my posts in this thread, I hope that's not what you think I'm saying. The only thing I'm saying is that being white-washed shouldn't equate to automatic rejection from the black community. If you're white-washed and treat blacks disparagingly then it's "fukk you and your fam" in my opinion. But if you're white-washed and your friends are Cody, Tyler, and Brent, and you just living your life and you hold no resentment towards blacks then I don't see any reason to hate.

Black is black. If a nikka is an oreo doesn't mean you have to hang with him, cuz you probably won't have much in common, but I feel like just let that nikka live unless he is showing that he shouldn't be included as a member of our community, if he shows that his actions go against our interests.

With that being said...I'm from a poor family. I was raised in the projects. And I'm fairly successful and I still feel more comfortable in the inner city than in the suburbs. I have like three or four white friends, and I have no problem letting white folks know about how fukked up their culture often is and the atrocities they have committed against this planet, and the majority of my friends are the same. So nah, you don't need to Tom it up to be "successful."

And good doesn't equal boring. That's so misfounded I don't even know where to start.
I dpm
t think I've heard one person say fukk russell wilson in this thread. Dude is not above reproach. There is some kind of false narrative in here that people are tryna shun him from the black race, or that their "hating" on him. I saw none of that.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
And I don't disagree with you. What I'm saying is there is a fine line between being a man who grew up around white folks and c00nery, and being white-washed doesn't equal c00nery. I have met a lot of blacks who act white as fukk but put tons of effort to give back to the community...and yet nikkas still laugh at these dudes behind their backs because they have few black friends and date white women. One of the dudes who has given me one of the biggest opportunities in my life is like this--white wife, white friends, white hobbies, etc. etc., but if you look at that dude's resume' and ALL of his work is to work towards racial equality and better treatment of blacks. And one of my good friends (a black woman, quite militant) has mixed feelings about dude because he was raised around whites and has mostly white friends.

I just find the shyt to be problematic that a dude like the man I'm describing isn't valued in our community on a social level because of how he was raised, despite the amount of effort he puts into improving our community.
I agree with this because people basically trying to monolith theirselves. If you don't act like this and usually its not much different from what whites say you aren't "authentic" black. Don't know how people can't see how that's divisive and non productive then still talk about stuff like Willie Lynch when they the biggest ones effected by parts of it.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
All that and you not once disputed what I said. But I guess personal attacks and wild assumptions pass for discourse. Do me a favor and don't quote me until you look up the disparities between whites and blacks in this country. :tu:

Oh, and thanks for the bootstraps speech cac. :tu:
Stop sucking dikk for daps fakkit I'm not a cac cause I disagree with you failure. Do me a favor and don't quote till your life in order

bangbreh

motorboat extraordinaire
Daps
Reppin
somewhere between a pair of D cup tiddies
Passing offense[/Qi lUOTE]

hahaha yup. I love how he's the all american qb....but black. out there winning a ring, flossing that american smile. I know that makes a lot of them FURIOUS deep down.

I gotta hear about Brady, Peyton, Rogers, all damn day, bout time we get one in there. and its about time they got a fukk up (Manziel)

glorious times. :blessed:
Wilson is a good kid, hii e probably has a good PR firm, but regardless, he's a good role model, someone for the kids to look up too.
i i
Sad reality is those guys are anomalies. But the reason Seahawks aren't on primetime is because they've destroyed everyone they play. NFL wants parody breh.
say it ain't so :sadbron: