Run The Damn Ball Kyle!!! 2020 49ers Offseason Thread.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
yo, I read on webzone that the new CBA provides for 55 roster spots instead of 53 ? I didnt even know about that.

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yo, I read on webzone that the new CBA provides for 55 roster spots instead of 53 ? I didnt even know about that.

How about expanded rosters?

Yes. More jobs. That's another way the players benefit. The game-day active roster will increase from 46 to 48 players (although one of the extra players must be an offensive lineman, which will give teams more flexibility to have three extra linemen). Practice squads will expand from 10 players to 12 in 2020 and 2021 and to 14 starting in 2022. Practice-squad salaries also are going up -- the minimum salary is $8,000 per week in the current CBA, and it will rise to $11,500 by 2022 -- and those players will be eligible for 401(k) and tuition assistance benefits.

Two practice-squad players per week may be elevated to the team's roster, meaning game-week roster sizes could effectively increase from 53 to 55. And a player elevated from the practice squad to the 55-man roster could be sent back to the practice squad two times without having to clear waivers.

The changes will give teams more flexibility in managing their rosters and, if utilized fully, will offer more opportunity for practice-squad players to earn active-roster salaries.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
If they’re all healthy I don’t think Jennings makes the team. Hurd is better and more versatile athlete.

Jennings actually played with Hurd in college and was a great receiver at Tennessee. He’s not that fast though but he’ll win 50/50 balls all day. He can eat in this offense out of the slot.

Bout to say I remember when Jennings was a QB (switched to WR to get on the field early) and Hurd was a RB :heh:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Swagnificent Niners drafted Jennings

Getting a Pro Bowl WR in the 7th round must be nice.

NFL teams are gonna regret passing on him. Jauan already plays with a chip on his shoulder. Getting disrespected like this gonna make him even more of a beast on the field.

Plus the Niners needs receivers so he could see plenty of action as a rookie. Dude is a straight up dawg. I guarantee he will be a FAN FAVORITE. You can't find a Tennessee fan who doesn't love him.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
If they’re all healthy I don’t think Jennings makes the team. Hurd is better and more versatile athlete.

Jennings actually played with Hurd in college and was a great receiver at Tennessee. He’s not that fast though but he’ll win 50/50 balls all day. He can eat in this offense out of the slot.

LOL. Jauan Jennings is making the team. Same with Hurd. Niners aren't exactly flushed with WRs. Hurd was a 3rd rounder. Plus Jauan can play on the outside as well. He isn't just a slot.

Niners just went from one of the worst WR corps in the NFL to one of the best with Jauan Jennings and a healthy Jalen Hurd. NFL teams will regret letting Jauan fall to the 7th round.

Last edited:

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Assuming everyone stays healthy we have an elite offensive line on paper.

I also like that we got good value for the Maquise Goodwin and Breida trades.
Definitely fair trades. O line is nice. Too bad no moves for a quality CB. But Sherm should be ok for this last year. I imagine CB will be high on the draft list next season. Safety also.