Run The Damn Ball Kyle!!! 2020 49ers Offseason Thread.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ

also one you went 15-4 last season taking his team to the SB, unfortunately one pass from winning it he got there in his first full season.

The other guy won only like 5 game and got swept by the prior guy.:hubie:

But coli trynna say the latter guy better:comeon:

I will say this, with what Arizona did in the offseason Kyler Murray is about to level up. I see some Russell Wilson in him even though he isn't as sturdy. Most of his turnovers were him trying to make something happen when Fitz wasn't open.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I will say this, with what Arizona did in the offseason Kyler Murray is about to level up. I see some Russell Wilson in him even though he isn't as sturdy. Most of his turnovers were him trying to make something happen when Fitz wasn't open.
He’s not as big as Wilson but he’s a way better athlete

1ncognegro

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#SidenikkaGang 804 VA
They definitely will be a thorn in our side. This division man. It’s not getting any easier :why:

But it’s still Niners on top fukk em:pacspit:

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County

also one you went 15-4 last season taking his team to the SB, unfortunately one pass from winning it he got there in his first full season.

The other guy won only like 5 game and got swept by the prior guy.:hubie:

But coli trynna say the latter guy better:comeon:

Kyler could turn out to be better with the arsenal he has right now. Their WR corps are way better than the Niners. Kyler is more athletic than Jimmy and that is a big level up when you have weapons.

But it's getting old with people shytting on Jimmy G. These idiots act like the Niners were stacked with WRs the first day he got here. It took over half the season for Deebo to be a force. They got Sanders in mid season also. He's never had a Larry Fitz type WR either. What veteran WR did he have that was great? Everybody is young AF. smdh

His best WR is a friggin TE for the most part.

Get Jimmy another star WR to go along with Deebo and you will see a huge step up in his game.

Last edited:

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
They definitely will be a thorn in our side. This division man. It’s not getting any easier :why:

But it’s still Niners on top fukk em:pacspit:
With the Rams and Seattle no longer a force, I say the division got easier. :francis: Cards have the stronger upside than the rest of the division. :yeshrug:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Ok fellas, lets take a look at our roster as we go from the offseason to the draft to the upcoming camps. We didn't make any drastic changes nor should we. This was a 13-3 team that played well all the way through the Superbowl only losing to the game's best QB and a HOF coach in Andy Reid. But that is done and the 2020-21 season is underway. Can we work our way back to the SB (and win) or will we suffer from the hangover. Tough to say but lets get it going as we always do with our Quarterbacks.

Quarterbacks

Jimmy Garappolo - One full season removed from his catastrophic ACL injury, Jimmy started off a bit gingerly but ultimately worked his way to a 69% completion percentage. 27 TDs only 13 INTs and a passer rating of 102. With a little under 4k yards. This very good efficiency for a QB which is key in an offense that likes to run the ball as much as it does. Jimmy has great anticipation most times and a quick release making him great on short and intermediate passes. Here is one stat though I was not aware of and I think would be interesting even to us as fans. Jimmy Garrapolo led the league in completion percentage of passes of 20 yards or greater (58.1%) last year and while he doesn't throw big bombs he usually can see the deep threat and connect. Now Jimmy does have some flaws, even though he's thrown relatively few interceptions, he's made some dangerous throws into coverage and there are moments he tends to hold the ball on too long to find his favorite target but if you had to ask me 'Is Jimmy a franchise QB' the answer in my humble opinion, YES. Jimmy is a top 10 QB in the NFL and he can still get better.

Skills: B+
Performance: B+
Potential: B+

Overall: B+

Nick Mullens - Nick Mullens is the young UDFA QB who worked his way up to the #2 QB following his legendary performance against the Oakland Raiders. Mullens took a 1 year 750k deal for this upcoming season but he will be an unrestricted free agent next year. The market could get interesting. Nick goes through his reads quickly and makes quick decisions with the ball. Admirable traits in any quarterback. Problem is Nick is a smallish QB, not much of an athlete and it's clear he's a liability throwing past 15 yards. This matters less in todays NFL with more sophisticated schemes and offense friendly rules and as such there is a possibility a team offers him contract to be their back up moving forward (including us) despite his physical limitations he has proven he can be a fine spot starter in the league and those are hard to come by without overspending on an over the hill veteran QB. But for now Mullens is the underdog who can be called in to save the day if need be and is among the leagues best #2 QBs.

Skills: B-
Performance: C
Potential: C+

Overall: C+

CJ Beathard - CJ Beathard (RIP to his brother) was the 3rd round pick in 2017 draft. This was a severe reach by rookie GM John Lynch. Ahhh such is life. Beathard has a gritty attitude and a lunchpail work ethic but unfortunately the one thing he has proven is that he holds on to the ball much to long and that is unacceptable in today's NFL. Because of there only being two preseason games this season, it could be very likely he's just benched until his contract runs out and he's a free agent at the end of this season. With the offensive line being a much improved unit we have no need to keep 3 QBs on the roster and even if we did, I prefer to have a younger piece with more potential to train. Happy trails CJ. Them 'deavors' are coming sooner rather than later.

Skills: D
Performance: D
Potential: C+

Overall: D+

Broc Rutter - UDFA QB from North Central Ill. (Div III), had 14265 yards as a QB in his career. I have seen little of him play, but amassing those stats is no small feat and he seems to be a very good interview. We will see.

Overall Grade: INC

Unit Analysis: This one is easy. Keep Jimmy healthy and we are a playoff team. PERIOD. If he gets hurt. Punt the season and develop the young piece. Jimmy G is a top 10 QB in the NFL and I think he can improve and become elite. He has the support and love from his teammates, ownership is trying to tweak and improve what is around him. He's our guy thick and thin. He's good enough to get us a ring and Nick Mullens is about as competent a backup as it gets.

Unit Grade: B+

Last edited:

1ncognegro

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#SidenikkaGang 804 VA
Kyler could turn out to be better with the arsenal he has right now. Their WR corps are way better than the Niners. Kyler is more athletic than Jimmy and that is a big level up when you have weapons.

But it's getting old with people shytting on Jimmy G. These idiots act like the Niners were stacked with WRs the first day he got here. It took over half the season for Deebo to be a force. They got Sanders in mid season also. He's never had a Larry Fitz type WR either. What veteran WR did he have that was great? Everybody is young AF. smdh

His best WR is a friggin TE for the most part.

Get Jimmy another star WR to go along with Deebo and you will see a huge step up in his game.
Don’t forget about us being 26th in pass protection mainly at guard and center