Rumor: Sony struggling to keep PS5 parts pricing down...now up to $450 per console

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Anything from $450 to $500 is reasonable. Over that and they're pushing it.

What's this Ray tracing I keep hearing about?

You must've forgot how they got overconfident with the $600 PS3 and had to fall all the way back :usure:

I think they learned their lesson...:troll:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
cell phones eat up a bunch of that shyt. plus there's gonna be a big jump in demand when the two major consoles need this memory

I need to hurry up and buy a new SSD before shyt gets crazy

I just figured companies woulda learned their lesson from the hdd shyt. guess not

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
No PS5 exclusive game for 2 years confirmed. If this 499 at launch best believe they ain't abandoning ps4 anytime soon. Unless the see it at an L which I don't see them doing.

Sony has never abandoned their previous consoles like "others". :francis:

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Reminds me when I went to a relatives house back in the day. It was his Bday and his mom copped him a PS1. Breh was super hype at first, til he realized he only had the console and no games or extra controllers, dude had like 3 brothers too:laff:

Moms was like "Why you aint happy since you got the Playstation!?" :mjtf:

"I don't have any games":mjcry:
:russ::laff:

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
hilarious thread to read through

alot of cats clearly havent been paying attention to whats happening

everyone will be fine

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
nikkaz here really crying over 500 bucks?

you don't have to have that much to spend all at once. you can just save up like 100 a month

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Why do people think Microsoft coming out with a cheaper Xbox will mean they’ll win the race automatically? The Xbox 360 came out a year earlier than the PS3, was much cheaper and yet still ended up selling less than the PS3 which is widely considered a ‘failure’.
This is not the whole truth. The ps3 was considered a "failure" due to the cost to produce the system and the amount of money lost on its development and release. Sony also had to pull shady marketing tactics like bundling in ps3 and ps2 sells together, while Microsoft was dealing with the red ring of death. Microsoft also dropped first party support for the 360 during the last two years while Sony put out some of their best executives.
The Xbox one didn’t fail because it was more expensive than the PS4, it failed because it’s a rubbish console with no exciting exclusives. As long as Sony delivers an attractive price and the games along with it, they’ve got nothing to fear from Microsoft.

No it failed because it was more expensive and weaker overall.

The point I'm trying to make is that Sony is not invincible, if they let Microsoft release a console that significantly more powerful while being around the same price, it wont end well for them.

I know Microsoft can afford to sell the series x at a loss, but I dont think they care enough about the gaming industry to sacrifice short term profits for long term benefits.

I dont think Sony can afford to sell at a loss but they've shown that they would if they had to.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Sony going to lose this generation as they are doing too much reactive responses and wait n see approach. Sony should be more confident as they have singlehandedly won last gen easily and have the confidence that their fans will do what is best.

They are waiting to see Xbox Series premiere to see their specs then announce their specs
Rumor has it they are trying to change their specs because of the so called 12 flop Xbox
They are chasing behind Microsoft and google with streaming
They are chasing Microsoft with putting exclusives on PC and other platforms

Where is the confidence

You negros should be ashamed of yourselves.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Why? I’m not hip to the upcoming gen situation at all.
Stan shyt breh.

Microsoft snatched defeat from the jaws of victory last gen and nikkas think sony is untouchable now. The reason sony is on top now is because Microsoft keeps fukking up, not because of brand loyalty.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Microsoft never had and will never have a huge advantage.

They are the away team, they are the big bad rich Americans.

Japan supports Japan.

Japan is the mecha of gaming.

Saying Xbox has advantage is like saying Nickelodeon had the best anime series (Avatar)b then let Japan take it away.

Microsoft will always be in for a fight until America gets more and more heavy hitters which is happening slowly, but even then, we'll be long and dead before that kind of shift happens

The Japanese market is largely irrelevant console wise. Its the other non-American markets that Microsoft has lost.

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
Looks like a lot of people will be buying this online. Makes sense. No need to walk into a retail store. PS: You can mail your stuff to a post office as well in case you dont trust your hood.