Superstar
Daps
RG_RobParker1.jpg

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Dude comes off mad scripted and always in character. shyt doesn't even seem genuine
how?

Derek Jeter's the same way and he's deified for it.

Him being the way he is isn't fishy. We're just used to seeing so many fukkups in general that when someone like Russell Wilson appears, we're busy trying to figure out his flaws.

Remember Highlights for Children? Russell Wilson might just be the real life version of Gallant.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Russell seems like a cool dude but, we gonna act like if someone we knew only dated white women, had all white friends, was the token black guy in the white frat, wore Jos A Banks shirts and acted as if he had no idea was black, we gonna act like we wouldn't call that guy :mjpls: I'm surprised with the answers in here. Every pawg thread, y'all be out here in full force Chicago Playa Haters style but apparently it's all good for Russell, aight :mjpls:

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Russell seems like a cool dude but, we gonna act like if someone we knew only dated white women, had all white friends, was the token black guy in the white frat, wore Jos A Banks shirts and acted as if he had no idea was black, we gonna act like we wouldn't call that guy :mjpls: I'm surprised with the answers in here. Every pawg thread, y'all be out here in full force Chicago Playa Haters style but apparently it's all good for Russell, aight :mjpls:
Saw plenty of dudes like that in college. This thread has me thinking that some of the posters in here were that dude. :mjpls:

Bestndagam

Rookie
Daps
These fools here are gonna roast you for this post. They also probably never read Uncle Tom's Cabin and have no idea he stood up for his beliefs and was considered a good dude.

I welcome any and all comments. It's about time that this shyt gets put out there. Tired of the bullshyt.

Bestndagam

Rookie
Daps
This is always the cac's interpretation, and always the wrong one. The slaves took lessons from the story (which wasn't a true depiction, only a positive spin, as Harriet Tubman describes) and adapt it to their own lives, which included Uncle Tom-like chariacatures. Toms are no fukking heroes in real life, u moron.

Tom was servile and obedient to his own detriment and his people to the bewilderment and of the slaves. You see, slaves variously ran away, tricked whites and did whatever else they could to rebel (i.e. in the story, two black boys purposely misinterpret instructions from travelling slavemaster, trying to lead him astray). Tom, however, rebelled or sought to rebel (which is why he is soon rewarded with being able to leave the estate to go on errands). No, despite his and his family's predicament, he is always slavish and obedient to his master. He doesn't fight back against the violence, intimidation, murders and threats because he is a "Christian" (i.e. brainwashed by cac bullshyt). In fact, Tom was such a good slave that he is rewarded for his years of perfect servitude in a way only such a slave could be rewarded: by his master selling him down the river. It is during this moment hat Tom realizes the depth of his betrayal and the fact his years of blind servility had earned him nothing (not even a good death). It is at this moment he has his "negro wake up call". See, with all his experience outside the slave estate, Tom could have escaped a thousand times before--and taken others with him--but he never did. He could have saved his family from absolute slavery by running away--like another girl does in the same book--but Tom never does it. The juxpaposition between the girl's desperate actions and Tom's passive ones are what define him. As a final act of redemption against his many sins and own foolishness, Tom does one noble act. This one act is supposed to be redemption for his blind servitude, ignorance and blidness--but is he redeemed? The term "Uncle Tom' refers to the images of c00ns like Tom, who are servile and obedient, ultimately against their own and for the people who hate them.

Samuel Jackson's character is one such "Uncle Tom" caricature. The book shows cacs what they want to hear. But the slaves took out of it only what was true as they experienced it. One of those things is Uncle Tom caricature:

Harriet Tubman said: "I've heard Uncle Tom's cabin rad, and I tell you Mrs. Stowe's pen hasn't even begun to paint what slavery is as I have seen it in the South".

"I freed a thousand slaves I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Far too many inaccuracies in this post, I don't even know where to begin, so I just won't. That's how/what the term has come to mean TODAY, namely by black people, as a means of still trying to tear one another down. You're still missing the big picture and mixing in common idioms, where the two don't correlate. Please, tell me, what is a c00n? I would love to hear this one as well. That term, Uncle Tom, and countless others, have lost their true meaning and where it was derived from. Common slang and the metamorphosis of the original meanings of words is beyond funny to me.

Additionally, don't mix in personal opinion and claim it as fact, while attempting to call someone else wrong jack. And you quoting Harriet Tubman at the end...what was that supposed to do? It clearly didn't prove any of the opinions you were trying to pass off as fact.

But at the end of the day, this wasn't about getting into a verbal sparring session with you or anyone else. This was a wake-up call that WE gotta do better TOGETHER black people.

Bestndagam

Rookie
Daps
Are you serious? Acting like race doesn't matter and being nonchalant about race is the cure? You thinking being more fukking accepting than we already are is the cure? You see how black folks gave no fukks about Justin Bieber racist videos? You see white folks doing that? You see Jews doing that? You see Indians doing that? You koreans that? Naw, most of them marry within their own race and support their own community. Black folks are always the kambaya type crowd. We always the ones to forgive every damn thing and try to let other people into our circle. Funny shyt is, I got a rep on here for being a black militant for riding for black folks non stop. Yet I've been called a "phony militant" and what's wrong with the black community. WE as black people are the ones who marry interracial as soon as we get money. I'm the bad guy for thinking we should stick together as a community, support our community, and marry within our community? All other cultures do it and are doing better but somehow, our problem is we shouldn't do the same? How many times you gonna see a super rich black athlete marry a white person and transfer his earnings to her before you give a fukk? You'd be hard pressed to find any other race who does that but us. Have we been taught to be obedient and acceptance to white people? But fukk this, it's pointless. We'll continue to think shyt is sweet as our youth get gunned down in the streets, as our college graduates have less of a chance of getting a job than a white high school graduate, as we get profiled for just shopping at a grocery store. Nawwwww, that's not the problem though. It's that we don't accept black celebrities who hang and associate with white folks. You are clueless and will never help in our progress.

Didn't even wanna take this thread to that level because I know a majority of the posters in the coliseum are non black but I can't get called out that much and not say some shyt. I'm done here man.

fukked with each one of you nikkas here but fukk it.
@Savior @mastermind @Sleepy @Rekkapryde @Inevitable Kobe Turnover @SubZeroDegrees

I very much so am serious. Do tell me what any part of this long, drawn out, and virtually pointless rant had anything to do with my original post. Enlighten me, enlighten us all. You're upset because he married a white woman? Had/has white friends? And YOU believe (no facts behind it by the way, but your thoughts) that because he's got a little bit of money and celebrity he's now gonna abandon the black community?

If THAT'S where you're going with this, then there is no need for us to even continue this discussion. You go back and tell me how it is that we got here, based off what I said alone.

Soundwave

No Known Weaknesses
Supporter
Daps
how?

Derek Jeter's the same way and he's deified for it.

Him being the way he is isn't fishy. We're just used to seeing so many fukkups in general that when someone like Russell Wilson appears, we're busy trying to figure out his flaws.

Remember Highlights for Children? Russell Wilson might just be the real life version of Gallant.
So who's Goofus? :lupe: