Rumor: PS5 Pro & New PS Handheld by 2024

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
A PS5 Pro is unnecessary.

But there's a lot of people who will buy it. And the hype is gonna be high.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:unimpressed:

I'm a need Sony to improve their supply chain efforts. I don't even care about a PS5 Pro but this being a rumor when the regular PS5 and countless other Sony items are on backorder for months on end is annoying. Especially when you waiting on something for literally months to be available.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's no way a PS5 Pro is coming this soon when the demand is outpacing supply for the current model. It makes zero business sense to cannibalize your own sales potential with a new model so soon.

Exactly. There's legitimately no business reason for there to be a Pro as of right now.

Last cycle, bother the PS4 and XBox had miscalculated the longevity of the hardware in keeping up with what developers were making. Unless there's a drastic change, that doesn't seem to be the case now.

And that's not even taking what you said into account.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
unless it offers more power which eliminates having to choose between fidelity and performance, I’m no longer looking forward to the idea of a PS5 pro…more HD space, smaller design, new color are irrelevant to me at this point

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Look at the success of steam deck and switch. If they can get 720p versions of ps5 games with crossplay/cross save on a handheld for $399, that shyt will sell like crazy.

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
There's no way a PS5 Pro is coming this soon when the demand is outpacing supply for the current model. It makes zero business sense to cannibalize your own sales potential with a new model so soon.

I didn't watch the video but who knows Sony might do a PS5 Pro/Slim version by 2024 and stop making the OG models. The PS4 was only in the third yr of it's life cycle and they dropped the PS4 Pro out of nowhere.