Rumor: Sony struggling to keep PS5 parts pricing down...now up to $450 per console

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
People will buy this, Sony is not Microsoft they don't have to worry about the price point being negative. Just make fire games and the gamers will come. Like someone else realistically said it is cheaper than a gawddamn iPhone. Holiday season it's gonña be sold out just you wait.:ld:

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why do people think Microsoft coming out with a cheaper Xbox will mean they’ll win the race automatically? The Xbox 360 came out a year earlier than the PS3, was much cheaper and yet still ended up selling less than the PS3 which is widely considered a ‘failure’.
The Xbox one didn’t fail because it was more expensive than the PS4, it failed because it’s a rubbish console with no exciting exclusives. As long as Sony delivers an attractive price and the games along with it, they’ve got nothing to fear from Microsoft.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I been screaming “day one” but I think I’m wait for both consoles to figure it out

when X1X has five 3rd party gen exclusives that I want I’ll buy one

when PS5 have five console specific exclusives I want I’ll buy one

and truth be told if the PS5 measures up to the X1X performance-/specs-wise then it doesn’t even make sense for me to get an X1X...last 2 gens (360 + XB1) xbox hasn’t offered any exclusive games that I felt I HAD to play...not expecting this gen to be any different...only reasons I even bought an XB1 is most of my friends that were upgrading to play GTA 5 went w/ xbox and it was the better performing console for 3rd party games...prior to that tho I only fukked w/ sony...might be back on my sony shyt next gen IF they get it completely right

Last edited:

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Why do people think Microsoft coming out with a cheaper Xbox will mean they’ll win the race automatically? The Xbox 360 came out a year earlier than the PS3, was much cheaper and yet still ended up selling less than the PS3 which is widely considered a ‘failure’.
The Xbox one didn’t fail because it was more expensive than the PS4, it failed because it’s a rubbish console with no exciting exclusives. As long as Sony delivers an attractive price and the games along with it, they’ve got nothing to fear from Microsoft.

PS3 sales didn't pass 360 sales until late in the gen. They allowed Microsoft to get more of a foothold early on because 360s were much cheaper, and Xbox Live even as a paid service was miles ahead of PSN for online multiplayer. Combine that with the fact that PS exclusives weren't popping at the beginning of the gen.

I don't think a lot of people are saying Xbox will win next gen because of price point. Sony caught up with their online experience and has blown Xbox out of the water with exclusives. Gamepass is what will keep Xbox competitive I think. Trying out a few games without purchasing for full price is appealing. If Halo Infinite is good and their new studios develop better games they'll challenge Sony.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
PS3 sales didn't pass 360 sales until late in the gen. They allowed Microsoft to get more of a foothold early on because 360s were much cheaper, and Xbox Live even as a paid service was miles ahead of PSN for online multiplayer. Combine that with the fact that PS exclusives weren't popping at the beginning of the gen.

I don't think a lot of people are saying Xbox will win next gen because of price point. Sony caught up with their online experience and has blown Xbox out of the water with exclusives. Gamepass is what will keep Xbox competitive I think. Trying out a few games without purchasing for full price is appealing. If Halo Infinite is good and their new studios develop better games they'll challenge Sony.
Fact is that Sony eventually caught up with Microsoft and passed it. The fact that it even happened despite the huge advantages Microsoft had earlier shows the limitations of the Xbox. Gamepass hasn’t really done much for Xbox one sales this gen considering the poor sales of the console and even if let’s say next gen, it does become popular, what’s stopping Sony from adopting its own version? Then it’s back to square one for Microsoft.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Already figured both consoles would be north of 500.

they met have leaked this to gauge reactions and temper public expectations ahead of a spring reveal.
They’ve hinted at such a couple of times in interviews I believe. Vaguely

PS5 won't be more than 500.