Russell Wilson is a cornball breh

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
of course, but some of us & most of 'them' believe Russell being Russell is trying to be like them. I don't subscribe to that theory.

Russell also serves a source of cognitive dissonance for cacs who hate blacks but try to hide it. They really want to hate the Seahawks really bad because of Richard Sherman & how Beast Mode carries himself...but all of a sudden you see this Trojan horse troll-face pop-up
russellwilson-600x417.jpg

just blocking all of that :dead:
hahaha yup. I love how he's the all american qb....but black. out there winning a ring, flossing that american smile. I know that makes a lot of them FURIOUS deep down.

I gotta hear about Brady, Peyton, Rogers, all damn day, bout time we get one in there. and its about time they got a fukk up (Manziel)

glorious times. :blessed:

Wilson is a good kid, he probably has a good PR firm, but regardless, he's a good role model, someone for the kids to look up too.

Last edited:

GMoney

Nostalgia Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Abundance
Shameful thread. Goes to show that as a black man, no matter what you do, you'll always have opposition. Even from the same black people that want to "uplift the community".

20+ pages on how a dude carries himself. :ohhh:

Seeing as most of have never met the man, threads like this always tell us more about the people posting in them than they do about the person being discussed.:sas1:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Some of y'all are such fakkits and you can tell don't step foot outside

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
hahaha yup. I love how he's the all american qb....but black. out there winning a ring, flossing that american smile. I know that makes a lot of them FURIOUS deep down.

I gotta hear about Brady, Peyton, Rogers, all damn day, bout time we get one in there. and its about time they got a fukk up (Manziel)

glorious times. :blessed:

Wilson is a good kid, he probably has a good PR firm, but regardless, he's a good role model, someone for the kids to look up too.

breh I literally be watching TV like this :lolbron: when they have to cover dude

:ahh:

:dead:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
I really think this is why the Seahawks didn't get a lot of primetime TV coverage this year. They don't know how to market them. :ohhh: They tried to go with the band of thugs route but Richard Sherman stood tall on that & deaded it. So then you look at Russell & he has all the qualities they want but then they get in the meeting room and 'but he's black'. "We can't bestow the crown & the type of praise reserved for our Standard Bearers onto him, it undercuts our league." They are so use to demonizing the idea of a blackman or marketing him as 'other' to the mainstream they don't know what to do with Russell Wilson at the helm. :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
los angeles
Saying Russel Wilson is boring or corny is not an indictment of the black community. I feel the same way about Chris Brown and his trying too hard ass

Chris Brown isn't ostracized by blacks. There will never be a thread speaking on his corniness. Chris Brown appeals to the lowest common denominators which is where the bulk of our culture uplifts. :heh:

@2Quik4UHoes

Russ is a better black man then the grimey and or "real" ( the only real nikkas are dead, in jail, or headed that way) :skip:...Like I said if you doing the exact opposite of most of these young black males you probably are headed for a successful life.

Daps
Reppin
los angeles
I really think this is why the Seahawks didn't get a lot of primetime TV coverage this year. They don't know how to market them. :ohhh: They tried to go with the band of thugs route but Richard Sherman stood tall on that & deaded it. So then you look at Russell & he has all the qualities they want but then they get in the meeting room and 'but he's black'. "We can't bestow the crown & the type of praise reserved for our Standard Bearers onto him, it undercuts our league." They are so use to demonizing the idea of a blackman or marketing him as 'other' to the mainstream they don't know what to do with Russell Wilson at the helm. :yeshrug:

Sad reality is those guys are anomalies. But the reason Seahawks aren't on primetime is because they've destroyed everyone they play. NFL wants parody breh.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly

Totally forgot about Richard Sherman. Yea. He pretty much deads all people defending Russ, saying we like our athletes stupid, thuggish and ghetto. Sherman is highly educated,eloquent, diligent, around good dude. But he knows he's black. Whereas Russell has the mannerisms of someone who doesn't.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Elaborate. I wanna hear the white person perspective on this.
Russ appears to have grown up in wealth, that's the way he acts.He doesn't do much lame except for that commercial he had earlier this year. Interviews are vanilla. :yeshrug:
I was really referring to the race relations on here :heh: I've never heard 1/10th of the stuff offline, and I reside in a melting pot city.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
@2Quik4UHoes

Russ is a better black man then the grimey and or "real" ( the only real nikkas are dead, in jail, or headed that way) :skip:...Like I said if you doing the exact opposite of most of these young black males you probably are headed for a successful life.

I never said Russ was good or bad, just what he is. I know a few real nikkaz doing great for themselves, not every case is a tragedy even of the odds are against Black people. I think what's being missed is the idea of Black masculinity and how its viewed only in extreme terms like being grimey or a gangsta. It's a lot of thug nikkaz and real nikkaz walking amongst you working good blue and white collar jobs and you can't tell cuz they learned how to play the game and keep their integrity.

I think a lot of you that are making such a huge deal over @dtownreppin214 thread are those overly sensitive suburban types that champion Kanye and other bullshyt like that.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Chris Brown isn't ostracized by blacks. There will never be a thread speaking on his corniness. Chris Brown appeals to the lowest common denominators which is where the bulk of our culture uplifts. :heh:

@2Quik4UHoes

Stop it man. You not black and it''s obvious