Rumor: Sony struggling to keep PS5 parts pricing down...now up to $450 per console

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
When I say north of 500, I mean base price 499, then game, controller and tax.

y’all just gon buy the console and look at that bytch ? :mjlol:

every gaming vet know you gotta include games accessories and taxes when you copping. :yeshrug:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
yes but that part...
I think it's a multitude of things that made Xbox not as popular in Japan as compared to the rest of the world.

Xbox always had this shooter racer shooter trio image. Whenever you thought of "Xbox" you automatically think of Forza, Halo, Gears and that branding hurt it. They never really had studios and games that appeal to the Japanese like Sony does. Lack of Ni No Kuni's, Persona, Final Fantasy(up until recently the PSX FF games weren't on Xbox), no Kingdom Hearts(prior to 2019), no SMT games etc. No Street fighter game(currently), Tekken was already popular on Playstation, Capcom games more popular on Playstation it's an uphill battle.

Now that doesn't mean other games don't sell there but you have the choice to buy a platform that you're already familiar with that has the games you want PLUS the multiplats it's no brainer. it's this reasoning that makes the most sense to me. They've tried to turn things around with the 360 as the years went on but by then their brand was already smeared as that American shooter/racer console.

They're might as well focus more on the US/EU and try to cater more Japanese branding for that market with deals and games but I think it's lost.

I mean look at like this.

In a couple of months FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE is coming out ONLY on PS4. That alone hurts it.

But another point I think that's not stressed enough is Sony isn't winning JUST because of Japan. Japan PS4 sales are only over 8 million consoles with Switch slightly above that.

Japan isn't as big as the US obviously.

Sony is huge in the US, latin america, EU and Asia. Xbox is mostly big in USA and somewhat in EU.

Last edited:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
When I say north of 500, I mean base price 499, then game, controller and tax.

y’all just gon buy the console and look at that bytch ? :mjlol:

every gaming vet know you gotta include games accessories and taxes when you copping. :yeshrug:

Reminds me when I went to a relatives house back in the day. It was his Bday and his mom copped him a PS1. Breh was super hype at first, til he realized he only had the console and no games or extra controllers, dude had like 3 brothers too:laff:

Moms was like "Why you aint happy since you got the Playstation!?" :mjtf:

"I don't have any games":mjcry:

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No PS5 exclusive game for 2 years confirmed. If this 499 at launch best believe they ain't abandoning ps4 anytime soon. Unless the see it at an L which I don't see them doing.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
No PS5 exclusive game for 2 years confirmed. If this 499 at launch best believe they ain't abandoning ps4 anytime soon. Unless the see it at an L which I don't see them doing.

:dwillhuh: Ratchet and Clank is rumored.

Also Horizon is gonna be ready within a launch year window too.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"most of the games will be available on the PS4"

Yup...looks like I'll wait for the price to drop to $299 with a free game.

fukk that shyt.
Most of the third party games will also be on PS4. Just like this gen and last gen when most of the third party launch games were also on the previous console.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
They would be stupid to go above $500. That's the MAX.

DRAM/NAND shortages :gucci: I remember when the hdd shortage shyt happened years ago. You would think companies would have built up more production in various places by now.

Of course most of the launch window games were gonna be on PS4. I do expect at least 2 to be PS5 exclusive..

Wonder how long Sony is gonna wait if their waiting on Microsoft. They could wait up until E3 :patrice:

and none of this shyt don't really matter to me. Because I'm not a 1st adopter and don't plan on getting a 5 until year 3

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
nikkas is buying phones for $1200 and shyt . I'll pay up to a rack :manny:
dont tell them that though
AND I still have my ps3 and ps4 games. if it really will backplay old games, thats a win. I have my old bioshock and fallout. thats a win imo. iphone don't do shyt but play youtube and it's not even 5g. :manny: