Rumor: Sony struggling to keep PS5 parts pricing down...now up to $450 per console

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
Anything from $450 to $500 is reasonable. Over that and they're pushing it.

The price they have to pay if they want to use Zen 2 and custom Navi parts that include raytracing.
What's this Ray tracing I keep hearing about?

People will buy this, Sony is not Microsoft they don't have to worry about the price point being negative. Just make fire games and the gamers will come. Like someone else realistically said it is cheaper than a gawddamn iPhone. Holiday season it's gonña be sold out just you wait.:ld:

You must've forgot how they got overconfident with the $600 PS3 and had to fall all the way back :usure:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Fact is that Sony eventually caught up with Microsoft and passed it. The fact that it even happened despite the huge advantages Microsoft had earlier shows the limitations of the Xbox. Gamepass hasn’t really done much for Xbox one sales this gen considering the poor sales of the console and even if let’s say next gen, it does become popular, what’s stopping Sony from adopting its own version? Then it’s back to square one for Microsoft.

Microsoft never had and will never have a huge advantage.

They are the away team, they are the big bad rich Americans.

Japan supports Japan.

Japan is the mecha of gaming.

Saying Xbox has advantage is like saying Nickelodeon had the best anime series (Avatar)b then let Japan take it away.

Microsoft will always be in for a fight until America gets more and more heavy hitters which is happening slowly, but even then, we'll be long and dead before that kind of shift happens

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
Of course price doesn't matter to most of the posters here

For a lot of people with families who have to get multiple presents for multiple kids....this could definitely be a determining factor on whether or not they get it release day :yeshrug:

And the same goes for the Series X. Price is definitely a big deal

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Fact is that Sony eventually caught up with Microsoft and passed it. The fact that it even happened despite the huge advantages Microsoft had earlier shows the limitations of the Xbox. Gamepass hasn’t really done much for Xbox one sales this gen considering the poor sales of the console and even if let’s say next gen, it does become popular, what’s stopping Sony from adopting its own version? Then it’s back to square one for Microsoft.

Systems sales alone don't make you much money, companies profit more off subscription services and software sales, which is where MS is going for moving forward w/ Gamepass, XCloud, Live, etc.

Gamepass subscribers spend 20% longer time playing and exhibit 40% more variety in the games they play. Developers love it too because it gives their games much more exposure and a larger player base. Even if they play the game itself for free, players will still pay for DLC & microtransactions so devs still eat regardless. MS wouldn't be doubling down and putting all their own exclusives on Gamepass day one if it wasn't super successful. If indie devs AND the AAA titles are having a ton of success there, they gotta be doing something right.

I got my PS4 on launch day and spent hundreds of hours on it, but I finished this console gen playing Xbox a lot more simply because I have a 200+ library at my disposal and can try out games I would have maybe never played or spent money on otherwise. Sleep on that shyt if you want to:hubie: but MS is setting themselves up nicely for the future.

Microsoft's Xbox Game Pass gamble is paying off
How Game Pass Can Be A Powerful Funding Engine For Every Kind Of Game
Why Xbox Gamepass Is A Huge Success - Gaming Route

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Im a troll for speaking facts? Microsoft is really only popular in North America, whilst Sony dominates everywhere. Sony would’ve to fukk up majorly for the Xbox to even have a sniff of winning next gen.
I said what I said, b. We seen your thread after thread of Stan foolery.

Canon

Veteran
Daps

Japan supports Japan.

Saying Xbox has advantage is like saying Nickelodeon had the best anime series (Avatar)b then let Japan take it away.

Microsoft will always be in for a fight until America gets more and more heavy hitters which is happening slowly, but even then, we'll be long and dead before that kind of shift happens
:mjlol:Oh poor Microsoft.apple don’t seem to have these issues:lolbron:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Japan supports Japan.

I don't think it's as simple as "American company" because Apple has no problems selling in Japan.

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sometimes brehs, you cost savers make me sick. I mean, people are really out here dropping a grand on a phone.. can you even buy a phone cheaper than a console anymore?

Let's be reasonable. Next gen could come out baseline at 500 and I don't see any issue

:manny: